BELIEVE

I was watching The Lucy Show the other day.. season 5 episodes.  Then I popped in season 1 and was watching some episodes from that season.  I used to not care for The Lucy Show as much as I Love Lucy .. I mean let's face facts.. I Love Lucy is a pretty hard act to follow.  BUT.. on it's own The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy for that matter,  have some very interesting and entertaining episodes.  Last night I started my evening out with The Fuller Brush Girl.  I found that a delight to revisit and then put Season ! of The Lucy Show in.. and put it on repeat so I would wake up to it.  (I really need my LUCY fix this week!)  Anyhow, I got to thinking about how Miss Ball said "Believe.. there is just no other way to put it.. if you say Well I can't believe that that mouse will turn into an elephant.. Well you can make US believe it"... and woke up to Lucy riding that horse next to a train window and talking to Viv... yeah a pretty hard thing for us to believe (today..) but THEY believed it.. and so I thought "go with it".. and you know.. it's a very fun episode.. yeah far fetched.. but let's realize this is comedy filmed in front of a LIVE audience.. not take after take and pieced together in editing.. so I gotta  hand it to THEM.. they  pulled it off well.   SHE pulls it off well .. I mean in the Fuller Brush Girl some really silly things happen to her.. but she makes it seem REALISTIC.  Not many can pull that off... I fall in LOVE with her again during these moments.. I get that "elated.. visceral.. happy" feeling... She is kinda like a drug to me... I can't explain it any better than that.

I watch episodes like MOONEY THE MONKEY and although some may find it too far fetched... HER reaction when she thinks maybe she is working too hard and sees a monkey where she thought Mr. Mooney was sitting.. her eyes bugging out and the thoughts racing through her mind at THAT moment are, to me, some of the best comedy moments she has ever delivered.  It's her honesty and vulnerability that consistently draw me back to her again and again. The other day,  I watched that first Emmy win for The Lucy Show and when her name is announced and her mouth drops open and she puts that hand over her mouth.. she starts shaking her head.. and then you see her kind of compose herself and walk up to that podium with her head held high and her back so straight... I just want to grab her and give her a big hug and kiss and say "HONEY.. TAKE IT IN IT'S ALL FOR YOU!"

I love her believability and her truthful honest style when performing..  I bet that is why we still revere her to this day..  I mean she's in prime time again for Christ sake!

• Like 2

I was watching The Lucy Show the other day.. season 5 episodes.  Then I popped in season 1 and was watching some episodes from that season.  I used to not care for The Lucy Show as much as I Love Lucy .. I mean let's face facts.. I Love Lucy is a pretty hard act to follow.  BUT.. on it's own The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy for that matter,  have some very interesting and entertaining episodes.  Last night I started my evening out with The Fuller Brush Girl.  I found that a delight to revisit and then put Season ! of The Lucy Show in.. and put it on repeat so I would wake up to it.  (I really need my LUCY fix this week!)  Anyhow, I got to thinking about how Miss Ball said "Believe.. there is just no other way to put it.. if you say Well I can't believe that that mouse will turn into an elephant.. Well you can make US believe it"... and woke up to Lucy riding that horse next to a train window and talking to Viv... yeah a pretty hard thing for us to believe (today..) but THEY believed it.. and so I thought "go with it".. and you know.. it's a very fun episode.. yeah far fetched.. but let's realize this is comedy filmed in front of a LIVE audience.. not take after take and pieced together in editing.. so I gotta  hand it to THEM.. they  pulled it off well.   SHE pulls it off well .. I mean in the Fuller Brush Girl some really silly things happen to her.. but she makes it seem REALISTIC.  Not many can pull that off... I fall in LOVE with her again during these moments.. I get that "elated.. visceral.. happy" feeling... She is kinda like a drug to me... I can't explain it any better than that.

I watch episodes like MOONEY THE MONKEY and although some may find it too far fetched... HER reaction when she thinks maybe she is working too hard and sees a monkey where she thought Mr. Mooney was sitting.. her eyes bugging out and the thoughts racing through her mind at THAT moment are, to me, some of the best comedy moments she has ever delivered.  It's her honesty and vulnerability that consistently draw me back to her again and again. The other day,  I watched that first Emmy win for The Lucy Show and when her name is announced and her mouth drops open and she puts that hand over her mouth.. she starts shaking her head.. and then you see her kind of compose herself and walk up to that podium with her head held high and her back so straight... I just want to grab her and give her a big hug and kiss and say "HONEY.. TAKE IT IN IT'S ALL FOR YOU!"

I love her believability and her truthful honest style when performing..  I bet that is why we still revere her to this day..  I mean she's in prime time again for Christ sake!

Wow, perhaps your best post E V E R !  Very well said too.