Recalling Lucille's Passing

Mot Morenzi

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he wrote it down. Sounded more like he made most of it up to me. There's some very, very odd stuff in there. It's also very different to Lee's book and I'm more inclined to trust him. Hehe I wish Gary had written a. Book after she died, that would have really been something.

The thing is there's a difference between what Lucy would say if she was just GOSSIPIN or if she had known it would wind up in a book.  Certainly many Lucy books have been ruined by quotes from disgruntled ex staff who have an ax to grind or faded glory and trying to remember things that happened many decades before.  Knowing that if they give something juicy, they'll wind up in print.

Here it is. She wears this every time. But with a white blouse with a larger bow. Anytime I see pictures of her in this, I get the chills. Even just looking at this. Wow.

lucyball1_zpshcg29nnh.jpg

That's interesting.  I was told she comes around me in a bluish light.  Freaky stuff.

Funny, BLUE was always the best color on her.  Unfortunately most of my dreams are in black and white, which Lotus Bud would prefer but i dun't.

For some reason I remember getting taken aback by Lucy's blue dress when she sang "Hey Look Him Over" for Bob Hope. It's weird that I remember this because I don't really care about clothing. I think the color blue goes best with her hair. On that subject, just what was her performance for? Bob Hope's 113th birthday celebration, 80th annual christmas special, or 5,105th salute to the military?

For some reason I remember getting taken aback by Lucy's blue dress when she sang "Hey Look Him Over" for Bob Hope. It's weird that I remember this because I don't really care about clothing. I think the color blue goes best with her hair. On that subject, just what was her performance for? Bob Hope's 113th birthday celebration, 80th annual christmas special, or 5,105th salute to the military?

She did it twice for Bob at the Kennedy Center, maybe his 70th and then his 75th birthday. Neil sent me a copy of the 70th, she's in yellow for that one and falters on the song, for the 75th, in blue, she sings it perfectly, new words to Hey Look Him Over and wears her own hair.  That's the one i made copies for so many people and transferred so many times that all you saw at the end was a blue blob that had a redhead blob on top, LOL!

Forgive my ignoance.. but why is Lucy in the Afternoon a bad book? I remember liking it and laughing while reading it..course that was 20 yrars ago lol.

It wasn't a bad book per se, just not one i intend to read again, so i sent my copy to Joyce.  It doesn't give us anything new about the great lady but it is well written.  It's just that us OLDER fans want to know what happened to her AFTER her last series ended and Lee Tannen's book gave us a dozen or so years but this one only one year before she passed.  So he played backgammon with her, big deal.  It did have a couple of great stories though that i thoroughly enjoyed.  I think the turn off for many was writing about her right after she passed quoting what she thought she had said in private to him.

Forgive my ignoance.. but why is Lucy in the Afternoon a bad book? I remember liking it and laughing while reading it..course that was 20 yrars ago lol.

I liked it, as well; even though most 'dis' it....Claude very kindly sent me his copy many years ago now....Gonna read it again when I have time....

I liked it, as well; even though most 'dis' it....Claude very kindly sent me his copy many years ago now....Gonna read it again when I have time....

Yeah, i had to ASK Joyce about some stuff in there, i think the layout of the Roxbury house, that's what happens when you give stuff away, you later want to reference it and too bad, it's gone.  Of course i always assumed i'd get another copy somewhere which might still happen.  I found Desi's book for almost nothing a couple years back.

Yeah, i had to ASK Joyce about some stuff in there, i think the layout of the Roxbury house, that's what happens when you give stuff away, you later want to reference it and too bad, it's gone.  Of course i always assumed i'd get another copy somewhere which might still happen.  I found Desi's book for almost nothing a couple years back.

Guess all [who know me] will have a 'last' laugh at this:  when put to work on this 'project' as some call it; 'entries' as arrdubya called it; I got the ONLY COPY (should have entered here:  A Book),  the Center had to gather information from; I still have it!  Getting even; YEH!  that's my game.  Always intended to return it when I had scoured it for dates; when the great fire happened, I seemed to somehow have kept it....!!!!.... :fabrary:

Guess all [who know me] will have a 'last' laugh at this:  when put to work on this 'project' as some call it; 'entries' as arrdubya called it; I got the ONLY COPY the Center had to gather information from; I still have it!  Getting even; YEH!  that's my game.  Always intended to return it when I had scoured it for dates; when the great fire happened, I seemed to somehow have kept it....!!!!.... :fabrary:

Go ahead luv, i'm sure, positive, certain, i WILL find another copy very soon.  Not that i care that much, i have every other book ever written about her, LOL!

Go ahead luv, i'm sure, positive, certain, i WILL find another copy very soon.  Not that i care that much, i have every other book ever written about her, LOL!

I just re-read my too-quick posting; should have said Desi's A Book was the Center's ONLY COPY;  SORRY, if it was unclear; it SURELY was!

I just re-read my too-quick posting; should have said Desi's A Book was the Center's ONLY COPY;  SORRY, if it was unclear; it SURELY was!

That's the thing i find absolutely disgusting about that place, they don't have all her shows,. all the books, all her movies, pitiful, just pitiful.

That's the thing i find absolutely disgusting about that place, they don't have all her shows,. all the books, all her movies, pitiful, just pitiful.

Yeah, that, and the fact they auction off her original stuff but say it's copies...makes you wonder what else is going on, no?  Shady, shady. :lucyeww:

Wow, those are eerie dreams! lol. Do you think Miss Ball really does follow you around?

And Brian, you're a year older than me. I was still in my mommy's belly. She was just going on 8 months pregnant, 2 weeks after she turned 30.

My sister was born maybe 10 days before Desi died. I would've been so distraught had I been 20 in 1989. Funny how exactly 20 years and 1 day later, Bea Arthur passed away.

Wow, those are eerie dreams! lol. Do you think Miss Ball really does follow you around?

And Brian, you're a year older than me. I was still in my mommy's belly. She was just going on 8 months pregnant, 2 weeks after she turned 30.

My sister was born maybe 10 days before Desi died. I would've been so distraught had I been 20 in 1989. Funny how exactly 20 years and 1 day later, Bea Arthur passed away.

For me, I've been told by 2 separate mediums that she does, they described her to a "T".  They had no idea I'm a Lucy fan.  So yep, I do believe she comes around me, especially after Gypsy "saw" her in Jamestown standing behind us in 2013.  Call us crazy, we've heard it before.  lol

Ok (for those of you who don't know.. I have been able to see and hear spirits since I was a small girl, but I didn't do much with it.. Just mainly seeing family around and mainly family know about it.) Yeah, I was told that I had a red headed woman who was like a guide to me.. And the same woman described to Taylor as a guide to her. I saw what I swear was Lucy standing behind us at the Jamestown train station, saw her feet up to her chest. It was see through, the blue polka dot dress, and it was blowing in the breeze. - what I get from seeing her and sensing her around, she cares deeply for those who are keeping her life and photos alive.

Ok (for those of you who don't know.. I have been able to see and hear spirits since I was a small girl, but I didn't do much with it.. Just mainly seeing family around and mainly family know about it.) Yeah, I was told that I had a red headed woman who was like a guide to me.. And the same woman described to Taylor as a guide to her. I saw what I swear was Lucy standing behind us at the Jamestown train station, saw her feet up to her chest. It was see through, the blue polka dot dress, and it was blowing in the breeze. - what I get from seeing her and sensing her around, she cares deeply for those who are keeping her life and photos alive.

Yeah, and she can definitely tell who's not being sincere and who are the real deals in terms of fans and admirers.  I think she would like it if a true fan were running the Center and handling the legacy aspect.

Yeah, and she can definitely tell who's not being sincere and who are the real deals in terms of fans and admirers.  I think she would like it if a true fan were running the Center and handling the legacy aspect.

Does that mean she's haunting a certain former Center president?

Archived