New Lucy Books

Mister Hepburn

Speaking of LIFE, i've been thinking of trying to find my copy of the LOOK article on Lucy, one of the best i ever read on her, in many of her own words, her losing a bundle in the stock market and so on . . .

I got this for Christmas, and yes this is a great article. I'm thinking you may have sent me a copy of this once.

Ok so I found the Yapp book used online. I'm getting it only for the pics everyone is raving about. Should be here next week. I wasn' t buying new and full price for this since so much of the text sounds like crap.

Yeah, I got it for $5 at some bargain bin in a bookstore. LOL. Not worth paying full price for the biographical portion, that's for sure.

Has anyone picked up this slim little number yet?

http://www.amazon.co...25131557&sr=1-1

I'm curious about the pictures. The two included in the Amazon preview are great.

Aren't they scrumptious? If the book is half as good as those pics....but it looks like a self-published dealie-bob, so who knows? We all know what a crapshoot those are! lucythrill.JPG

http://www.amazon.com/PS-Love-Lucy-Lucille-Springs/dp/1468098543/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1325131557&sr=1-1

I'm curious about the pictures. The two included in the Amazon preview are great.

Thanks for alerting me! That's an interesting angle for a Lucille Ball book. I guess you've really got to be creative these days! The preview has certainly made me curious, though!

http://www.amazon.com/PS-Love-Lucy-Lucille-Springs/dp/1468098543/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1325131557&sr=1-1

I've seen both those pics and loads more when you research Lucy and Palm Springs on the net. Lots of pics of a supposed HOME in Florida too, anybody ever hear of that one?

Kris Krinkled made an excellent choice!

I didn't know Lucy spent THAT much of her 'golden years' in Palm Springs. Where are these preview pics? I couldn't find on the amazon listing.

I got Kris Kindled for Christmas....I haven't used it yet. I don't know if I want to make the transition from books except when traveling. When a book has a picture does Kindle allow you to download it?

I didn't know Lucy spent THAT much of her 'golden years' in Palm Springs. Where are these preview pics? I couldn't find on the amazon listing.

I got Kris Kindled for Christmas....I haven't used it yet. I don't know if I want to make the transition from books except when traveling. When a book has a picture does Kindle allow you to download it?

You can see pics on a Kindle, but they're in black and white. At least mine is, but mine's a couple years old now so they might have color pics nowadays. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

This book looks very interesting - My Lucy Years by Sharon Thober, who apparently worked on The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy in the wardrobe department.

It looks like it's a Kindle/online only book.

My link

Geez, whatever happened to books you could get at any bookstore, now you have to special order them, or they are exclusive to this store or that one and as if that wasn't bad enough, now only on Kindle!