The Carol Burnett Show - Seasons 1-5 Coming This Fall!

Mot Morenzi

This sounds incredible! Now I know what to hit my dad up for on my 30th birthday. Lol

Or a great Christmas present/stocking stuffer!! This sounds AMAZING!!! Not only all these great "lost" episodes -- which will be remastered no doubt to their original splendor! -- but the participants who -- who knew??? -- were frequent guests of the program, at least at the outset, including Paul Lynde, Debbie Reynolds and my dear Shirley "Busty Ingels" Jones!!! And new interviews yet!! CAN'T WAIT!!!

Discs13-28_a.jpg?1435692680

I'm not seeing Lucy's 2nd appearance with Nancy Wilson with the "A Good Man is Hard to Find" Finale from the 68-69 season.

The episodes included have been announced and this sounds like one of the most incredible DVD sets of all time! Three of Lucy's four appearances are included! Lucy's final guest shot alongside Mel Torme is the only one missing. I guess they have to save something in case they do another volume. Also included is Carol Plus Two!

http://timelife.com/products/the-carol-burnett-show-the-lost-episodes-ultimate-collection

That is the very first episode listed. The clips of Lucy in the trailers come from that episode too.

Don't know how I missed that.  Where do you find the trailer?

Notice that the episode with Chita Rivera has a finale that is entitled "Chutzpah".   Same one?

$199!   Youch!!  But it is a lot of material.

I don't know what you get for $399 but I would expect Carol, Vicki and Tim Conway to come to my house and put on a show.

Don't know how I missed that. Where do you find the trailer?

Notice that the episode with Chita Rivera has a finale that is entitled "Chutzpah". Same one?

$199! Youch!! But it is a lot of material.

I don't know what you get for $399 but I would expect Carol, Vicki and Tim Conway to come to my house and put on a show.

One trailer is here:

https://timelife.com/pages/the-carol-burnett-show-the-lost-episodes/?siteID=fziHLe0yqFU-zDgRAU6dmMOSytXL4B7EhQ&ls_affid=fziHLe0yqFU&utm_medium=affil&utm_source=linkshare&utm_campaign=Y81GAFFXXX

Here's the other one: http://youtu.be/eAlakybl_w4

I'm sure the "Chutzpah" number would be the same one. The $399 set is personally autographed by Carol.

• 1 month later...

It has been released, and I think they include three of Lucy's four appearances on Carol's series, plus the first special:

#108 - November 4, 1968

#006 - October 2, 1967 - We used a clip from the airline sketch on Season 6 of "The Lucy Show" DVDs

#310 - November 24, 1969

Bonus Feature:  Carol +2 special (March 22, 1966)

T.

The one not included is the program of 10/19/70.

So these are the ones in the mega set? Any idea if they made it to this 6 disk set?

Yes, these are in the mega-set...

Am guessing that probably #104 and #006 might be in the smaller set. 

The large megaset is broken down into smaller sets once one opens the box. These first two Lucy appearances are included in the "first" of the smaller interior sets -- and it would make sense if the manufacturer is merely offering the smaller sets as stand alones... But I guess they could feasibly scramble things a bit, just to confuse us!

• 2 weeks later...

I taped the Carol Burnett hour-long infomercial. Haven't watched it all, but what they're offering is the 21 episode-10 disc version for $99 (5 payments of that magical price $19.95---free shipping).  No mention so far of the $199 version.  With the infomercial offer, you get the bonus disc of "Once Upon Mattress" "C Plus 2" and a b/w clip (Garry Moore Show?). PLUS (if you call within the next 10 minutes!), you get the scrapbook personally autographed to YOU by Carol.   I don't think the scrapbook is offered on the T-L website unless you get the $199 version.   It's worth the money if for nothing else, to see Lucy looking resplendent decked out as Catherine the Great for her portion of the "Good Man" finale.   Lucy's fourth and final appearance--not part of this set---is one I barely remember, the finale was a reworking of the "Some Like it Hot" plot, reversing the sexes.

I can't find any listing of what shows are available on the different versions.   I think both of Lucy's first 2 shows are included in the cheaper version. 

The ever-present "If you call in the next 10 minutes" ploy is an interesting and completely phony one, because these infomercials run at various times in different cities so there's no way for your Time-Life operators to tell.  Someone in TV product marketing researched it and $19.95 is the price people are willing to pay for just about anything.  If the total is more, you make it a payment plan. 

I taped the Carol Burnett hour-long infomercial. Haven't watched it all, but what they're offering is the 21 episode-10 disc version for $99 (5 payments of that magical price $19.95---free shipping).  No mention so far of the $199 version.  With the infomercial offer, you get the bonus disc of "Once Upon Mattress" "C Plus 2" and a b/w clip (Garry Moore Show?). PLUS (if you call within the next 10 minutes!), you get the scrapbook personally autographed to YOU by Carol.   I don't think the scrapbook is offered on the T-L website unless you get the $199 version.   It's worth the money if for nothing else, to see Lucy looking resplendent decked out as Catherine the Great for her portion of the "Good Man" finale.   Lucy's fourth and final appearance--not part of this set---is one I barely remember, the finale was a reworking of the "Some Like it Hot" plot, reversing the sexes.

I can't find any listing of what shows are available on the different versions.   I think both of Lucy's first 2 shows are included in the cheaper version. 

The ever-present "If you call in the next 10 minutes" ploy is an interesting and completely phony one, because these infomercials run at various times in different cities so there's no way for your Time-Life operators to tell.  Someone in TV product marketing researched it and $19.95 is the price people are willing to pay for just about anything.  If the total is more, you make it a payment plan. 

There's an hour-long version? The one I caught (and it was long enough!) was only a half hour (thank GOD!)!! :peachonthebeach: