New Lucy Books

Mister Hepburn

Someone gave me this book.  Don't know where they found it.  It's VERY unusual for someone to give me something Lucy related that I've never heard of.

This is a strange little book.  It is merely cut-and-pasted articles from wikipedia.  Very little is actually about "LWL" other than what's on wiki.  The rest is wikipedia listings for Lucy, Gale Gordon and the rest of the LWL cast sans Donovan but including John Ritter, The Lucy Show, I Love Lucy, Here's Lucy  and the ABC network!

Published in 2012 by Bookvika Publishing.

I'd forgotten what Philip Amelio died from in 2005.  The wikipedia information just says "from an infection".

Yes it does.  Cy did shows with both of my favorites actresses and a bunch of other really good shows too.

• 4 weeks later...

This isn't a new book

A big coffee table book loaded with wonderful pictures, called (for some reason) "A Fine Romance" and it deals with Broadway and movie versions of musicals.   As usual Lucy's Mame fares badly.   They always quote the worst reviews.  Most of these authors love to talk in extremes.  For instance, this author refers to Lucy's one Broadway musical as "a humungous failure", hardly the case.  "Wildcat" played to capacity during its entire 6 month run. Then refers to Mame as a financial DISASTER and adds "it was one of Hollywood's biggest embarrassments".   In Portland, it ran at the same theater for 4 months.

Great pics though.

• Like 1

This isn't a new book

A big coffee table book loaded with wonderful pictures, called (for some reason) "A Fine Romance" and it deals with Broadway and movie versions of musicals.   As usual Lucy's Mame fares badly.   They always quote the worst reviews.  Most of these authors love to talk in extremes.  For instance, this author refers to Lucy's one Broadway musical as "a humungous failure", hardly the case.  "Wildcat" played to capacity during its entire 6 month run. Then refers to Mame as a financial DISASTER and adds "it was one of Hollywood's biggest embarrassments".   In Portland, it ran at the same theater for 4 months.

Great pics though.

Thanks for clarifying that for the ones who don't read anything.

• 1 month later...

Ric Wyman has a new book coming out this September (according to Amazon) entitled "What I Learned from Lucy."

Synopsis: Whether she's slurring her way through the classic "Vitameatavegamin" commercial, sneaking onstage at the Tropicana, or frantically gobbling goodies at the chocolate factory, everybody loves Lucy! Over the years, millions of people everywhere have welcomed this wild and wacky redhead into their homes. "Females are Fabulous", what must she do to win a $1000 jackpot? This fun-filled guide--takes a look at some of the predicaments Lucy got herself into and then gives you life lesson learned the hard way. It's the perfect gift for any fan of the show.

http://www.amazon.com/What-Learned-Lucy-Ric-Wyman/dp/1577151224/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1422590389&sr=1-1&keywords=Lucille+Ball

Play nice, kids.

• Like 1

Do we really need another book like this? Why doesn't someone take an idea from all these ILL books and do something with The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy.

I wonder how marketable a book would be for these shows. Not that I wouldn't love them.

I'd really love another scrapbook, or how about two! One for Lucy, one for Desi.

Perhaps a biography focusing on growing up in Jamestown and the New York years. Another focusing on the post-HL years.

Aside from Tom's book, we don't have many big, glossy photo books focusing on Lucy, of all years. Garbo and Dietrich have a lot of these, 300+ page books loaded with full page photos, dazzling shots and some showing the ladies in unguarded moments. Integrate some bio for the casual fan who needs it...

Re-release the coloring books! Both the vintage and Watson editions. 

Was there ever a more lovely book than Rick Carl's paper doll book? I treasure it. And I'd love to see it and the vintage doll books re-released.

Seeing A Book at an affordable price might be nice.

Ric Wyman has a new book coming out this September (according to Amazon) entitled "What I Learned from Lucy."

Synopsis: Whether she's slurring her way through the classic "Vitameatavegamin" commercial, sneaking onstage at the Tropicana, or frantically gobbling goodies at the chocolate factory, everybody loves Lucy! Over the years, millions of people everywhere have welcomed this wild and wacky redhead into their homes. "Females are Fabulous", what must she do to win a $1000 jackpot? This fun-filled guide--takes a look at some of the predicaments Lucy got herself into and then gives you life lesson learned the hard way. It's the perfect gift for any fan of the show.

http://www.amazon.com/What-Learned-Lucy-Ric-Wyman/dp/1577151224/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1422590389&sr=1-1&keywords=Lucille+Ball

Play nice, kids.

I'll probably buy it. To be honest, For The Love of Lucy and the I Love Lucy Book of Trivia are two of my favorite, most referenced Lucy books. But, it really sounds about as useful as that teeny tiny I Love Lucy Guide To Life book.

Do we really need another book like this? Why doesn't someone take an idea from all these ILL books and do something with The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy.

I've been waiting for a TLS and HL book!

If I had the money I'd totally do one of her beauty. Going through each year and decade of her looks through hair, makeup, and clothing. With help of Henry of course!

I wonder how marketable a book would be for these shows. Not that I wouldn't love them.

I'd really love another scrapbook, or how about two! One for Lucy, one for Desi.

Perhaps a biography focusing on growing up in Jamestown and the New York years. Another focusing on the post-HL years.

Aside from Tom's book, we don't have many big, glossy photo books focusing on Lucy, of all years. Garbo and Dietrich have a lot of these, 300+ page books loaded with full page photos, dazzling shots and some showing the ladies in unguarded moments. Integrate some bio for the casual fan who needs it...

Was there ever a more lovely book than Rick Carl's paper doll book? I treasure it. And I'd love to see it and the vintage doll books re-released.

That's the thing, everybody knows I Love Lucy but not so for the other two series.

You CAN find big glossy photos of Lucy in other books though, i'm thinking of Kodachrome which has loads of pages of her, full or even double pages, all in color and positively stunning.

SynoYpsis: Whether she's slurring her way through the classic "Vitameatavegamin" commercial, sneaking onstage at the Tropicana, or frantically gobbling goodies at the chocolate factory, everybody loves Lucy! Over the years, millions of people everywhere have welcomed this wild and wacky redhead into their homes. "Females are Fabulous", what must she do to win a $1000 jackpot? This fun-filled guide--takes a look at some of the predicaments Lucy got herself into and then gives you life lesson learned the hard way. It's the perfect gift for any fan of the show.

Play nice, kids.

YOU WILL NEVER KNOW MY RELIEF AT THIS MOMENT!!!!!! - SINCE HE NEVER RETURNED 1/2 OF THE MATERIAL WHICH

I PROVIDED HIM FOR THE WEBSITE, WHICH BEGAN JANUARY 2006, [at that time, the chronology was upwards of 300 pages; now 1000!!!!]

I WAS IN FEAR HE WAS USING MY MATERIAL OF 2 YEARS - some days' 12 hours research & typing - (AT THAT TIME) NOW NEARLY 11 FULL YEARS (since 2/5/05).  SINCE I WOULD NOT 'SIGN OFF' ON MY WORK, HE TOOK IT OFF THE MUSEUM WEBSITE AFTER IT RUNNING 18 MONTHS - JANUARY 2006 TO JULY 17 (LUCIE'S BIRTHDAY) 2007!!!!

[i, at the time, demanded my work returned to me; he returned months 1-6, two copies of it; and kept months 7-12]; so, all these years, I've been in fear  - when I heard recently, from several folks I worked with, they employees, me a volunteer, he was coming out with a book, I've had loose bowel.... you get the idea.  Sorry, Brock that's as kind as I get.

oddly,  I WISH HIM WELL; HE COULD HAVE DONE THINGS DIFFERENTLY - HE MIGHT STILL HAVE BEEN ON-BOARD FOR HIS DREAM OF WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!!!!  how sad he chose the 'other' path.  He pissed off the millionaires who helped him!  Just sayin'!!!!

YOU WILL NEVER KNOW MY RELIEF AT THIS MOMENT!!!!!! - SINCE HE NEVER RETURNED 1/2 OF THE MATERIAL WHICH

I PROVIDED HIM FOR THE WEBSITE, WHICH BEGAN JANUARY 2006, [at that time, the chronology was upwards of 300 pages; now 1000!!!!]

I WAS IN FEAR HE WAS USING MY MATERIAL OF 2 YEARS - some days' 12 hours research & typing - (AT THAT TIME) NOW NEARLY 11 FULL YEARS (since 2/5/05).  SINCE I WOULD NOT 'SIGN OFF' ON MY WORK, HE TOOK IT OFF THE MUSEUM WEBSITE AFTER IT RUNNING 18 MONTHS - JANUARY 2006 TO JULY 17 (LUCIE'S BIRTHDAY) 2007!!!!

[i, at the time, demanded my work returned to me; he returned months 1-6, two copies of it; and kept months 7-12]; so, all these years, I've been in fear  - when I heard recently, from several folks I worked with, they employees, me a volunteer, he was coming out with a book, I've had loose bowel.... you get the idea.  Sorry, Brock that's as kind as I get.

oddly,  I WISH HIM WELL; HE COULD HAVE DONE THINGS DIFFERENTLY - HE MIGHT STILL HAVE BEEN ON-BOARD FOR HIS DREAM OF WHAT IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!!!!  how sad he chose the 'other' path.  He pissed off the millionaires who helped him!  Just sayin'!!!!

Your PAGES were my first thought also when i heard he wrote a book.

Your PAGES were my first thought also when i heard he wrote a book.

Thanks, Claude; there is one error in my narrative above; I'm just finishing 10 full years - 2/5/15 will commence the 11th year!  What I'd love to do is get it away from me by THAT particular date; and say:  10 years in the making.  It's a wonderful mixture of what I could find in ten years and put it in order; and in Lucille's life, I've barely scratched the surface!!!!

I apprreciate your thoughtful reply to what has been an UNCERTAIN for me for a long time.  Besides, a confidential 'informant' I have says he has an abundance of finance to assist himself; something this old widow lady DOES NOT!  What I have is GRIT, THAT's TRUE!!!! :fabrary:

• Like 1

Thanks, Claude; there is one error in my narrative above; I'm just finishing 10 full years - 2/5/15 will commence the 11th year!  What I'd love to do is get it away from me by THAT particular date; and say:  10 years in the making.  It's a wonderful mixture of what I could find in ten years and put it in order; and in Lucille's life, I've barely scratched the surface!!!!

I apprreciate your thoughtful reply to what has been an UNCERTAIN for me for a long time.  Besides, a confidential 'informant' I have says he has an abundance of finance to assist himself; something this old widow lady DOES NOT!  What I have is GRIT, THAT's TRUE!!!! :fabrary:

Love your SPUNK, keep at it and you definitely should have that BLURB on the cover, TEN YEARS IN THE MAKING!  Very impressive!

Thanks, Claude;  truly appreciate your friendship and hard-work approval of my project.  I hope EVERY Lucille Ball fan gets to read it, if interested in the day-to-day, for comparison to so many other 'works' about her - as much as I could, this one is in some semblance of order - and it has become a passion to which I'm 100% addicted! You arre the BEST!  Loving you, JK

Thanks, Claude;  truly appreciate your friendship and hard-work approval of my project.  I hope EVERY Lucille Ball fan gets to read it, if interested in the day-to-day, for comparison to so many other 'works' about her - as much as I could, this one is in some semblance of order - and it has become a passion to which I'm 100% addicted! You arre the BEST!  Loving you, JK

Now how about watching some of her shows too?