Lucy and the Gang on the Big Screen!

Seeing Forever Darling in 1996 at the Lucy festival in the same theater it premiered at has got to be my highlight.

I really wish TCM would do a Lucy movie with Fanthome events.  I know when Joe lived in my area he mentioned to me that he met a woman who ran a local theater in our area and they talked about doing a Lucy festival movie day.

I went to a screening of Mame a few years ago. A lot of people went to laugh, but Lucy won them over by the end. It was fantastic to see on the big screen. I've also seen Roman Scandals, Blood Money, The Bowery, Thousands Cheer, and A Guide for the Married Man. It was a lot of fun hearing the audience murmur excitedly when Lucy appear onscreen in the first two.

• Like 1

Was this the Lucy the bit player film festival?

The Film Forum in Manhattan did a festival of Pre-Code films and those three were included. Thousands Cheer and A Guide for the Married Man I saw at Lincoln Center as part of a Gene Kelly centennial celebration. I was hoping they would show DuBarry Was A Lady, which would be the Lucy movie I would want to see most on the big screen.

The Film Forum in Manhattan did a festival of Pre-Code films and those three were included. Thousands Cheer and A Guide for the Married Man I saw at Lincoln Center as part of a Gene Kelly centennial celebration. I was hoping they would show DuBarry Was A Lady, which would be the Lucy movie I would want to see most on the big screen.

DuBarry would be great on the big screen!

I wish Lucy had done more precodes. 

I played Lucy and the Monsters at a Halloween Party we had at the drive in I manage.  We have digital projectors and I ran our dvd player through it.  I loved seeing that episode on the big screen.  Then we played 2 movies that the employees wanted to see and then we played what I wanted to see.  Whatever Happened to Baby Jane.  Wow.. what a fun night for me anyway lol!!!

This isn't one of the TV Movies. This was 3 ILL episodes strung together with a bit of backstage footage and Desi doing a warmup and introducton of the cast. It is what it would be like to go to a filming. It was made prior to Trailer. Once MGM decided to do that this film was looked on as competition and never released. It was thought lost but I believe Dann and Gregg did some digging and found it.

It is on DVD and maybe YouTube.

I played Lucy and the Monsters at a Halloween Party we had at the drive in I manage.  We have digital projectors and I ran our dvd player through it.  I loved seeing that episode on the big screen.  Then we played 2 movies that the employees wanted to see and then we played what I wanted to see.  Whatever Happened to Baby Jane.  Wow.. what a fun night for me anyway lol!!!

What were the other two movies?

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...