Jamestown 2007

A.) Love these memories

B.) Love how intense we all are playing the TLS Board Game. :marionstrong:

C.) Love when Tom, Richard, and Dann joined the party and Dann suggested we light the candles.

D.) Why the hell don't I have a mustache in these? I don't remember having an Amish period...:blink:

That was such a fun weekend. Thanks for rekindling the memories. We have to do it again soon!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I started on the old boils email list in 1995 and went to my first Lucy event in Jamestown in 1996. I think our paths first crossed on that mailing list.

Yep! I started on the list in '97 attending my first event in Jamestown in 2000 with Carol "Put On Your Sunday Clothes" Channing.

Love how intense we all are playing the TLS Board Game. :marionstrong:

Oh so THAT's what you're playing.  Of all the Lucy Show memorabilia, the TLS board game is not something I ever seen in person other than the box itself.

What is the premise of the game?  Is the winner the person who can get the most advance on their allowance? 

I think we could come up with a game that depicts the entire run of The Lucy Show   For instance, cards that says "move to California, lose dependents", "your guest star is Mel Torme: go back 10 places" "Hire Milt Josefsburg: lose a turn".  And halfway through the game, if you're moving with the Viv piece, you sit out the last half.

• Like 3

Oh so THAT's what you're playing.  Of all the Lucy Show memorabilia, the TLS board game is not something I ever seen in person other than the box itself.

What is the premise of the game?  Is the winner the person who can get the most advance on their allowance? 

I think we could come up with a game that depicts the entire run of The Lucy Show   For instance, cards that says "move to California, lose dependents", "your guest star is Mel Torme: go back 10 places" "Hire Milt Josefsburg: lose a turn".  And halfway through the game, if you're moving with the Viv piece, you sit out the last half.

:hlLOL: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The basic premise of the game is you have to get Lucy and Viv to a sale, and other obstacles including a car repair. Your premise is much more exciting.

:hlLOL: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The basic premise of the game is you have to get Lucy and Viv to a sale, and other obstacles including a car repair. Your premise is much more exciting.

I remember my grandparents would take me on the occasional antique hunting trip and I would always glance around in the game section looking for TLS Board Game.

:HALKING:

Oh, we are SO creating that game!

If you're unlucky enough to draw a "Blondell Flush" card, you're banned from playing the rest of the game. And the "Crawford Charleston" card forces you to replay your last 5 moves until you get the bench anyways.

I'll leave the actual full game premise up to the intricate thinkers, but a few suggestions:

I think part of  the game should involve some sort of physical activity.   You draw a " Pantomime Card" and you must do one action that represents something that happened in one or possibly two different episodes (which are given to you on the card).   First card: "Mooney the Monkey" and "Electric Mattress".--which you walk on stilts dressed in a gorilla costume.  (Some game accessories require additional purchases.)

If you travel the board using the Mary jane piece, you must wait on Lucy's living room step until the Lucy piece makes it around the board, before you can join the game.

What I do remember about this game was that on the box was that standard Lucy glamor shot from the early 60s----so made-up, but seemingly not retouched, that it only slightly resembled her.

I'll leave the actual full game premise up to the intricate thinkers, but a few suggestions:

I think part of  the game should involve some sort of physical activity.   You draw a " Pantomime Card" and you must do one action that represents something that happened in one or possibly two different episodes (which are given to you on the card).   First card: "Mooney the Monkey" and "Electric Mattress".--which you walk on stilts dressed in a gorilla costume.  (Some game accessories require additional purchases.)

If you travel the board using the Mary jane piece, you must wait on Lucy's living room step until the Lucy piece makes it around the board, before you can join the game.

What I do remember about this game was that on the box was that standard Lucy glamor shot from the early 60s----so made-up, but seemingly not retouched, that it only slightly resembled her.

Love it! I think for the Jerry cards, there needs to be one "Jimmy" card that's wild.

• Like 1

A.) Love these memories

B.) Love how intense we all are playing the TLS Board Game. :marionstrong:

C.) Love when Tom, Richard, and Dann joined the party and Dann suggested we light the candles.

D.) Why the hell don't I have a mustache in these? I don't remember having an Amish period... :blink:

That was such a fun weekend. Thanks for rekindling the memories. We have to do it again soon!!!

THIS TIME:  I WANT to be included....PLEASE!!!