LucyFest 2015

Great photos from all the events.  I was working and could only attend Seinfeld.  He was great.  This was my third time seeing him and this was by far his best show!  And I was expecting an unknown comic for the opener and was pleasantly surprised that it was Larry Miller.  I saw both Jerry and Larry in the same week at Chautauqua in the 1980s (when they were relative unknowns).  So that was a treat.

I was in the second row for Jerry's show, but of course I did not bring my camera.  If anyone has good photos that wouldn't mind emailing me copies of, I would appreciate it.  I can send my email in a private message.  Thanks.

Anyone returning to town for Carol Burnett in a couple of weeks?

Hmmmm... Can you give it another shot now?

Apparently that link doesn't work on mobile devices.  Works fine on my desktop.  Thanks for all those great pictures.

Does anyone know what the stuff in the silent auction went for?

Also those color photos from the Jamestown premiere were some of the first candid color photos I ever saw of Lucy and Desi (outside the home movies) and have loved them ever since.

Apparently that link doesn't work on mobile devices.  Works fine on my desktop.  Thanks for all those great pictures.

Also those color photos from the Jamestown premiere were some of the first candid color photos I ever saw of Lucy and Desi (outside the home movies) and have loved them ever since.

I'm not sure... I think Viv's shawl went for $751. I would feel horrible to have lost by a $1 difference.I think that the glasses went for like $200, but I'm also not positive. Brock was trying to find someone who could inform us of the closing bids but none of the Center's volunteers knew.

And yes, I love those color pictures in the Fenton!

I DO know Mr. McCullough got the swivel chair for Gregg, Jr. - WOW!  What a lovely addition to his new apartment and new librarian job city in Delaware!!!!  Hopiefully, he can get time off to get here in October!!!!

• Like 1

I would think they would want someone that hasn't sued the center...

WHAT I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ARE THE 'TERMS' OF THE COURT SETTLEMENT

- KNOWING WHAT I DO KNOW ABOUT HIS TACTICS AND BEHIND-THE-DOOR HABITS , HE NO DOUBT INSISTED, AS PART OF ANY SETTLEMENT, THAT AFTER A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF TIME, HE BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE AGAIN!!!!! 

PERHAPS SOMEONE WITH A GREAT AMOUNT OF TIME AND ENERGY COULD SOLICIT THAT INFORMATION THROUGH THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT.

I KNOW THERE ARE 'FOLKS' AROUND WHO KNOW THE DETAILS; BUT, DON'T HAVE THE GRANOLAS SUFFICIENT TO COME FORWARD...... 

NOW WOULD B A GOOD TIME, SINCE SOMEONE HAS NOW  RE-VISITED THIS TERRIBLE CHAPTER IN THE CENTER'S HISTORY.

WHAT I DO WANT OTHERS TO KNOW IS, WE, AS RABID FANS OF LUCILLE BALL AND COMPANY, HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING  WHAT LOYALTY IS IN THE HEARTS OF ANY PERSON IN CHARGE.  ONCE DISCOVERED, AND IT WAS, IT WAS TIME FOR THE CHANGE IN CHARGE......

Here's a good reason why I asked to see the list of auction winners: the LD Center called to inform me this afternoon I actually won an item in the silent auction. Good to know, four days after I left Jamestown! :blink: I wonder someone outbid me and later backed out...

Here's a good reason why I asked to see the list of auction winners: the LD Center called to inform me this afternoon I actually won an item in the silent auction. Good to know, four days after I left Jamestown! :blink: I wonder someone outbid me and later backed out...

The Center still has an 800 #, don't they?  Call and have them ship it to you.....  I'm sure they still have mail order privileges and someone must be in charge. 

Does anyone have pictures of the Bob Art collection exhibit? Also the paintings of Desi's that were included. What were his of?

Justin may have snuck a few, but the L-D volunteers were very strict about not taking photos here. The one exception was the Vitameatavegamin soap carving.

Why would the center have Ric involved in any of their events? There are plenty of other people with vast knowledge of Lucy that could moderate these events! I think this is terrible after everything that he has done!

Amen to that!  I was jolly well p*ssed when I heard that he was there in such a capacity.  If they're looking for someone to be involved like RW was at this year's festival, why not ask a fan (or fans), such as those of us on this Lounge?  Odds are they would have gotten several volunteers to do so.  ;)

• Like 1

Amen to that! I was jolly well p*ssed when I heard that he was there in such a capacity. If they're looking for someone to be involved like RW was at this year's festival, why not ask a fan (or fans), such as those of us on this Lounge? Odds are they would have gotten several volunteers to do so. ;)

Glad to see someone agrees!!!