JIM BAILEY

rickee

I don't have a favorite female singer, but Red Skelton would be my favorite comedian, although Jack Benny ranks up there too. Favorite movie actors are Davis and Lemmon.

Oh, so we match again, i always worshiped Lemmon, one of the all time best actors in all of show business.  As for Skelton, real comic genius who i also adored, however, i found the fact that Jack Benny could make the audience laugh non stop from just a pause or stare on his part was incomparable.  Seeing Lucy work with either of those gifted funny men always made my day.  As for Davis, always loved her and watched every film she was ever in, the old classics i don't care as much about but her later ones i never missed, just thought less of her when i read all those bios that said she could be so vain and bitchy to people around her.  And as much as i think Lucy looked terrible sometimes at the end of her life, she was a beautiful screen Goddess compared to Bette.  I think Marlene and Garbo and Crawford were right to stay hidden at the end of their lives to keep the illusion of beauty they once had, Bette was too much of a ham to give that up, so she ended up looking grotesque after her stroke and cancer.  Truly one of the greatest actresses ever though.  Again my opinions are tainted by the way she would treat Lucy over the decades.

• Like 1

Oh, so we match again, i always worshiped Lemmon, one of the all time best actors in all of show business.  As for Skelton, real comic genius who i also adored, however, i found the fact that Jack Benny could make the audience laugh non stop from just a pause or stare on his part was incomparable.  Seeing Lucy work with either of those gifted funny men always made my day.  As for Davis, always loved her and watched every film she was ever in, the old classics i don't care as much about but her later ones i never missed, just thought less of her when i read all those bios that said she could be so vain and bitchy to people around her.  And as much as i think Lucy looked terrible sometimes at the end of her life, she was a beautiful screen Goddess compared to Bette.  I think Marlene and Garbo and Crawford were right to stay hidden at the end of their lives to keep the illusion of beauty they once had, Bette was too much of a ham to give that up, so she ended up looking grotesque after her stroke and cancer.  Truly one of the greatest actresses ever though.  Again my opinions are tainted by the way she would treat Lucy over the decades.

Come to think of it, I've never seen a picture of Dietrich past 1975. Garbo, on the other hand, looked like Florabelle later in her life. Lucy may have worn a lot of makeup and sounded pretty deep, but she still had it together on an extreme level even up until the '89 Oscars.

Come to think of it, I've never seen a picture of Dietrich past 1975. Garbo, on the other hand, looked like Florabelle later in her life. Lucy may have worn a lot of makeup and sounded pretty deep, but she still had it together on an extreme level even up until the '89 Oscars.

Oh yessssssssssssss, Lucy looked terrific at the Oscars, more outside than inside though, dunno why, but i meant when in candid shots without much make up, like the shot of her in her kitchen in the Brochu book or some by Lee Tannen.  They were a shock to me, having always seen her made up to the gills.

• Like 1