New Lucy Books

Mister Hepburn

We're clearly supposed to think that the young man is Steven Spielberg, which is ridiculous. There's an urban legend that Spielberg snuck onto the Universal lot and occupied an empty office without being discovered. That story is debunked here: http://www.snopes.com/movies/other/spielberg.asp

That story is such a work of fiction that I really can't trust anything else that woman wrote.

You've got the loudest emotions of anyone i ever heard.

Sharon somebody-r-other.  It's on my kindle and the battery died. "My Lucy Years" or "The Lucy Years" put out solely as an e-book.

I think Speilberg directed his "Night Gallery" with Joan Crawford in 1969 or 1970 so timeline wise, Spielberg doesn't work.  But then WHY not give his last name?

I don't remember anything else about the book that seemed implausible.

You don't have to have a Kindle to read Kindle/e-books online... you can do it over any PC/laptop/tablet/phone as long as you've got some internet connection, at least via Amazon..... plus now I think they have this thing where you now don't even have to have online access once you've saved the book file and "pin" it to your device.... I haven't tried it yet but I surely will soon. :)

Ok, from a book on Broadway musicals called the 101 greatest shows of all time by Ken Bloom and Frank Vlastnik from 2004.  Lucy gets two nice pictures from Wildcat, the one where she poses with the giant flower and the other one is a group shot with a lot of color, maybe a Spanish number?  Anyhoo, Lucy appears in the text for gary Morton lookalike Cy Coleman and also appears in the text for Carolyn Leigh.  They not only mention Hey, Look me Over but also Give a Little Whistle.  The part called Stars that tried to conquer musicals features Bacall as well as Lucy, Davis and Hepburn.  VERY interesting compilation loaded with facts and a nice tribute to anybody who ever starred or co starred in any major musical of note.

In a second hand shoppe, I was able to get, for the second time, have no idea what I did with the first one, probably gave it away as usual, LIFE magazine's Most Remarkable Women from 1976 with Lucy on the cover.  I was looking for any issue with her on the cover but came up empty, this one was a very special issue.

Our Glorious Century, from Reader's Digest is older, also comes from here as loads of Canadian facts are included and it features Lucy where she almost always appears, Television taking over as the best form of entertainment in the very early fifties.  Two pages of Lucy mentions along with Berle, Godfrey etc . . . then later on, in the list of most popular shows I Love Lucy is tops for the fifties and The Lucy show/Here's Lucy are shown as tops for the sixties.  Again, her two later series are grouped as if they were one, and Beverly Hillbillies is listed as not as popular as Bonanza and Andy Griffith for the sixties so there's something wrong there too.

In a second hand shoppe, I was able to get, for the second time, have no idea what I did with the first one, probably gave it away as usual, LIFE magazine's Most Remarkable Women from 1976 with Lucy on the cover.  I was looking for any issue with her on the cover but came up empty, this one was a very special issue.

I still have not been able to find that one anywhere.

P M me your address and i'll mail it to you, I got it for 8 bucks.  The rather big picture of her inside is of her MGM glory days, showing her looking incredible in her dressing room with all the Dubarry glitz all around her.  A smaller picture graces the cover, but of just her face from the same photo shoot.  I'll gladly send it to you but you have to do something for me in return.  Fix my log in so I can quote again and use the emoticons, IF YOU CAN. 

Our Glorious Century, from Reader's Digest is older, also comes from here as loads of Canadian facts are included and it features Lucy where she almost always appears, Television taking over as the best form of entertainment in the very early fifties.  Two pages of Lucy mentions along with Berle, Godfrey etc . . . then later on, in the list of most popular shows I Love Lucy is tops for the fifties and The Lucy show/Here's Lucy are shown as tops for the sixties.  Again, her two later series are grouped as if they were one, and Beverly Hillbillies is listed as not as popular as Bonanza and Andy Griffith for the sixties so there's something wrong there too.

Claude::  Can you help me with dates of these two volumes?  Thanks if you can.  Love, JK

In spite of a storm, yes, again, will this winter EVER end?  I still managed to go out and find one Lucy book.  It's called THE TV ADDICT'S NOSTALGIA TRIVIA AND QUIZ BOOK.  OMG, I just saw the author, it's Bart Andrews, from '78, although this is a new edition in '84.  Lucy is on the cover as the Queen of the Gypsies along with 14 other tv stars.  There's Lucy on the cover of the very first TV Guide and even an I Love Lucy quiz in there.