What would be on YOUR Desilu network schedule?

Her four series of course, all her specials and a game show here and a talk show there.  What OTHER Desilu series would YOU like to see on there?  December Bride, Mothers in Law, and how about all those great shows FILMED there like Dick Van Dyke and Andy Griffith among so many others.

How about a Carole Cook talk show with Lucy connected guests every day, reminiscing about the days where comedies were actually funny.  BAN JERRY LEWIS FROM APPEARING THOUGH.

This is brilliant. I'd also suggest a "The View"-style gab fest featuring Carole, Robert, Kaye, THE MOVIE STAR!!!, and Don Rickles.

This is brilliant. I'd also suggest a "The View"-style gab fest featuring Carole, Robert, Kaye, THE MOVIE STAR!!!, and Don Rickles.

Great idea! First guests would be Janet Waldo and Michael Stern, and Carol Channing would make an appearance to promote the reboot of The Carol Channing Show.

But do you really think they could get THE STAR to be a panelist? She's quite busy in all those big budget movies of hers.

Robert was getting outnumbered.

How about Norman Lear instead?

Rickles is fine, norman can keep tinkering with his anti piracy contraptions and beg them to show HIS shows which certainly have NOT stood the test of time as I Love Lucy did.  I have to say it hurt me a lot to see Lucy standing next to him at that Television Hall of Fame when they were both inducted at the same time.

I think I tell you that Norman Lear had nothing to do with Macrovision about as many times as you explain the Barbara Walters interview.

Remember those two dogs in cartoons, the big burly one and the tiny little yapper who runs around him singing his praises, reminds me of that every time i see you hand me a zinger and harry carter comes in for a LIKE, you've trained him well.  

• Like 1

I wish they'd get that Mietta guy from the dvds to do a show, he was just great and quite the looker too!

NOW you're talking! Please no Michael Stern keep it to "real" stars who actually worked with The Lady!! Despite this being a great idea in theory, you realize you're talking about 500 years of age between them!!! If this were to happen, it'd better happen SOON!!! :lucyeww:

I'd have the 7:30 to 9:30 CBS Monday comedy block on CBS be "Glynis", "Maggie Brown", "The Lucy Show" and "That Thelma!"  a Lucy-Show spinoff where Thelma Green (Carole Cook) leaves the Four Alarms and parlays the New York State Barbershop Quartet championship into  a solo singing career bound for Broadway, co-starring Jack Weston as her manager/agent/sometime romantic interest. Alternate series titles considered: "Green with Envy" "Turning Green" and "Thelma's Theater"

• Like 1

I'd have the 7:30 to 9:30 CBS Monday comedy block on CBS be "Glynis", "Maggie Brown", "The Lucy Show" and "That Thelma!"  a Lucy-Show spinoff where Thelma Green (Carole Cook) leaves the Four Alarms and parlays the New York State Barbershop Quartet championship into  a solo singing career bound for Broadway, co-starring Jack Weston as her manager/agent/sometime romantic interest. Alternate series titles considered: "Green with Envy" "Turning Green" and "Thelma's Theater"

Now THAT'S an idea! Funny Carole never got her own sitcom or at least a regular supporting role on one -- talk about made to order!! :vanda:

Why couldn't they just put Carole in a Ma Parker spinoff? It would've given Jerry Maren some decent work.

Now that's SICK  (and I don't mean good.  I found out that when  young people say "that's sick" which means "that's awesome" or something).

Even though CBS was the ratings leader in 1970, they were still giving us shows like  "Me and the Chimp" and "The Queen and I" (with Larry/ Storch) and had only in the past few years passed on "Maggie Brown" in favor of "It's About Time", so a "Ma Parker" series is not entirely out of the question.

And as awful as the episode is, you can't fault Carole who commits wholeheartedly to the material.  But a complete waste of her talents and Harry Hickox's for that matter.

Is "Ma Parker" the "Drafted" of "Here's Lucy"?  Or does that award go to "Lucy's Safari" with Howard Keel  "Tennessee Ernie's Fun Farm" or my personal #144 "Lucy's Bonus Bounces"? (even the title doesn't make sense!)

Did Carole's sitcom ever play on "Vacation Playhouse"?  Do you know the premise?