Funny Ethel Lines

lucyfan101

• 3 weeks later...

That should be #1! :marionstrong: Sometimes I pop in the DVD for that one line. lol

Certainly a funny one, but my nomination for numero uno would be:

"Oh, just wait 'til Mickey Richardson hears about this!"

The build up to that scene with Lucy reading the letters and Viv's expression and voice...utterly inimitable and priceless!

Certainly a funny one, but my nomination for numero uno would be:

"Oh, just wait 'til Mickey Richardson hears about this!"

The build up to that scene with Lucy reading the letters and Viv's expression and voice...utterly inimitable and priceless!

I LOVE that line!!!! :hlLOL: :hlLOL: :hlLOL:

Most of my favorite Ethel lines are ones that in and of themselves wouldn't necessarily be funny, but Viv's superb delivery and facial expressions make them hysterical!

I LOVE that line!!!! :hlLOL: :hlLOL: :hlLOL:

Most of my favorite Ethel lines are ones that in and of themselves wouldn't necessarily be funny, but Viv's superb delivery and facial expressions make them hysterical!

Very true! Who else but Viv could have made the recitation of a cake recipe gut-bustingly hilarious? :marionstrong:

• 2 months later...

Absolutely Claude...there's probably a million ways to deliver that line..and most of them would not have worked. Vivian always delivered a great line with the right attitude and gusto. It was heartwarming to read how much Lucy appreciated Vivian's genius as well...tearing up just by watching footage of her working and saying how great she was.

And while we're in this best of Vivian thread...my all time, hands-down favorite performance was Ethel trying to distract Ricky while Lucy was dangling from Cornell Wilde's upstairs suite. Impeccable performance! I applaud after every time I see it...it's one of Vivian's best moments, for me.

Archived