The I Love Lucy Superstar Special -- Sunday, May 17 on CBS!

Desiluforever

How were the ratings? Good enuf to create more prime specials?

http://www.lucylounge.com/index.php?/topic/3443-i-love-lucy-superstar-special-overnight-ratings/

Ranking of Sunday night network broadcast programs by total viewers

1) Billboard Music Awards 11.10 million viewers

2) 60 Minutes 8.70 million viewers

3) I Love Lucy 6.41 million viewers

4) America's Funniest Home Videos 6.40 million viewers

5) Dateline NBC 5.74 million viewers

6) Battle Creek (10:00 PM) 5.29 million viewers

7) Battle Creek (9:00 PM) 5.10 million viewers

8) A.D.: The Bible Continues 4.85 million viewers

9) The Family Guy 2.89 million viewers

10) The Simpsons (8:00 PM) 2.79 million viewers

11) American Odyssey 2.67 million viewers

12) Bob's Burgers (9.30 PM) 2.42 million viewers

13) Brooklyn Nine-Nine 2.30 million viewers

14) Bob's Burgers (7:30 PM) 1.93 million viewers

15) The Simpsons (7.00 PM) 1.54 million viewers

http://www.lucylounge.com/index.php?/topic/3443-i-love-lucy-superstar-special-overnight-ratings/

Ranking of Sunday night network broadcast programs by total viewers

1) Billboard Music Awards 11.10 million viewers

2) 60 Minutes 8.70 million viewers

3) I Love Lucy 6.41 million viewers

4) America's Funniest Home Videos 6.40 million viewers

5) Dateline NBC 5.74 million viewers

6) Battle Creek (10:00 PM) 5.29 million viewers

7) Battle Creek (9:00 PM) 5.10 million viewers

8) A.D.: The Bible Continues 4.85 million viewers

9) The Family Guy 2.89 million viewers

10) The Simpsons (8:00 PM) 2.79 million viewers

11) American Odyssey 2.67 million viewers

12) Bob's Burgers (9.30 PM) 2.42 million viewers

13) Brooklyn Nine-Nine 2.30 million viewers

14) Bob's Burgers (7:30 PM) 1.93 million viewers

15) The Simpsons (7.00 PM) 1.54 million viewers

Geez, she even beat The Bible!

How were the ratings? Good enuf to create more prime specials?

I'm so happy it did well, now let's hope they put it out on DVD soon.  Loved every minute of it and as much as i hate to do this, i will admit here that i am getting a mite tired of some of the shows after all these decades so seeing them in color was absolutely a thrill and brought out yet another little something that makes it the very best series of all time.  I'm not preaching about the color, just the fact that there's something different about these shows.  Is it just me or was there something wrong with the color on her lips, like the contour was black instead of red?  Anyway, the REST of it was absolutely stunning and i want all the shows this way, maybe a new colorized special every year with a couple of episodes, just finish the series before i die.  

Last night Seth Meyers talked about the ratings success of the colorized I Love Lucy for CBS. He did a bit on how NBC will soon be re-airing their old hit shows in new ways. These included Back and White Seinfeld, Blurry Cheers, Friends dubbed in Middle School Spanish, Slow Motion Suddenly Susan, Backwards Baywatch, and The Cosby Show with Bill Cosby Edited Out.

• Like 3

11268127_10153248040199898_733345670_n.j

lovelucyb-4.jpg

10409035_10205689563372365_2122457449341

11329781_10205689565132409_8251383843505

f1ba9889-66d9-4bb8-ac46-6d36f7d64f7d.jpg

Unless this is a different color dress on the comic book cover, I heard that the dress she wore in these two screenshots from "Lucy and Superman" was gray, real life. She's even wearing what seems to be the same bracelet or wristwatch, in all of the photos. So, either she had a variation of the same dress in two different colors, or maybe the people behind the colorization thought that it was gray, when it wasn't. The comic book cover looks like it was taken from an actual color picture, shot on color film. It doesn't look colorized. From what I know, all of the original "I Love Lucy" comics had original color "I Love Lucy" photos on the cover.  I'm not saying the color of the dress she wore in "Lucy and Superman" wasn't gray, it wasn't until I came across this "I Love Lucy" Comic Book photo, which made me think/wonder.  I wonder if this comic photo was used for color reference material. Thoughts?

I'm so happy it did well, now let's hope they put it out on DVD soon.  Loved every minute of it and as much as i hate to do this, i will admit here that i am getting a mite tired of some of the shows after all these decades so seeing them in color was absolutely a thrill and brought out yet another little something that makes it the very best series of all time.  I'm not preaching about the color, just the fact that there's something different about these shows.  Is it just me or was there something wrong with the color on her lips, like the contour was black instead of red?  Anyway, the REST of it was absolutely stunning and i want all the shows this way, maybe a new colorized special every year with a couple of episodes, just finish the series before i die.  

I agree I hope we get it on DVD soon. CBS please release the two new color I Love Lucy shows on DVD or Blu ray. I want to see the shows complete in color.

Last night Seth Meyers talked about the ratings success of the colorized I Love Lucy for CBS. He did a bit on how NBC will soon be re-airing their old hit shows in new ways. These included Back and White Seinfeld, Blurry Cheers, Friends dubbed in Middle School Spanish, Slow Motion Suddenly Susan, Backwards Baywatch, and The Cosby Show with Bill Cosby Edited Out.

I especially like the idea of the last one! :HALKING:

I agree I hope we get it on DVD soon. CBS please release the two new color I Love Lucy shows on DVD or Blu ray. I want to see the shows complete in color.

OR they could put all SIX of them that have been colorized on a special DVD.  So that means we have 1/30th of the series done already, LOL!

OR they could put all SIX of them that have been colorized on a special DVD.  So that means we have 1/30th of the series done already, LOL!

Claude, it's good to see you back here again!  And yes, the colorized I Love Lucy episodes are coming out like a slow drip.  Which has me wondering how the 74 black and white episodes of Bewitched got colorized so quickly.  Was it that they were done without the same amount of attention to detail as I Love Lucy?  I also wonder why those Bewitched episodes were colorized anyway.  Was it just to sell DVDs, because they seem to still be broadcasting those episodes in B&W.  I've never seen the colorized version on TV.  The same thing with I Dream of Jeannie: the first season is available in color on DVD, but the reruns I see are still the original B&W.

Claude, it's good to see you back here again!  And yes, the colorized I Love Lucy episodes are coming out like a slow drip.  Which has me wondering how the 74 black and white episodes of Bewitched got colorized so quickly.  Was it that they were done without the same amount of attention to detail as I Love Lucy?  I also wonder why those Bewitched episodes were colorized anyway.  Was it just to sell DVDs, because they seem to still be broadcasting those episodes in B&W.  I've never seen the colorized version on TV.  The same thing with I Dream of Jeannie: the first season is available in color on DVD, but the reruns I see are still the original B&W.

Thanks, and i never liked the color versions of those two shows, especially Bewitched, i thought the colors were brownish, i think they'd be better if done NOW.

• Like 1

Thanks, and i never liked the color versions of those two shows, especially Bewitched, i thought the colors were brownish, i think they'd be better if done NOW.

Maybe I need to take another look, but when I first saw those Bewitched colorized episodes several years ago, I was very impressed and could hardly distinguish them from the actual color episodes.

From what I understand, they weren't colorized specifically for the DVD releases. They were done several years previously for some syndication markets. Sony released both because they had both on hand. I, too, have never seen those versions broadcast, although they are commonplace on streaming sites as well. I'm glad to know the reruns are in B&W in some places still, and the Mill Creek re-releases only include the B&W versions.