Sign in to follow this  
Brock

Cate Blanchett to star in Lucille Ball biopic written by Sorkin

26 minutes ago, Neil said:

Spoiler alert:  they get divorced...

Am I mistaken or in Desi's "A Book", did he suggest Lucy actually tried to kill him FOR REAL with a gun that turned out to be a cigarette lighter---and he calmly lit his cigarette from the flame?   There are SO many things wrong with this story.  First off, wouldn't Lucy know it's not a real gun (and she obviously didn't try to load it)?  And it's nice of Lucy to keep the flame going by keeping her finger solidly on the trigger, so Desi could do his cigarette lighting bit....yeah, right. 

Don't forget in Lucy's book she talked about hitting Desi with a cast iron pan and knocking him out. She thought she killed him and her and Harriet were trying to come up with a plan.  So it seems like these 2 both could weave a tale that sounded like a plot from their own show. 

This movie seems to be taking so long to get going, it wouldn't be surprising to me to hear they are "shoveling the picture" a la Don Juan.....  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HarryCarter said:

Lucie and Kate did a great Instagram Live today and mentioned that, with all the production delays, Cate is no longer attached to the picture. 

Interesting. I sort of thought this would happen. Cate seems very busy with lots of stuff.

Any other news from Lucy Land they shared?

4 hours ago, Luvsbway said:

Interesting. I sort of thought this would happen. Cate seems very busy with lots of stuff.

Any other news from Lucy Land they shared?

I don’t recall any other breaking news. In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, they mainly took questions about what Desi would think about certain current events and what advice he would give. I hope they continue to do these videos. Next time they should make it so they can continue to be viewed afterwards. 

They made it seem like they were looking for another actress to play Lucy and planning to proceed with the project. 

1 hour ago, HarryCarter said:

They made it seem like they were looking for another actress to play Lucy and planning to proceed with the project. 

This will be an interesting search. Who else today could play Lucille, I wonder?

7 hours ago, Mot Morenzi said:

This will be an interesting search. Who else today could play Lucille, I wonder?

If I have to hear another round of Debra Messing. She got her Lucy Ricardo shot, hope that satisfied the masses.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HarryCarter said:

I hope they continue to do these videos. Next time they should make it so they can continue to be viewed afterwards. 

Yes, I know I've seen other accounts repost live things.