Sign in to follow this  
Mot Morenzi

The Fashion Show

Mot Morenzi    1,489

This has got to be one of the most quotable Ethel episodes ever. The scene in the salon gives her more funny lines than any other one scene in the entire series, I do believe. Viv matches Lucy line for line and doesn't miss a beat. Her flustered "Ohh Mr. Loper!" never fails to elicit a laugh.

• Like 2

Mot Morenzi    1,489

Just nonstop laugh lines and sight gags all the way through. The show really was at its peak by that point. And Vivian was getting more and more to do as the writers saw her potential.

• Like 1

Freddie2    841

I'm gonna have to rewatch this one. I remember the first scene at "Don Lopper's" (as Ricky would say) being very funny, but in my mind the fashion show itself is very dragged out. Maybe it's not as long as I remember.

JoeySoCal    1,008

We've probably done this before but I can't remember...we should pick a fave episode at random and grill it like a cheese sandwich --er, dissect it, yeah that's it, quoting favorite lines (such as in previous posts in this thread), share what we love (and perhaps don't love/suggest what might have worked better or at minimum, differently) etc. etc.

Partly because of my curious nature, I just find it fascinating what other people think "works", why they like (or don't) it so much, what their "take" on it is, etc.

Or is this just another dumb idea?? :blink:

C L A U D E    2,006

I LIKE THIS ONE, ALSO . . .

One of my all time faves also, glad many of us picked it as our choice for next colorization choice for next Christmas.

Neil    1,341

And don't forget "whatdya PAW through?"  Is that the line?

"Well, that was a subtle performance!"

The Fashion Show and Ricky Needs an Agent are the episodes that make me laugh the most.