Statue of Lucy in Jamestown

But if you hear what he's saying now, he sounds humble and knows that he did not do her justice which is certainly nice of him.

Yeah I agree but there's still something hinky about all this, like why he wasn't happy with it but let them cast it anyway, and more than anything, why it took not days, weeks or months but YEARS for folks to get all bent outta shape about it! WTF??? :peachonthebeach:

Today's bruhahahahahaha - note, especially, the Editorial - hope someone gets on them about that, too.  JK :fabrary:  [Each article is shortened by me for content.]

The Post-Journal Jamestown, NY – A 'Most Unsettling Sculpture' – Celoron Mayor Announced Fundraising Campaign To 'Alter' Lucy Statue, by Gavin Paterniti - “The nearly unrecognizeable Lucy statue that resides in the Village of Celoron's Lucille Ball Memorial Park, will soon be getting a facelift. The original sculptor, in the meantime, has offered to fix it without charge, and does not want it modified by another artist. In a press conference yesterday, the Mayor offered his own 'solution,' which does not include the services of the original sculptor, who in recent past years has put a high price tag on the repair of his own work, until the web-world, a two-year old continuing Facebook page, and local and national news agencies became involved the past several days, causing much havoc among Lucy fans, demanding something be done to more attractively display Lucy,” published for this date in 2015.

The Post-Journal Jamestown, NY – Editorial Page – Lucille Ball Statue Makes National News - “A bronze statue sat quietly in Lucille Ball Memorial Park for five years;” a statue not resembling Lucille Ball, as its sculptor had been commissioned to create; “amidst much controversy, which has recently gone viral over Facebook, Yahoo, CNN, HLN, ABC News, WKBW/Buffalo News, and other news broadcasts and websites around the globe, the sculptor has offered to correct the innacuracy of non-resemblance to Lucy”. The Village of Celoron Mayor has, instead, set up a fundraising effort to have another artist re-create Lucy for her Memorial Park, ignoring the original sculptor's offer. “Either way, it's long past time for this manufactured controversy to come to an end. There are more pressing local concerns deserving of area residents' and elected officials' attention,” published for this date in 2015.

Here's a funny: (on me!) have kept my Celoron Post Office Box, since I lived there 20.5 years before moving to Lakewood when my building fell down in 2010; [didn't want to go through all that changing of addresses, etc; and after 5 years, I get mail in Lakewood, too; but, at my residence;] went there yesterday to pick up junk mail and had my Lucille Ball sweatshirt on (thank God I had a shirt wrap on over it); because, on the way out, there stood a man from 'Inside Edition' stopping folks coming in and out, looking for comments - I just said:  'I have plenty to say; but, I don't want to be on t.v.' and got in my car and beat it the heck out of there.  I knew if I'd spoken to him, I'd have revealed my sweatshirt; chronology, and other things; and for sure he would have assumed me a 'PLANT'!!!!   [almost wet myself, laughing that it could only have happened to Lucy......through me....]; some days, I think I'm becoming her!!!!  JK :HALKING: 

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere on the Lounge, but has anyone seen this video (http://www.krcrtv.com/programming/entertainment/lucy-statue-creeps-out-hometown/32227572) and/or read the Center's statement on it (http://www.lucy-desi.com/statement-lucille-ball-statue-celoron-ny/)?

Lucy would love it?  Yeah, sure she would.  If it made them laugh she might but this scares the beejesus out of all who see it, well, except for you, genius!  When are they going to let a REAL Lucy fan run that place?

Lucy would love it?  Yeah, sure she would.  If it made them laugh she might but this scares the beejesus out of all who see it, well, except for you, genius!  When are they going to let a REAL Lucy fan run that place?

Actually, a Lucy fan has run the place before.  That's not to say that one shouldn't run it again; HOWEVER the Lucy fan needs to have a background (specifically education and experience) in management and/or running a non-profit.

Actually, a Lucy fan has run the place before.  That's not to say that one shouldn't run it again; HOWEVER the Lucy fan needs to have a background (specifically education and experience) in management and/or running a non-profit.

How about experience in celebrating Lucy?  Maybe not so much a comedy festival, but a Museum where anything available on Lucy would be on sale there, that would be a nice start.

Lack of a swelled head AND sticky fingers should maybe be prerequisites from here on out, too! :vanda:

• Like 2

And it still goes on, from today's blogs . . . . . . . there's supposedly a kickstarter campaign to get 20 thousand dollars to fix the problem.  Chris Hardwick wants that eyesore moved to the studio where it all began, his new show happens to be filmed there, so he thinks it would please Lucy's ghost wandering the halls, LOL!