New Lucy Books

Mister Hepburn

Desi opened the Desi Arnaz Western Hills Hotel in 1957. It adjoined the Indian Wells Country Club in Palm Springs. The name was changed to the Indian Wells Hotel. Lucy became owner in 1966 and Fred Ball managed the hotel. The profits were put in the Arnaz children's trust fund. Lucy sold the hotel in 1970.

Jamie:  Thanks SO MUCH for this wonderful ADDED information to add  to the chronology info I already have - do you know if it IS, IN FACT, still in operation by someone or another? 

While I'm here, today, I want to say:  May GOD  Bless each and everyone of us on this day of infamy, 13 years later; and continue holding us lovingly in his hands, until our TIME is up! 

We, here in Celoron, lost one of our young people, Amy King, who was stewardess on the flight hitting the first tower.  On the same flight, was her fiance, a steward; together in forever.. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

O M G all the Lucy mentions in all of the books I bought in the past month which I read while being away from here as my computer went bonkers.  My faves were the William Pailey and Don Hewitt one of 60 Minutes.  Others only had little blurbs on her like the one on Walter Annenberg and FBI honcho J Edgar Hoover and his boyfriend.

They could still get away with "Lucy at 100".  Nobody is going to carp "She's 103 if she's a day!"

If Vivian Vance can get away with cutting 3 years off her age, I don't know why Lucy can't.

Speaking of that, Vivian's newspaper obit listed her YOB as 1913.  

1912 was all I ever read before that, 3 years younger than her actual YOB 1909, which wasn't revealed until years after her death.

I don't know how many times I saw variations of this in print:

"Ball had Vance's contract written so Vivian had to remain 20 pounds overweight as to appear older than Lucy.  In actuality, Vivian is a year younger".  Thought the contract renewing weigh-in rumor has finally been disproved thanks to the "Dinah" interview, it STILL gets repeated.

I don't know how Lucy let her get away with the age thing for so long.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...