World's Greatest Grandma

It's a great shame this episode never aired. It should have. Perhaps it's a bit overly sentimental, but considering it was the final sitcom episode Lucille Ball was ever to shoot, it has every right to be.

It's been a while since I've seen it, but I remember being deeply touched. Her spoken rendition of "Sunrise, Sunset" had a subtext that was rather hard to contemplate. However, her very last line summed up her life and career completely: "Boy, am I a winner!"

She may not have won with this show, but yes...she was a winner :)

• Like 2

It's a great shame this episode never aired. It should have. Perhaps it's a bit overly sentimental, but considering it was the final sitcom episode Lucille Ball was ever to shoot, it has every right to be.

It's been a while since I've seen it, but I remember being deeply touched. Her spoken rendition of "Sunrise, Sunset" had a subtext that was rather hard to contemplate. However, her very last line summed up her life and career completely: "Boy, am I a winner!"

She may not have won with this show, but yes...she was a winner :)

Now you've made me anxious to find it and play it.

That last shot of everyone hugging is so sentimental. It's a shame that right after that Gary had to tell her about the call. It's also a shame that the last joke ever in a Lucy show was Gale's line about the 90 year-old grandmother who played "Do You Think I'm Sexy" on the bagpipes.