Statue of Lucy in Jamestown

Yeah, we were not impressed with this thing either when we saw it a couple years ago.  The eyes are what gives me the creeps.  But why are they bitching about it now?  It's been up for a few years.  They should've said something earlier, like before the dang thing was commissioned.  I hope the artist kept his day job.

Yeah, we were not impressed with this thing either when we saw it a couple years ago.  The eyes are what gives me the creeps.  But why are they bitching about it now?  It's been up for a few years.  They should've said something earlier, like before the dang thing was commissioned.  I hope the artist kept his day job.

I look at it and i think oh yeah, I Love Lucy.  However, it's the one where Bea Benedaret played that old lady who wanted to date Mr Ritter.  Doesn't look like Lucy at all and it SHOULD be removed.  The statue of Lucy at the Emmy plaza is more like it.

• Like 1

Considering the statue isn't technically in Jamestown, the "People of Jamestown" should mind their own damn business! :lucythrill:

(Maybe if they could just re-work the head. The statue is fine from the neck down)

WE, here in Celoron, well, even THAT is wrong; I'm in Lakewood now for 5 years; are getting much press coverage, today's, Post-Journal - will post as soon as I get 'roun toit'! 

People HAVE been saying 'UGH!' since it was unveiled; Poulin, the sculptor, is being - shall we say: - hesitant to fix, according to today's Post-Journal - wants mucho $$ to do so - Celoron is a poor Village - I shall post what is contained in the article later this morning  [if I were commenting, and I'm not - I'd say the people who originally PAID him to sculpt the thing would have told him IXNAY when they viewed it before the unveiling - perhaps they didn't; that's the PITY!!!!]

One of the all time BEST episodes they ever did.  Marie's famous . . . OMG I'M A LESBIAN!

HERE'S WHAT'S FUNNY - WE, HERE  IN JAMESTOWN, ACTUALLY HAVE A MARIE BARONE!!!!  SHE'S DAUGHTER OF ONE OF OUR INFAMOUS BOWLING ESTABLISHMENT OWNER'S OF MANY YEARS GONE BY; AND I BELIEVE SHE HAS - ER, GONE BY, THAT IS, AS WELL AS HER FATHER!!  About her vagina, I can't comment.... :HALKING:  ;)  ^_^  :fabrary:

Additionally, have never watched EVEN ONE EPISODE of H.R.!!!! 

People HAVE been saying 'UGH!' since it was unveiled; Poulin, the sculptor, is being - shall we say: - hesitant to fix, according to today's Post-Journal - wants mucho $$ to do so - Celoron is a poor Village - I shall post what is contained in the article later this morning  [if I were commenting, and I'm not - I'd say the people who originally PAID him to sculpt the thing would have told him IXNAY when they viewed it before the unveiling - perhaps they didn't; that's the PITY!!!!]

Maybe we can take up a collection to redo that horrible piece of work?

A) This statue is infinitely better than the one that was there before. Let's at least be thankful for that!

B) I feel awful for the poor artist. I'm with Taylor: why all this hullabaloo now?

BECAUSE IT LOOKS AWFUL, DOESN'T LOOK LIKE LUCY AT ALL.  I agree with you about the artist though, i feel for the person but somebody should have checked while he was doing it and stopped him or her from using Bea as a model instead of Lucy.  LOL!

Thanks for posting the YAHOO article; I was going to, as well;  Before 7:00 a.m. EDT TODAY, there were 3000 replies(!!!!!!) after only an 11 hour posting on Yahoo! 

Apparently, if you read the article on Yahoo, you will ALSO see that FACEBOOK also has a page dedicated to the exact same subject matter - Celoron makes news . . . . . AGAIN!!!!

The wooden statue may not have been the best looking thing but come on, it was done using a chainsaw! I completely disagree, would rather see the wood one any day over that short, fugly bronze POS. I love how it's taken 5 years for people to really speak up on how ugly that damn thing is, but I guess it's better than never. The mayor said tax payers aren't going to pay for a replacement so maybe a gofundme page should be started. If bigots can raise a 100 thousand for a stupid Pizza joint in Indiana because of "religious freedom" then $10K is be easily achievable for Lucy.

Whatever happens, if a new one get created, hoping the artists draws inspiration from the statues in Palm Springs and Hollywood. Those do our Lucy justice!

Oh, if anyone wants to see the wood statue again, it's in my parent's front yard in Warren, OH. My dad completely restored and painted it and it looks ten times better than the original!