New Lucy Books

Mister Hepburn

Ran across some new titles today...

Lucille Ball, by: Nick Yapp

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?WRD=lucille+ball&page=index&prod=univ&choice=allproducts&query=lucille+ball&flag=False&ugrp=0

I posted the Barnes and Noble link for this one because its only available (somewhat expensively) through Amazon's marketplace. However, a reviewer on Amazon mentions there is nothing new in the text, but some great pictures.

Lucille Ball FAQ, by: Barry Monush and James Sheridan

http://www.amazon.com/Lucille-Ball-FAQ-Everything-Americas/dp/1617740829/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1291069557&sr=8-2

It's quite some time before this is released, but I'm pretty excited for it. 500 pages!

I Love Lucy: Celebrating 50 Years of Love and Laughter (Revised Edition), by: Elizabeth Edwards

http://www.amazon.com/Love-Lucy-Celebrating-Years-Laughter/dp/0762439831/ref=pd_sim_b_1

Not sure whats been revised, anyone know? And aren't they releasing a 60th anniversary book next year?

• Like 1

Lucille Ball FAQ, by: Barry Monush and James Sheridan

http://www.amazon.com/Lucille-Ball-FAQ-Everything-Americas/dp/1617740829/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1291069557&sr=8-2

It's quite some time before this is released, but I'm pretty excited for it. 500 pages!

Hmm... Yeah, that is quite a ways away. I hope the authors get the lead out. :lucythrill:

I bought the Nicholas Yapp book a few weeks ago. It is filled with amazing, rare pictures. I would say I have not seen a majority of them. Unfortunately, there is very little text and what is there is riddled with errors that you wouldn't believe. The pictures are amazing, though!

I've seen Elisabeth's book for sale. It seems to be a new layout for the old book. It also looks like they updated some things like more recent Lucy products and I saw a statement from Corie, the more recent Lucy-Desi Museum director.

As for "Lucille Ball FAQ," it's actually co-authored by me. I cannot really say much more about it right now, but they may have over estimated with the 500 pages.

I bought the Nicholas Yapp book a few weeks ago. It is filled with amazing, rare pictures. I would say I have not seen a majority of them. Unfortunately, there is very little text and what is there is riddled with errors that you wouldn't believe. The pictures are amazing, though!

I've seen Elisabeth's book for sale. It seems to be a new layout for the old book. It also looks like they updated some things like more recent Lucy products and I saw a statement from Corie, the more recent Lucy-Desi Museum director.

As for "Lucille Ball FAQ," it's actually co-authored by me. I cannot really say much more about it right now, but they may have over estimated with the 500 pages.

Co authored by YOU????? Do tell, Harrison!

Geez! I'm feeling broke already, between all the new and/or updated books and DVDs that'll be coming out in the next year!! OY!!! blink.gif

Well, yeah, i know, B U T , it IS her 100th birthday! Leave it to Harry to be all quiet about being a Lucy author and coming out with a great book on her 100th birthday, that is so HARRY! Maybe the introduction will be by Dick Van Dyke? Or even :lucie: .

I'm sure you would be able to order the book at your local bookstore. I will go into more detail about it when we get a little closer. I think (hope!) it will be a fun read for people and I hope everyone likes it. :) Don't count on any fancy introductions! ;)

I was only kidding about that, what us fans want are more info on her, not fancy intros that mean nothing. I'm sure it'll be a terrific book and it won't have any errors in it either, you are so knowledgeable and thorough! :peachonthebeach::lucydesi::lucy2::gasp::ill:

I just got a note from Elisabeth Edwards wanting to clarify the book situation. She said the revised edition of her 50th Anniversary Book is coming out IN ADDITION TO the I Love Lucy 60th Anniversary Book which is coming out in October. The 50th Anniversary Book is republished in paparback, with changed dimensions, and "refreshed", but I don't know what the refreshments are.

Either way, we're still getting a brand-new 60th Anniversary Book! :D :D

• 1 month later...

Lucille Ball by: Nick Yapp is in the bargain section at Barnes and Noble for 50% off (available online for 39% off here: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Lucille-Ball/Nick-Yapp/e/9781435129054/?itm=1&USRI=lucille+ball).

I really had no plans to buy it, I thought it was going to be a biography similar to say, Ball of Fire, with lots of text and very few pictures. With that impression (apparently I didn't absorb what Harry wrote a few weeks ago) I was surprised when I saw it at Barnes and Noble and realized it's a coffee table book. EVERYONE here needs this book. Absolutely stunning pictures, only a handful of which I had seen before. The text is atrocious (not to mention just plain weird) and I've decided to pass on reading it but will definitely enjoy the book for all of those fabulous pictures. For less than $10 I don't think you could go wrong.

Lucille Ball by: Nick Yapp is in the bargain section at Barnes and Noble for 50% off (available online for 39% off here: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Lucille-Ball/Nick-Yapp/e/9781435129054/?itm=1&USRI=lucille+ball).

I really had no plans to buy it, I thought it was going to be a biography similar to say, Ball of Fire, with lots of text and very few pictures. With that impression (apparently I didn't absorb what Harry wrote a few weeks ago) I was surprised when I saw it at Barnes and Noble and realized it's a coffee table book. EVERYONE here needs this book. Absolutely stunning pictures, only a handful of which I had seen before. The text is atrocious (not to mention just plain weird) and I've decided to pass on reading it but will definitely enjoy the book for all of those fabulous pictures. For less than $10 I don't think you could go wrong.

Thanks for the heads-up, Robbie! I ordered this through Amazon.ca and it has been backordered for two months now. Thanks to you I just cancelled that order, went to Barnes & Noble and saved $17 (including shipping!) in the process! Thanks!!!

I'm sure you would be able to order the book at your local bookstore. I will go into more detail about it when we get a little closer. I think (hope!) it will be a fun read for people and I hope everyone likes it. :) Don't count on any fancy introductions! ;)

Oh Harry! You 'ol meanie. You didn't tell us you were LITERATE!

• 1 month later...

My copy of Lucille Ball by Nick Yapp finally arrived today (well, yesterday, but I picked it up at the post office today) and I agree -- the book is stunning! The pictures are out of this world and so rare! Like Robbie, I have only seen about half of them -- and probably half of the half I HAD seen have been through Rick and Lamarr's posts. It joins Loving Lucy as the two greatest photo books of Lucy ever produced. The first page I opened to earlier today had an error on it, so I decided to save the actual reading until I had time to pour myself a drink. Cognac in hand, let's go! LOL

Life Magazine is publishing WE LOVE LUCY, a hardcover edition -- presumably a photo book -- to mark Lucy's centennial: Amazon Link

"DESILU" is also getting the 60th Anniversary treatment: Amazon

Elisabeth Edwards' 60th Anniversary Lucy book: "I Love Lucy: A Celebration of All Things Lucy" is now available for pre-order: Amazon

And it looks like another tiny Lucy gift book like "I Love Lucy's Guide To Life" and "Friends Forever" is in the works: Amazon

Life Magazine is publishing WE LOVE LUCY, a hardcover edition -- presumably a photo book -- to mark Lucy's centennial: Amazon Link

"DESILU" is also getting the 60th Anniversary treatment: Amazon

Elisabeth Edwards' 60th Anniversary Lucy book: "I Love Lucy: A Celebration of All Things Lucy" is now available for pre-order: Amazon

And it looks like another tiny Lucy gift book like "I Love Lucy's Guide To Life" and "Friends Forever" is in the works: Amazon

And I have it on good authority ( ;) ) that Michael Stern's book is finally going to be coming out in a few months, too. Cant' wait for that one!!

The books I look forward to is the one by Life and Michael Stern. I liked I LOved Lucy by Lee because I like books that deal with Lucy's later years. It seems a lot of books only cover before or especially during I Love Lucy but pass the rest of her life (29 years) like it was nothing.