Lucy Clippings- The 1970s

Luvsbway

• 1 month later...

Nice pic, never seen it before. I wonder if this is the party that Robert Stack talked about in his YouTube fan question answer. He mentioned that they threw Lucie and opening night party together and seemed very 'together' the whole night. Apparently Desi slipped up and called her either 'mammy' or 'mummy'. I couldn't hear it clearly enough to know which one. Apparently this was a nickname that he called he when they were married.

I think you mean Robert Osborne. Yes the party he mentions is this opening night party for Lucie in Seesaw. There is a quick pic I have of Lucy and Desi together from this show so I was able to put that together with Bob’s speech and realized it was all the same thing.

The “mama” comment you are referring to he did call her that after the kids were born and apparently kept calling her that. I heard Bob mention this term of endearment from him on a Joan Rivers show from the mid 90s. Once I put these together I noticed it at least once in the show. In Little Ricky Get’s Stage Fright Lucy is backstage putting Little Ricky into his jacket. Ricky says a few thing and then leaves. As he is leaving you hear Desi call her “mama”.

• Like 1

I think you mean Robert Osborne. Yes the party he mentions is this opening night party for Lucie in Seesaw. There is a quick pic I have of Lucy and Desi together from this show so I was able to put that together with Bob’s speech and realized it was all the same thing.

The “mama” comment you are referring to he did call her that after the kids were born and apparently kept calling her that. I heard Bob mention this term of endearment from him on a Joan Rivers show from the mid 90s. Once I put these together I noticed it at least once in the show. In Little Ricky Get’s Stage Fright Lucy is backstage putting Little Ricky into his jacket. Ricky says a few thing and then leaves. As he is leaving you hear Desi call her “mama”.

Great story luv.

• 3 years later...