Cozi TV's "Here's Lucy" tribute special to air July 25

Brock

Just got word from Cozi TV that the fan documentary on Here's Lucy they shot in Jamestown last year will premiere on the channel at 7 p.m. on Saturday, July 25, with repeat screenings the following day at 5.30 and 11.30 p.m. Additional airings will take place in August. In addition, it will be screened at the Lucille Ball Little Theatre during this year's Lucy Fest.

• Like 1

I have Cozi on my cable channels and didn't even know it!

However under the time period Cozi's website says "Cozi Tribute to Lucille Ball", my on-screen guide from the cable company has listed "Lucille Ball" and in the description for the half-hour show says "Lucy and Jackie Gleason perform in 3 sketches in this comedy/drama" .

Has Cozi run any of the specials?  

What a great little doc!

I recognized two of the "superfans" our own Harry and Brock (though one is now a shadow of his former self) but not the other two.  Are they people on the board?  Please identify yourselves.

Glad they included clips of "Kim Moves Out" and "Ginger Comes to Tea" two of my favorites, and "Goes Hawaiian part 2", my co-favorite Viv episode. ("With Friends Like Viv...." would be my favorite except for the last scene)

I may have mentioned a time or two that I'm not wild about "Generation Gap" musical.   Lucy looks so great in "Carol Burnett/Gym Musical" but I wish she had done her own singing.    One more carp about "Carol/Gym".  If they have no gymnasium, where have they been keeping all that gymnastic equipment?  In their "great big commissary"??

Cozi doesn't air in Canada, so I won't be able to see the doc until Jamestown this week, but I understand one of the other interviewees was Gregg McCullough. He posts here occasionally as MaryJaneFan.

How much of the doc was devoted to the Jay Leno interview?

Cozi doesn't air in Canada, so I won't be able to see the doc until Jamestown this week, but I understand one of the other interviewees was Gregg McCullough. He posts here occasionally as MaryJaneFan.

How much of the doc was devoted to the Jay Leno interview?

Very little.  Included was his story about seeing her on Rodeo Drive and that's about it.  You "superfans" got a lot of air time.

Just got done watching this.  It was really awesome to essentially watch a tribute to Here's Lucy narrated by our fabulous lounge members.  Great job to Jimmy, Brock and Greg.  They did a good job editing your factual information into a nice coherent story.   Did the interviewer structure their questions to lead you guys in this direction? Brock don't worry you don't have any bad closeups.

I think they could have shown a little more of the inside of the museums to get some excitement about what visitors can see if they make a trip. I know the Hall of Fame is the big thing but try to get the people there with what they know and love first.

The use of the Leno, Caroline and Tom were fine and glad they didn't take up too much of this.  Our crew here really got the bulk of the special which made me happy.

• Like 1

I forgot to watch on Saturday. I rushed home to watch today at 5:30, but that broadcast got preempted. And the 11:30 broadcast tonight is way past my bedtime. Does anybody know if Cozi will be airing this again after tonight?

The special is supposed to be repeated through August. I think the times might be different throughout the country. Here in New York it's on at 6:30am and 6:00pm tomorrow.

Did the interviewer structure their questions to lead you guys in this direction?

Speaking only for myself, they send ahead a sample list of about 20 questions to get the creative juices flowing but I found once the interview got going, they only got through about half and questions started to follow the natural flow of the conversation.

Overwhelmed by the reception of their "Here's Lucy" tribute, Cozi decides to delve into original programming with a series using old Here's Lucy scripts but with a completely different characters and hold open auditions in which our two star interviewees come up with their own series ideas:

"Jimmied Up"  about a young video archivist and his hankering to rub elbows with the stars.  Audition script: "Shirley MacLaine Comes to Tea".  When Shirley turns it down, Jimmy next approaches Cybill Shepherd, but her salary demands exceeds the Cozi budget so he must do a settle for "Michael Stern Comes to Tea".   In the rewrite version, Jimmy attends a reading of the play version of Michael Stern's "I Had a Ball" book and makes cracks about Stern's #1 fan status unawares that Michael is sitting next to him incognito.  When Stern leaves in a huff, Jimmy finds he has left his autograph book behind.  Michael Stern: Himself. Actor on stage portraying Stern: Stu Shostak.

"Chip Off the Old Brock" in which Brock co-stars with Stanley Livingston reprising his "My 3 Sons" character.  For the pilot, Brock puts together a medley of those old familiar Canadian city songs and approaches Carol Burnett at one of her Q&A shows convincing her to do a benefit musical act with him and Chip.

• Like 1