New Lucy Books

Mister Hepburn

Yes Betty will play herself but actually, Lindsay is playing Rue McCllellan. Bea Arthur will be played by Harvey Fierstein. Rumor has it Meryl Streep is working on her accent to play Estelle Getty.

While Betty's first choice to play Allen Ludden was Robert Redford it's been mentioned Zac Efron and Taylor Lautner are now in the running. Taylor wants the part so bad he was spotted at Walmart trying to find the right pair of eyeglasses.

God how I missed you, no boring stupid ass posts for YOU!

I on the other hand feel sorry for the older Lucy fans who never lived to see the dvd era and own the treasure trove of tv shows, interviews, movies, etc released in the format plus the incredible access to hundreds of oldtime radio broadcasts, thousands of free pix online, collectibles released, etc. Did anyone in their wildest dreams, even the most devout Lucy fan, ever imagine all of this stuff would be available one day - we thought it was something when the ILL episodes were available three episodes to a videotape in the 1990's!! I for one am glad I'm "here" rather than "there" to have all these priceless goodies though it was a joy to grow up with a living Lucy as much a part of our lives as Campbell's soup in the 60s 70s and 80s.

Yeah, was thinking of that just today, thinking how much money I've spent on Lucy in all those various formats over the decades. Now that I seem to be RETIRED, I am picking up every bio book available so as to get every single Lucy mention anywhere.

Until BETTY WHITE THE MOVIE is released we can buy her newest dvd all about animals, the four legged kind, although she's probably met more than a few two legged ones in Hollywood.

I'm reading all these bios of old stars and how they fade away at the end, all sick and hardly able to get around, and then THERE'S BETTY, just unbelievable.

Well I sure missed you, for awhile there it slowed down here so much it looked like the next entry on the "Others who have died" thread might be THE LUCY LOUNGE :lucyhehe:

Yeah, had to take a sabbatical as I was hurt when told my posts were too provocative, seems they prefer posts that say nothing or are diabetic inducing. BUT, then I remembered Brock is a free thinker and is more broadminded than most so I figured, the people involved should just IGNORE my posts the way I do theirs. So nice to read YOURS again.

There is a new book coming out by a makeup artist who was apparently part of Lucy's YM&O entourage. Skimming through the preview pages on Amazon, there seems to be the potential for quite a few stories about Lucy, Irma Kusley, and Renita Reachi....but also a disproportionate amount about Tallulah Bankhead. lol Also, it seems a bit on the bitchy side:

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Shiner-Memoir-Celebrity-Make-Up/dp/0786470968/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1368757038&sr=1-2&keywords=Lucille+Ball

Sounds like something I would have the guilty pleasure of purchasing, although $40 seems a bit too pricey. There better be some good stuff in here. :lucyhmm:

Do like I do, wait for it to be in the cheap bin in a few years, then it`s three dollars instead of 50 which I agree with you is ridiculous for a book.

• Like 1

There is a new book coming out by a makeup artist who was apparently part of Lucy's YM&O entourage. Skimming through the preview pages on Amazon, there seems to be the potential for quite a few stories about Lucy, Irma Kusley, and Renita Reachi....but also a disproportionate amount about Tallulah Bankhead. lol Also, it seems a bit on the bitchy side:

http://www.amazon.co...ds=Lucille Ball

If he`s such a great make up artist, why does his hair come off as two toned.

• Like 1

I skimmed through the pages & wondered who edited/fact checked this, as there were several errors just in the little bit I read (ILL ran from 1951-1961, Lucy met Gary in the Catskills, little Lucie's name is spelled "Luci").

And, like Gary, this guy claims that he had never seen an episode of I Love Lucy. (Really? Not even one? Hmmmmm ....)

I skimmed through the pages & wondered who edited/fact checked this, as there were several errors just in the little bit I read (ILL ran from 1951-1961, Lucy met Gary in the Catskills, little Lucie's name is spelled "Luci").

And, like Gary, this guy claims that he had never seen an episode of I Love Lucy. (Really? Not even one? Hmmmmm ....)

Well, I noticed the one about the run of the show, gary was FROM the Castkills as a performer, and seeing as Lucie's name was SUPPOSED to be Susan, maybe he confused her with Susan Lucci? As I've said before about this crap saying they never saw a show, they have to have seen a clip though in a tribute, commercial for the show, or anywhere else the show inundated the airwaves all those decades.

His source for I Love Lucy's run was probably that Encyclopedia of TV which lists the beginning and ending prime dates dates which includes a brief run for the month of September 1961 on Sunday nights. Note that this book is ONLY prime time. I don't know what their cut off time is but I think ILL had a network run early Sundays (5:00?). The last listed ILL run before Sept 1961 was the "Lucy in Connecticut" series from the previous summer --1960. During this period, ILL was in the midst of its 7 year, 5-day a week 9:30am (Pacific time---later moved to 9:00) daytime run which had started in Jan. 1959. For a while, it was on Saturday mornings too.

I ordered it. Couldn't resist, although I'm prepared for up-close dishing. Any 67 year old male make-up artist who includes a nude shot of himself from his male model days (with stomach sucked in as if Irma had applied tape to his lower back and pulled) is giving us a preview of what to expect. (and just so Claude doesn't rush out and buy a copy, the photo is cropped somewhere between his waist and nether region.)

I scanned the preview and yes, he's insensitive and blunt about Lucy's "natural" look, but I didn't expect him to give her a break. Dishing makes for better copy...But get this: he complains about the mizzly tip she gives him when he makes her up for the first time: $20 in 1968, the equivalent of $134 today. Mind you, he was already getting paid.

I can't imagine anyone never viewing as I Love Lucy episode but maybe he's one of those snobs that didn't own a television machine. Or perhaps he was attending those Monday night supper club performances of Gary's.

• Like 1

His source for I Love Lucy's run was probably that Encyclopedia of TV which lists the beginning and ending prime dates dates which includes a brief run for the month of September 1961 on Sunday nights. Note that this book is ONLY prime time. I don't know what their cut off time is but I think ILL had a network run early Sundays (5:00?). The last listed ILL run before Sept 1961 was the "Lucy in Connecticut" series from the previous summer --1960. During this period, ILL was in the midst of its 7 year, 5-day a week 9:30am (Pacific time---later moved to 9:00) daytime run which had started in Jan. 1959. For a while, it was on Saturday mornings too.

I ordered it. Couldn't resist, although I'm prepared for up-close dishing. Any 67 year old male make-up artist who includes a nude shot of himself from his male model days (with stomach sucked in as if Irma had applied tape to his lower back and pulled) is giving us a preview of what to expect. (and just so Claude doesn't rush out and buy a copy, the photo is cropped somewhere between his waist and nether region.)

I scanned the preview and yes, he's insensitive and blunt about Lucy's "natural" look, but I didn't expect him to give her a break. Dishing makes for better copy...But get this: he complains about the mizzly tip she gives him when he makes her up for the first time: $20 in 1968, the equivalent of $134 today. Mind you, he was already getting paid.

I can't imagine anyone never viewing as I Love Lucy episode but maybe he's one of those snobs that didn't own a television machine. Or perhaps he was attending those Monday night supper club performances of Gary's.

I still say YOU should write for a living, not this Queen. I agree with Joey, can't wait to read this, we Queens at least aren't B O R I N G which Lucy hated.

I'm sorry but, anyone who claims to have never seen an episode of ILL I tend to be wary of. I mean, not in ANY capacity whatsoever? That's damn near impossible.

Well, it's a sometimes very odd show, lacks public appeal, I don't thin anything will ever come of it actually. LOL!

• Like 1