She really is one of my favorite movie stars ever. A great talent and unbelievably beautiful. She was great in The Big Sleep of course and she was in one of my all time favorites, Murder On The Orient Express. I most recently watched her in Applause, the musical version of All About Eve. Anybody else get a kick out of her?

She really is one of my favorite movie stars ever. A great talent and unbelievably beautiful. She was great in The Big Sleep of course and she was in one of my all time favorites, Murder On The Orient Express. I most recently watched her in Applause, the musical version of All About Eve. Anybody else get a kick out of her?

Don't care much for her really old movies but loved her in The Fan which i just watched a few nights ago AND loved her on Broadway, saw clips of her show on the Tonys.

In 2 Broadway musicals.  Won the Tony each time.  A reviewer described her singing in "Applause" as like "an on-key foghorn".  Well, at least she was on-key.  Her 2nd win 11 years later was for a lesser known work "Woman of the Year", not Kander and Ebb's best score, but "The Grass in Always Greener" duet with Marilyn Cooper was a show stopper.   At 57, Lauren was playing the role that Katharine Hepburn played in the movies at 35.  On stage, no one seems to carp about inappropriate age roles.  Look at Mary Martin playing a postulate nun at 47 in Sound of Music.

In 2 Broadway musicals.  Won the Tony each time.  A reviewer described her singing in "Applause" as like "an on-key foghorn".  Well, at least she was on-key.  Her 2nd win 11 years later was for a lesser known work "Woman of the Year", not Kander and Ebb's best score, but "The Grass in Always Greener" duet with Marilyn Cooper was a show stopper.   At 57, Lauren was playing the role that Katharine Hepburn played in the movies at 35.  On stage, no one seems to carp about inappropriate age roles.  Look at Mary Martin playing a postulate nun at 47 in Sound of Music.

Thanks so much, for years i wondered what that great number was from when i heard Raquel Welch sing it on the Tonys with her partner who had been a hit in the show, i guess Raquel replaced Lauren after a while.

Thanks so much, for years i wondered what that great number was from when i heard Raquel Welch sing it on the Tonys with her partner who had been a hit in the show, i guess Raquel replaced Lauren after a while.

Then Debby Reynolds briefly before the show closed.

On Applause:

Being a semi-fan of All About Eve was my only reason for watching this. I have to say, it was a tad bit underwhelming. The two best numbers are the ones you hear all the time: But Alive and Welcome To The Theatre. I do have Fasten Your Seatbelts stuck in my head even though the song itself was disappointing. I liked the idea of making Thelma Ritter's character a guy. Celeste Holm's character was not used enough in this.

But it's a terrific song, YOU CAN HAVE MY HUSBAND, I'VE ALREADY HAD YOUR HUSBAND . . . . The lady doing it with her was incredible with her comedic delivery just flawless. Wish i knew her name.

That was Marilyn Cooper who won the Tony Award for her performance, which only consisted of one scene.

That was Marilyn Cooper who won the Tony Award for her performance, which only consisted of one scene.

Really?  Sort of like Beatrice Straight and her Oscar bid huh?  I play it over and over just to hear Ms Cooper get her laughs with her awesome delivery of those few lines.