New Lucy Books

Mister Hepburn

So, you guys are saying i cannot get Lucy Treasures from Amazon as it's a Barnes and Noble exclusive? Then again, i might not be able to get it at all, i had to get GAS this morning and spent my next two paychecks to fill the tank.

I'm guessing its a Barnes and Noble exclusive. Here are links to the Barnes and Noble as well as Amazon listing for it:

http://tinyurl.com/LBallTB-N

http://tinyurl.com/LBallTAma

I looked through it while I was at Barnes and Noble last night and thought it looked amazing, can't wait to actually buy a copy!

I keep meaning to thank you for directing me to the Barnes and Noble site for the Yapp book. Their shipping to Canada pretty reasonable compared to Amazon.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know when "I Had a Ball" is coming out and whether or not it is going to be available through amazon?

Never mind, I just answered my own question. The book is now available on amazon's site. I just ordered it. Can't wait to read it. It'll be fun to get a fan's insight into the world of Lucy as he became a friend.

Does anyone know when "I Had a Ball" is coming out and whether or not it is going to be available through amazon?

Never mind, I just answered my own question. The book is now available on amazon's site. I just ordered it. Can't wait to read it. It'll be fun to get a fan's insight into the world of Lucy as he became a friend.

I'm really afraid it might turn out to be more of Michael Stern story than Lucy's. Hope i'm wrong.

Who's Paula?

And are Frank and Wanda ever going to write/publish their books? I've heard them both talk about it as far back as '03/'04 (when Wanda, Frank and Jimmy Garrett sat behind my family at the auction....THRILL OF MY LIFE!).

Paula, Stewart, a friend for decades, she played her sister in Wildcat, we can finally hear HER version of the fight with Lee tannen. Like the time Tannen went off like a bomb scaring Lucy and making Paula cry in that limo ride from hell. Oh Tannen Bomb, oh Tannen bomb . . .

Oh yes, I'd forgotten her name. And what's the story you mentioned? Not sure I've heard it...

In Lee Tannen's book, he tells of his one year plus estrangement from Lucy as he exploded in her limo when seeing Paula there, she had stored stuff in his apartment and took forever to retrieve it, which pissed off Lee and his mate.

• 1 month later...

Well, I FINALLY bought the I Love Lucy Scrapbook! Yes, I was pretty slack in purchasing this GEM sooner.

Borders bookstore in my hometown is closing down :( Sad times, as this was my one-stop Lucy book shop for years! This was the only bookstore that stocked Lucy books! But the upside of its closure is that the whole store had 40 to 50% off everything! Ordinarily the I Love Lucy Scrapbook was $75.95 (never changed its price since it became available a few years back). I scored it for $45. Not bad eh?

Regardless of the "new" price, I was set to get it at the normal price anyway. But hey, im not complaining! I saved money AND finally have this great creation in my hot little hands! Can't wait to sift through it tonight! :professor:

Well, I FINALLY bought the I Love Lucy Scrapbook! Yes, I was pretty slack in purchasing this GEM sooner.

Borders bookstore in my hometown is closing down :( Sad times, as this was my one-stop Lucy book shop for years! This was the only bookstore that stocked Lucy books! But the upside of its closure is that the whole store had 40 to 50% off everything! Ordinarily the I Love Lucy Scrapbook was $75.95 (never changed its price since it became available a few years back). I scored it for $45. Not bad eh?

Regardless of the "new" price, I was set to get it at the normal price anyway. But hey, im not complaining! I saved money AND finally have this great creation in my hot little hands! Can't wait to sift through it tonight! :professor:

Geez, i think i paid around 50 for it HERE when it came out. I went to this small bookstore here on Sunday, asked for anything with Lucy Ball, she asked me to spell her name as she could find nothing, that'll teach me to go to a BIG store, not a small one with idiots working there. She did say, oh yeah, i know Lucille Ball but i can't find anything so i thought maybe i mispelled her name, yeah right, Lucille and Ball are so foreign and extremely hard to spell, :lucydisgust: LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

I wish someone would do a coloring book again, or they'd re-publish Tom Watson's coloring book from about 10 years ago. It might sound silly, but coloring is a huge stress reliever for me and I'd really like to get my hands on a Lucy coloring book. Maybe I'll have to shell out some $$ to get Watson's or one of the coloring books from the 50s.

• 2 weeks later...

Notice from Amazon today:

Barry Monush, James Sheridan "Lucille Ball FAQ: Everything Left to Know About America's Favorite Redhead"

Estimated arrival date: June 16 2011 - June 25 2011

With that subtitle, expectations are HIGH!!

I knew this Sheridan guy when he was still going by Charles Aldrich, Jr.

Barry Monush, James Sheridan "Lucille Ball FAQ: Everything Left to Know About America's Favorite Redhead"

Mine's on order and i can't wait to get it, i'm sure it'll be terrific as Jim is a powerhouse when it comes to anything about Lucy. As you all know he's Harry Carter on here. My boyfriend ordered me Treasures by Cindy de la Hoz and Nick Yapp's LUCILLE BALL book on Amazon as i could not get them at regular stores here. But with FAQ, i was able to order it and am awaiting delivery, i'm reminded of the Carly Simon song . . . .A N T I C I P A T I O N . . . .

:marionstrong: I hope it lives up to your expectations! The release date is June 14. :)

:marionstrong: I hope it lives up to your expectations! The release date is June 14. :)

Oh i'm sure it will, loads better than SOME Lucy books out there right now. You see i'm a REAL Lucy fan, and i want to find out absolutely everything about her and her career. And Harry/Jim knows everything!