Ruta Lee and Thalians Fundraiser Exhibition Sunday in Palm Springs!

Ruta Lee and Thalians Fundraiser Exhibition at Brian Marki Fine Art
10750138_761261143948323_913113585729688

When:

Sunday, January 11, 2015; 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM

Where:

170 E. Arenas Road, Palm Springs, CA, 92262

P: 760-327-5777, Email: art@brianmarki.com or www.brianmarki.com

Join Ruta Lee (THE Movie Star!!!) with Anna Maria Alberghetti and The Thalians, in concert with the Italian Cultural Institute of Los Angeles for a Fundraiser Exhibition by artist Mario Canali.

Benefits The Thalians’ Operation Mend, at UCLA mental health services for our Wounded Warriors; U.S. military personnel injured while serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Benefit Sunday, Jan. 11, 3 to 6 pm. Brian Marki Fine Art.  For information, 760-327-5777 or www.brianmarki.com

When:

Sunday, January 11, 2015; 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM

Where:

170 E. Arenas Road, Palm Springs, CA, 92262

P: 760-327-5777, Email: art@brianmarki.com or www.brianmarki.com

Join Ruta Lee (THE Movie Star!!!) with Anna Maria Alberghetti and The Thalians, in concert with the Italian Cultural Institute of Los Angeles for a Fundraiser Exhibition by artist Mario Canali.

Benefits The Thalians’ Operation Mend, at UCLA mental health services for our Wounded Warriors; U.S. military personnel injured while serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Benefit Sunday, Jan. 11, 3 to 6 pm. Brian Marki Fine Art.  For information, 760-327-5777 or www.brianmarki.com

Isn't Debbie Reynolds involved with this anymore?

10750138_761261143948323_913113585729688

Joey:  Thanks so much for the current Benefit information; everyone reading this should know, if they don't already, Lucille Ball was the first Mrs. Wonderful of the Thalians, which information I found round-about somewhere; I e-mailed Ruta Lee; and she very kindly investigated the same for me for entry into the chonology.  Keep me posted on any further information you find on upcoming and future events.     Should you be lucky enough to go to this event, I'd appreciate your comments....  thanks if you can provide them.... Loving you, JK

Hi Folks:  Thought I'd better find the e-mail Ruta Lee sent to me in response to mine, mentioned to Joey in his Thalian's notice above:  Here it is:

On Monday, April 28, 2014 2:52 PM, Ruta Lee wrote:  [i reoved her e-address for obvious reasons...jk]
"Hi Joyce!
It was Fall of 1974…..Lucy was my dear friend and I asked her to be our Honoree. This fabulous all star event was called “THE LUCILLE BALL”   That night at the Century Plaza was one to remember,  even had an elephant on a revolving stage.  Her daughter, son, Shecky Greene and I re- staged  an “I love Lucy” segment…..oh what sweet memories!!
XXX
Ruta Lee      The Thalians board chair emeritus"

respectfully submitted, JK

Speaking of Ruta, to add to her "I'ts Ruta Lee, the Movie Star!!" cred, she's on TCM's schedule today at 2:30. 2nd billed behind one Peter Breck in a 1963 opus entitled "Hootenany Hoot".  With that title, how could it NOT be a winner?

Well, she just made a great entrance in this flick. LOL Very "Movie Star".

Archived