I Just Saw A Lucy Regular In...

• 4 weeks later...

In The Andy Griffith Show season one episode ten, "Ellie For Council", I SWEAR Hazel is in a crowd scene outside the town hall. I don't see it credited anywhere, but is it possible that she did extra work on other Desilu shows?

Hazel popped up on other Desilu shows during the two seasons Lucy was off television.

• Like 1

Give it a whirl. She's got absolutely no time for Joan's shenanigans.

I will.  Kathryn always makes an impression in the movies she's in.  She always gave distinctly different readings to her lines, making a throwaway part showy and adding a lot to any movie she's in.   

I'm thinking of her line to Thelma Ritter in "Model and Marriage Broker"

"Get outta here..."

and in "The Reckless Moment" as the loan officer the way Card nonchalantly rips Joan Bennett's application in two when the latter has no collateral.  Checking her imdb credits, I want to see her in the episode of "Mr. Adams and Eve" (Howard and Ida) where her character's name is "Madam Estrella".  

Another of my favorite Lucy Show players, Jody Gilbert plays "Sarah Dumbroski", the nagging wife in the Bowery Boys movie "Blonde Dynamite".  No one delivers a withering disapproving side-glance like Jody.  33-year old Jody looks a full 20 years older, and then some.  I had never seen a Bowery Boys movie before and....it's amazing that they were as popular as they were: about 50 films in 20 years under various titles ("Dead End Kids", etc.).  They make Abbott and Costello's comedy look sophisticated by comparison. 

In The Andy Griffith Show season one episode ten, "Ellie For Council", I SWEAR Hazel is in a crowd scene outside the town hall. I don't see it credited anywhere, but is it possible that she did extra work on other Desilu shows?

Makes sense since if memory serves they were both shot on the same lot. :)

Checked IMDb for TAGS, S-1, 10 'Ellie', doesn't list her; but, maybe someone else knows....  good luck finding out.  JK :fabrary:

IMDB is a great resource but since it can be "tweaked" (ahem) like Wikipedia it's accuracy can sometimes be ...suspect.

Also, actors aren't usually credited unless they actually have a line, so if she was just an extra or "background" she wouldn't show up for that particular episode/show/film/etc.  :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

While flipping through channels, I caught ~THE STAR~ on TCT in a low-budget Christmas movie I've deduced to be "Christmas at Cadillac Jack's". The scene I happened upon featured Ms. Lee and Joseph Campanella running over a nativity scene with their car (presumably a Cadillac).

I don't know the film but now I'd like to see it just for this scene and thanks for the "visual"! :peachonthebeach:

• Like 1

How about William Frawley????  Shocked, mid-very-early a.m.; awoke to Going My Way overnight; and saw an UNCREDITED Bill in the role of publisher!!!! 

Another strange:  I had not seen Going My Way since I was very young; certainly, many decades before I started this chronology!!!!  Now, I've another entry!  What FUN!!!!!! 

Just a few years short (1944) of making history!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

On an episode of The Red Skelton Hour, Mary Wickes played Clara Appleby (Viv also had the role at least once). The sketch featured TWO Lucy name-drops! Schiller and Weiskopf were on the writing staff for this one, to boot.

In my 'chronology' travels, have come across several OTHER Lucy-related regulars; will try to research for you. 

Vivian was on at LEAST two, as Clara; maybe more, as I recall; the HOUR was filmed at Desilu Studios for SEVERAL years; so, that would be a good reason for sharing co-stars.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Joi Lansing (and her torpedo rack) in Hillbilly Haunted House. An odd tail of musicians on their way to Nashville who get stuck at a haunted house. It's got it all. Lon Cheney, a man in an ape suit, a spy plot, a song about gowns, a guy named Jeepers, Merle Haggard, and a car decorated with guns.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...