Mister Hepburn

New Lucy Books

Review of the Queen of Tuesday book. Oh boy, will I be yelling back at this book. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/books/in-the-queen-of-tuesday-darin-strauss-dreams-up-an-affair-between-lucille-ball-and-his-grandfather/2020/08/10/347f8e04-db1f-11ea-b205-ff838e15a9a6_story.html

Also I came across another book using Lucy's life for fiction called Lucy's Last Honeymoon in Havana.

I’m going to get it from the library because I don’t want to spend money on this book. I might be driven too crazy by the book to get through the whole thing. I know it’s “fictitious” or whatever, but I’m really tired of the narrative that Lucy was a washed up nobody before I Love Lucy began. Lucy was thinking about crawling back to Jamestown in 1949 because she’s an aging actress going nowhere? Ugh. 🙄

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HarryCarter said:

I’m going to get it from the library because I don’t want to spend money on this book. I might be driven too crazy by the book to get through the whole thing. I know it’s “fictitious” or whatever, but I’m really tired of the narrative that Lucy was a washed up nobody before I Love Lucy began. Lucy was thinking about crawling back to Jamestown in 1949 because she’s an aging actress going nowhere? Ugh. 🙄

Same thoughts and I have it on hold at my library too. No way am I paying for this. 

It sounds like an interesting concept, to be sure, and I love the title, but historical fiction of this kind makes it easy for misinformation to spread. There are certainly people who will unfortunately take this as gospel.

I hope his next book isn't a dramatic retelling of the years she was confined to bed due to RA. 

1 hour ago, Mot Morenzi said:

It sounds like an interesting concept, to be sure, and I love the title, but historical fiction of this kind makes it easy for misinformation to spread. There are certainly people who will unfortunately take this as gospel.

I hope his next book isn't a dramatic retelling of the years she was confined to bed due to RA. 

Well, why not? We could do that, too ...and some of us already have our "theories" about that period of her life anyway! :HALKING:

2 hours ago, JoeySoCal said:

Well, why not? We could do that, too ...and some of us already have our "theories" about that period of her life anyway! :HALKING:

Ah. Now that's the book I should write. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HarryCarter said:

Strauss has written an article for Vanity Fair about the cheating of Lucy's "big-boned spouse." 😐

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/08/the-legendary-marriage-of-lucille-ball-and-desi-arnaz

Of all the ways I would think to describe Mr. Arnaz, "big boned" is not one of them!  :HALKING: