The I Love Lucy Superstar Special -- Sunday, May 17 on CBS!

Desiluforever

Awesome! This one should've been fairly easy to colorize as Superman's colors are red, yellow and blue.

Can't wait! I wish they'd run it for the full 25 minutes though. Who knows what's going to be cut out?

CBS will probably run it all without commercials, they are just fans of Lucy and are not in it for the money or anything. :gary:

Heard the news this morning but was too busy to post until now- Hooray! I'm glad they went with Superman. I'd expect the next one to be Vitameata, but thankfully they're smart enough to know that that episode doesn't have too much going for it as far as color goes. I'd hope for Tango next, only to see that damn beautiful country house in color. Just think- there are FIVE colorized episodes of Lucy out as we speak. Suck it, Honeymooners.

Heard the news this morning but was too busy to post until now- Hooray! I'm glad they went with Superman. I'd expect the next one to be Vitameata, but thankfully they're smart enough to know that that episode doesn't have too much going for it as far as color goes. I'd hope for Tango next, only to see that damn beautiful country house in color. Just think- there are FIVE colorized episodes of Lucy out as we speak. Suck it, Honeymooners.

O M G i never even thought of that, seeing that beautiful country house in color, after all this time.

• Like 1

TJW:

Do you know if "The "I Love Lucy" Superstar Special" will be commercially available/released on DVD and/or Blu-ray? Please advise. Thanking you in advance, for your time and patience, and for taking the time out of your busy schedule to read this.

TJW:

Do you know if "The "I Love Lucy" Superstar Special" will be commercially available/released on DVD and/or Blu-ray? Please advise. Thanking you in advance, for your time and patience, and for taking the time out of your busy schedule to read this.

At this moment, there are no plans to release the shows on DVD or Blu-ray. That said, I would not be surprised if the two episodes were to be included on some sort of special release sometime later in the year.  It's just all too new. No plans have been made -- but probably will be!

They've been putting too much Henna in her rinse.

Isn't it because some of the Holden episode was done years ago for some special occasion and that's why the colors aren't perfect?  If it's anything like Job Switching, i'm sure it will look just terrific and much better than the color process that existed years ago.  Like when that Christmas special was first colorized decades ago.

TJW:

Thank you for all the information you've been providing. I just had a few questions, that hopefully you'd be able to answer.

1.) I was just wondering if the Superman episode that Ricky and Little Ricky are watching at the beginning of the episode will be colorized.

2.) In "LA at Last," will the corset of the Ricardo's Beverly Palm's Hotel Suite, reflect the colors of the set I posted above, and will the view from the balcony/terrace be colorized, too?

• Like 1

TJW:

Thank you for all the information you've been providing. I just had a few questions, that hopefully you'd be able to answer.

1.) I was just wondering if the Superman episode that Ricky and Little Ricky are watching at the beginning of the episode will be colorized.

2.) In "LA at Last," will the corset of the Ricardo's Beverly Palm's Hotel Suite, reflect the colors of the set I posted above, and will the view from the balcony/terrace be colorized, too?

Yes yes no yes no no and yes! :lucythrill:

• Like 1