Post-Journal Article

The Post Journal, Jamestown NY - Next Chapter - 'Laughter On The Lake' A New Era For Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Center - “Thursday evening may have marked the last Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Center series of comedians, 'Laughter on the Lake'; but, it is also a clear sign of a new beginning for the Center according to 'current' Board President, Tom Benson. ...'an aggressive expansion plan for the Center... will see the strengthening of its Lucy-Desi Museum and ('I Love Lucy') Playhouse operations and the development of an over-arching 'Legacy of Laughter' program ... designed to promote comedy and laughter on a much-broader scale... preserve the incredible contributions of Lucy and Desi through the transformation of Jamestown into the Comedy Center of America. ...four segments: 'Legacy of Laughter Award and Hall of Fame [annually]; ...the Festival of New Comedy; ...Short Comedic Film Festival, delving into comedic theater; ... and... the development of comedic education program in conjunction with an accredited university ...with satellite programs in Jamestown and the surrounding region... focusing on the healing power of laughter ... provide services to local health care institutions... all included in plans for Lucy's 100th birthday celebration August 2011...details forthcoming'...,†published this date in 2010.

Until I find out how my chronology will be presented over here; if it WILL be, I'll add what I was going to add the day the LOUNGE FORUM 'ended'....may it rest in peace....joyce kellogg :angry:

...four segments: 'Legacy of Laughter Award and Hall of Fame [annually]; ...

That's an excellent idea. I look forward to seeing what they will come up with for this and who they choose to honour. It might be a great way to bring some of the "old school" comedians back to town like the early years of the Festival of New Comedy.

Until I find out how my chronology will be presented over here; if it WILL be,

Please keep it going! Those were very enjoyable. :)

• 3 weeks later...

leenorman, on 22 August 2010 - 05:18 PM, said:

Until I find out how my chronology will be presented over here; if it WILL be, I'll add what I was going to add the day the LOUNGE FORUM 'ended'....may it rest in peace....joyce kellogg

I'm...confused?

Sorry if I worded that wrongly; I was just confused myself when we 'crashed' on the other site; and whether or not to print the chronology; so, I added my comment to this 'subject' matter, since I am from the Jamestown area.

To save adding another topic, I'll add to this one. For those you who are familiar with the last of the 'old school' employees of the Museum et all, Libby Nord, has now gone on to another 'job'; that of running her ballet school. We wish her well. I have no details about her departure; so, if anyone else wants to expand on this topic, I'd be really interested to learn about this mysterious 'leaving'....

To save adding another topic, I'll add to this one. For those you who are familiar with the last of the 'old school' employees of the Museum et all, Libby Nord, has now gone on to another 'job'; that of running her ballet school. We wish her well. I have no details about her departure; so, if anyone else wants to expand on this topic, I'd be really interested to learn about this mysterious 'leaving'....

Really? That's too bad. Libby was always so friendly and organized. Who is left? Who's running the show now?

I'm reluctant to renew my membership at the moment because we don't seem to get any communication on what is going on.

Really? That's too bad. Libby was always so friendly and organized. Who is left? Who's running the show now?

I'm reluctant to renew my membership at the moment because we don't seem to get any communication on what is going on.

Your guess is as good as mine, Brock; even those of us who live here are confused and 'in the dark' as to what is going on behind the scenes....[shades of the same 'sort of thin' from years ago under another regime].

I believe, though, that EVERYONE who worked for arrdubya and company are no longer with the Center. There is a small amount of gossip about the 'search' for a new executive director; when I hear anything definite, I shall bring it to this Forum.....

I would say, though, that memberships and renewals of memberships; would be VERY IMPORTANT to the future of the Center. Revenues and SALES are what keep it afloat, after all.......JK :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Your guess is as good as mine, Brock; even those of us who live here are confused and 'in the dark' as to what is going on behind the scenes....[shades of the same 'sort of thin' from years ago under another regime].

I believe, though, that EVERYONE who worked for arrdubya and company are no longer with the Center. There is a small amount of gossip about the 'search' for a new executive director; when I hear anything definite, I shall bring it to this Forum.....

I would say, though, that memberships and renewals of memberships; would be VERY IMPORTANT to the future of the Center. Revenues and SALES are what keep it afloat, after all.......JK :rolleyes:

I totally agree! While I'm saddened by Libby's departure and the lack of communication with the fans and membership, I fully agree that we must continue - and even increase - our support of the Center through memberships, buying merchandise, donations, etc. Financial support of any kind is really needed. From what I've heard, finances is one of the reasons they're not doing a May festival in 2010 - the Center wants to consolidate resources to make one big festival in August for Lucy's 100th.

MJF

Archived