Statue of Lucy in Jamestown

Just read half of the 400 replies or comments by people after looking at that horror.  My favorites so far . . . Lucille Ball?  I thought it was Lou Rawls.  The artist has watched too much Walking Dead.  Dave Poulin has some SPLAININ to do.  All of them say that it looks nothing like her, could not find one positive one.  One wrote, never thought everybody would agree on something, for once.  And many thought it was of a man, one said it's a two for one, Head of Desi, body of Lucy.  One said, Lucy, not Busey.  And my own comment . . . LOOKS LIKE IT WAS PUT ON HOT AND RAN!

You are being too kind, as USUAL!!!!  Especially calling it 'art'....

A blind man could have done better!  He's getting so much negative notoriety now, he needs to 'step up' and fix it, FOC; if, in fact, he hasn't gone into hiding!  Which is what, I hope, happens to Burnett, also!!!

• Like 1

I'm really wondering why EVERYONE isn't as pissed as I am that she comes this 'close' to Jamestown (and there is always the possibility she doesn't know); but, why in hell doesn't someone who knows her TELL HER!  Lucie A. for instance!  Supposedly, the two of them are 'tight' -

I'm really wondering why EVERYONE isn't as pissed as I am that she comes this 'close' to Jamestown (and there is always the possibility she doesn't know); but, why in hell doesn't someone who knows her TELL HER!  Lucie A. for instance!  Supposedly, the two of them are 'tight' -

About the statue or about Carol B. coming to Jamestown?  Lucie probably wouldn't care anyway.  Look at what the Center has done to her mother's legacy and she hasn't said anything.  I don't know why she'd concern herself with a zombie statue lol.

• Like 1

Carol Burnett knows about the Center and has been approached in the past about appearing for a festival. I am sure she is aware of her proximity to the Center and maybe she will drop in to visit as a private citizen.

Was posting something about that damned grotesque supposed tribute to Miss Ball and sure enough, my local newscast had a feature on it, saying everything we're saying here and what everybody in the world is saying on the net.  Hey, anything that keeps Lucy in the public eye is ok by me, however, wish it were about something else that that horrible statue. 

About the statue or about Carol B. coming to Jamestown?  Lucie probably wouldn't care anyway.  Look at what the Center has done to her mother's legacy and she hasn't said anything.  I don't know why she'd concern herself with a zombie statue lol.

Talking about Burnett coming to Chautauqua County [within 20 miles, etc]  And NOT honoring Lucille Ball with her presence; not to mention, her EVERYTHINj' in honor Lucy!!!! - It's as though she is snubbing her nose at Lucy!  That, in my mind, is disrespect to someone who treated her with respect for years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talking about Burnett coming to Chautauqua County [within 20 miles, etc]  And NOT honoring Lucille Ball with her presence; not to mention, her EVERYTHINj' in honor Lucy!!!! - It's as though she is snubbing her nose at Lucy!  That, in my mind, is disrespect to someone who treated her with respect for years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that is weird.  Also, why hasn't Betty White dropped by Jamestown either?

It is odd that Bets hasn't done anything but I doubt if she will at this point. It sounds like she's slowing down (as she should).

But what is this about Lucie not acknowledging the center?!!?! I thought she performed there at one point.

Lucie has been to Jamestown several times.  But you'd think she or her brother would care to know how the Center is handling their parents' legacy and maybe keep closer tabs on them. Auctioning off your mother's personal items and original outfits to the highest bidder -- stuff that I understand was not owned by the museum but lent to them by donors -- would certainly piss me off, but that's just me.  And that's just the stuff that's come out already, what else are they doing behind closed doors that we don't know about. Hmmmm??

• Like 1

Lucie has been to Jamestown several times.  But you'd think she or her brother would care to know how the Center is handling their parents' legacy and maybe keep closer tabs on them. Auctioning off your mother's personal items and original outfits to the highest bidder -- stuff that I understand was not owned by the museum but lent to them by donors -- would certainly piss me off, but that's just me.  fAnd that's just the stuff that's come out already, what else are they doing behind closed doors that we don't know about. Hmmmm??

For as involved as Lucie is, I think she can't be involved with everything at the museum. She does have her own life and she's done a lot more for her parents' legacy than most kids.

For as involved as Lucie is, I think she can't be involved with everything at the museum. She does have her own life and she's done a lot more for her parents' legacy than most kids.

This is true, but knowing the museum's recent history as of late, I would be keeping an eye on them if I were her.  Like I said, there's probably more nefarious business going on behind the scenes that hasn't yet come to light.  She has her own life I understand, and her own career, but she could honor her parents more by protecting their legacy from people who don't really have their best interests in mind.  After all, without her mother Lucie wouldn't have gotten her start in showbiz.  

The Post-Journal: [Front page - 4 columns, 1/4 page under the banner] [paraphrased for important content only by me...jk]  For The Love Of Lucy - Thousands Seek Fix For Statue In Celoron; Mayor To Hold Press Conference Today - 'Lucille Ball was a very beautiful woman and deserves a statue more befitting her appearance.' by Gavin Paterniti - "Celoron - The question of whether millions of people still love Lucy has never been in doubt, even nearly 26 years after her death.  Most recently, this sentiment has been evidenced by the national and global attention that has centered squarely on a lone bronze sculpture of the late comedian, located in the village of Celoron's Lucille Ball Memorial Park.  Since its installation in August 2009, the statue has borne the brunt of much criticism from area residents and tourists alike for its apparent lack of resemblance to Ball.  Now, the statue has drawn the ire of the Lucy faithful worldwide due, in large part, to an online Facebook movement asking that the statue be removed.  The Facebook group, operating under the name 'We Love Lucy!  Get Rid of this Statue,' created more than two years ago by an anonymous facebook user; but, has gone viral in the past week.  The site membership has gone up from 150 to nearly 8000 in mere days and a clear sign the statue does not do justice to its namesake,"  [.....Gunderson is saying 'the center is keeping an open mind about the future of the Celoron Statue.']  [....Celoron's Mayor states he has had at least four conversations with the artist over the past couple of years.]   [The Mayor of Celoron is holding a news conference this morning at the Village Hall, with what he says if 'his resolution to this problem.']  article published for this date in 2015.