2015 I Love Lucy Christmas Special -- Wed. Dec. 23 8 p.m. on CBS

Brock

2lv06sh.jpg

From Broadway World:

Ring in the holidays with the I LOVE LUCY CHRISTMAS SPECIAL, a new one-hour special featuring two back-to-back colorized classic episodes of the series, to be broadcast Wednesday, Dec. 23 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

The I LOVE LUCY CHRISTMAS SPECIAL features "The Christmas Episode," colorized in its entirety for the first time, and the newly colorized "Lucy Does a TV Commercial" (aka "Vitameatavegamin"). Both were colorized with a vintage look, a nod to the 1950s period in which the shows were filmed. The main titles and end credits of the two episodes are seamlessly combined into one set at the beginning and end of the hour, with no interruption between the episodes.

Similar "I Love Lucy Christmas Specials" have aired on the Network the past two years, each combining the holiday-themed episode with yet a different comedy classic. The 2013 special included "Lucy's Italian Movie" (aka "Grape Stomping") and last year's show included "Job Switching" (aka "Chocolate Factory"). This year's special includes flashback scenes within "The Christmas Episode" that until now have always been presented in black and white, including the heartwarming scene in which Lucy Ricardo tells her husband, Ricky, that they are going to have a baby.

"The Christmas Episode" finds the Ricardos and Mertzes decorating Lucy and Ricky's Christmas tree and reminiscing about how their lives have changed since the arrival of the Ricardos' son, Little Ricky (Keith Thibodeaux). Flashbacks recall the night Lucy tells Ricky she is pregnant, the time Lucy shows up unexpectedly as part of a barbershop quartet and the day Ricky and the Mertzes rehearse taking Lucy to the maternity ward.

"The Christmas Episode" was first broadcast on CBS in December 1956. The episode was not included in the series' long history of rebroadcasts, first on CBS Daytime and later in syndication. Thought to be lost, CBS rediscovered the episode in 1989.

In "Lucy Does a TV Commercial," Lucy connives to land a job doing the commercial on Ricky's TV variety show. Little does she know that the health tonic she is asked to sell, Vitameatavegamin, contains 23 percent alcohol.

"Lucy Does a TV Commercial" was originally broadcast April 5, 1952, and became an instant classic. The 11-minute scene, presented here without interruption, in which Lucy rehearses her sales spiel and becomes increasingly, but unwittingly, inebriated, is considered to be one of Lucille Ball's finest performances.

"I Love Lucy" was broadcast on CBS from Oct. 15, 1951 through June 24, 1957. It was voted "The Best TV Show of All Time" in a 2012 viewer poll conducted by People magazine and ABC News. "I Love Lucy" stars Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz as Lucy and Ricky Ricardo, and Vivian Vance and William Frawley as the Ricardo's friends and landlords, Ethel and Fred Mertz.

Not exactly an inspired choice of episode to colour, but it will bring in the ratings!

• Like 1

This year's special includes flashback scenes within "The Christmas Episode" that until now have always been presented in black and white, including the heartwarming scene in which Lucy Ricardo tells her husband, Ricky, that they are going to have a baby.

Wait... am I reading this correctly or does this say that the flashbacks are going to be in color? I'm assuming that isn't so, but the wording makes it sound like they're being colorized.

Wait... am I reading this correctly or does this say that the flashbacks are going to be in color? I'm assuming that isn't so, but the wording makes it sound like they're being colorized.

Yes...they were colorized recently and will be shown as such in the updated Xmas episode.

• Like 1

Thanks for the super news! Now will we get the new Christmas show with the color flashbacks, Lucy Does A TV Commercial, Lucy And Superman and LA At Last in color on dvd any time soon? I hope so because I want to see the new color shows complete. Another great I Love Lucy Christmas Special for 2015. Thanks to all involved with the great color shows. Very nice work.

I couldn't be happier that this is turning into a tradition, BUT I can only hope the next installment will be Connecticut-based.

If they were to colorize a Connecticut-based episode, I would prefer that not be one of the half-hour episodes, but either "The Celebrity Next Door" or "Lucy Makes Room for Danny," both of which are funnier than any of the half-hour Connecticut episodes.  Actually, I think "Lucy Makes Room for Danny" would be best because it would offer both indoor and outdoor scenes.  I would love to see that snowball fight in color!

• Like 1

12193393_973843169328238_222979541654089BETTER LATE THAN NEVER: On December 10, 1990, CBS aired The "I Love Lucy" Christmas Show, as a prime time special. The network decided to colorize the "wrap-around" scenes/segments, from the Christmas Show (The flashbacks were all shown in B&W.)

In December of 2013, The CBS Television Network aired The "I Love Lucy" Christmas Show, as a prime time special. The network decided to update, revise and re-colorize the "wrap-around" scenes/segments, from the Christmas Show. Once again, (The flashbacks were all shown in B&W.)

On Wednesday, December 23, 2015 (The fourth time around), the Christmas episode itself will be presented for the first time entirely in color (The flashbacks will all be shown in color).

For the first time ever (ever!), the show will air in color. Back-to-back. Without commercial interruptions.

I can't wait, and I'm excited. Dreams come true, and good things come to those who wait. This is by far my best Christmas gift/present, yet.

Never say never! Nothing's impossible! If not now, when?

XXX'OOO!12193393_973843169328238_222979541654089

I hope they don't do any more colorizations. The black-and-white photography on the show is perfect!

Exactly! :peachonthebeach:

When are we going to start seeing more photos, videos, still photographs, screenshots, ads, promos, previews and bumpers of the forthcoming "I Love Lucy" Colorized Christmas Special", especially "Lucy Does a TV Commercial" and the newly colorized flashbacks?

All too soon unfortunately! :lucywow::HALKING:

• 3 weeks later...