The I Love Lucy Superstar Special -- Sunday, May 17 on CBS!

Desiluforever

Absolutely great. I found myself laughing at the episodes, something that I haven't done in a long while. The colorization doesn't take me out of the episode one bit, and I'm sure it's even less so with people who aren't hardcore fans. The missing dialogue made me jump out of my seat. I'm extending huge thanks and admiration to Tom and the whole team. You guys did it again!

• Like 1

I always thought that the celeb pictures at the Brown Derby were painted tiles of frosted glass that acted as windows. The colorization added that extra depth that snapped my mind into seeing they were just pictures on the wall. I've been watching this one since before I was two years old, so I guess my mind had to be shown the truth to really see it.

This was a super special with super color. I really enjoyed watching this special. Just amazing that a 1950's black and white show can be colorized. The two shows look like they are brand new. Amazing what the color can do. The color makes the shows come alive. Thanks to all involved with making this special possible. Your work is the best. Now if we can get the two new color shows on dvd or blu ray soon I hope. I want to see the missing parts that had to be removed for more commercial time in color. I hope a dvd or blu ray release is in the near future. Once again thanks to all involved with the special. Just amazing. Thank you.

• Like 1

The colourization is getting so much better.

I agree!  I'm very pleased with the way this turned out.  That Hollywood suite looked fantastic!  And Fred's shirt!  :)

This was a super special with super color. I really enjoyed watching this special. Just amazing that a 1950's black and white show can be colorized. The two shows look like they are brand new. Amazing what the color can do. The color makes the shows come alive. Thanks to all involved with making this special possible. Your work is the best. Now if we can get the two new color shows on dvd or blu ray soon I hope. I want to see the missing parts that had to be removed for more commercial time in color. I hope a dvd or blu ray release is in the near future. Once again thanks to all involved with the special. Just amazing. Thank you.

I was laughing at "L.A. at Last!" like I had never seen it before.  Seeing this show in color made me feel like I was watching something completely new.  Loved it!

Seeing it in color is like seeing it all over again, only there's so many details it's almost too much to take in. 

A wonderful job done all around, it's exciting to see where this is all going! btw I cheered at the end when it showed our guys names at the end! What treasure!!

I always marvel at the precision of Lucy and Bill H. going head to head at The Derby.

So do I.  No anticipation or hesitation.  How can anyone time it that precisely and deftly to stop, going full speed, at exactly the right spot??  ONLY our gal. 

I know they had to cut something and I don't mind missing Fred's Derby Salad joke, but the haggling about who was born closer to Saturday is classic Lucy logic.  Carolyn: Thursday is just as close to Saturday as Monday.  Lucy: Monday is just part of the weekend, but Thursday....it's Thursday....Friday...Saturday...." or something like that.

For people like all of us who have gone from just sitting back and enjoying an episode to scrutinizing every minute detail of each scene, the colour really helps pick out things that would otherwise go unnoticed. For instance, when the trio walk into The Derby, I hadn't noticed that Eve Arden isn't already sitting in her booth and only appears to be settling in after Gus walks off with the menus after taking their orders.

Kind of a shame so much had to be cut, considering.  CBS couldn't have made an "exception" and either aired this without or at a minimum with very limited commercial interruptions? Plus they only had to run the end credits once, that must have shave a few seconds off the airtime, not to mention the LA at Last opening where you see them drive into the parking lot of the hotel. 

I guess what with current half-hours having nearly 10 minutes of non-show "filler" (ads, promos, etc.), it would have been too much to ask for the network to air this without all the "trims" for time.  Pity. :lucyhorror:

I don't think you used the word "color" as often as you could've.

I loved the colors that were used for the Hollywood set. I'm glad the "Julius Cesar" line was included even though I didn't expect it. I was so hoping that clip of Lucy trying out disguises was found but........oh well.  :lucyhmm:

The thing that through me off was the red dress Lucy wore in the Superman episode. I really thought it was going to be gray. But only a minor thing. Plus, isn't the blue dress Ethel wore the same purple one in the Xmas episode?  :lucyeww: