The Jamestown statue in the spotlight once more

rickee

For once, I MUST defend Jamestown residents; who, probably most never saw the statue in first place, Taylor; it was the WORLD who rejected the thing! Remember how long she stood there before the brouhaha (don't know to spell this...)

I feel Dave is in FAR MORE PAIN from 'hanging up his tools'........

:HALKING::fabrary:

The fact it was standing there for so long and no one had an issue until someone from outside bitched about it is what puzzles me. As soon as it started getting media attention, the residents all of a sudden had a problem too. Very hypocritical and shallow I think.

• Like 1

The fact it was standing there for so long and no one had an issue until someone from outside bitched about it is what puzzles me. As soon as it started getting media attention, the residents all of a sudden had a problem too. Very hypocritical and shallow I think.

Shall I take that as your opinion of ME:  a life-long CELORON-raised resident; and life-long area resident?  If so:  thank you, I needed that! :(  Or....could you perhaps, on the other hand, realize most locals had never returned to the SITE itself and even knew there was a statue there?  Makes a difference, eh???? :fabrary:

OH, one more thing from up above:  No-one knew about Dave until the OUTSIDER fans drew attention to him; blame yourselves, outsiders; you cost a man his humiliation!!!! 

Shall I take that as your opinion of ME: a life-long CELORON-raised resident; and life-long area resident? If so: thank you, I needed that! :( Or....could you perhaps, on the other hand, realize most locals had never returned to the SITE itself and even knew there was a statue there? Makes a difference, eh???? :fabrary:

OH, one more thing from up above: No-one knew about Dave until the OUTSIDER fans drew attention to him; blame yourselves, outsiders; you cost a man his humiliation!!!!

No, Joyce, I don't think you are hypocritical or shallow. Not all residents made a fuss about it. I was speaking of the ones that did and the rabid fans who were throwing a lot of hate Dave's way. I wasn't addressing you personally. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
  • Like 1

Why is it that relatives of deceased celebrities are often so touchy and defensive about things that the celebrities themselves would either laugh off or enjoy themselves? I, for one, think that's a great mural.

• Like 1

Why is it that relatives of deceased celebrities are often so touchy and defensive about things that the celebrities themselves would either laugh off or enjoy themselves? I, for one, think that's a great mural.

Exactly! Besides, what artistic rendering -- especially a painted one-- is going to look like a "picture perfect" image of the subject?? Moreover, why should it?? If that's what you wanted, why not have just taken a photo and blown it up to the requisite size in the first place?? :blink:

• Like 1