2015 I Love Lucy Christmas Special -- Wed. Dec. 23 8 p.m. on CBS

Brock

Another great I Love Lucy color Christmas Special. A super color job on the flashback parts and Lucy Does A TV Commercial. Since the special was aired so close to Christmas this year I guess that rules out a repeat of the special for 2015. Hopefully CBS will release LA At Last, Lucy and Superman, the Christmas show with the color flashbacks and Lucy Does A TV Commercial in color on dvd in the near future. I would love to see the shows complete in color on dvd. Again thanks to all involved for another great Christmas special.

Any overnight ratings yet?

Ratings: I Love Lucy Easily Draws Biggest Audience on Quiet Wednesday

CBS’ double helping of colorized I Love Lucy episodes on Wednesday averaged 7.4 million total viewers and a 1.1 demo rating, easily drawing Christmas Eve eve’s largest audience.

In the demo, Lucy placed a close second behind NBC’s airing of the animated classic How the Grinch Stole Christmas (which did 4.9 mil and a 1.2). And it tastes just like candy!

http://tvline.com/2015/12/24/i-love-lucy-ratings-colorized/

:HALKING:

• Like 1

Impressive enough that I'm sure we can expect a repeat next year.  Maybe it's time to run the new colorized episode first BEFORE the tepid Xmas episode.  Great that they colorized the flashback scenes. 

My nominee (realistic): "Lucy Gets in Pictures"

My real nominee: "Don Loper"

Other episodes that hold up extremely well (I'm thinking of the masses) : "Ricky Wants a Raise" (Xavier Valdez, Mrs. Chumley, etc.) "Million Dollar Idea/Salad Dressing",  "Staten Island Ferry" "Great Train Robbery"  to name a few.  Or maybe for a change, they should go with an LDCH "Makes Room for Danny".  OR #2: "Country Club Dance" with the hook of hiring on-camera hostess Miss Barbara Eden!  "CCD" is a pretty good episode as I recall. 

Re: Vita.....I'll have to go back to see how they edited out the Phillip Morris promo.  I remember all of Ricky's lines being there.  In the edited version, did they use the same "The Lucy Ricardo Show!" footage twice?

Watched most of it but still halfway through Commercial. I did notice they cut out the bedroom scene. And also, they cut out part of the flashback of Lucy going into labor, with Ricky and the Mertzes staring at her. But the color was awesome! I thought the walls at the Television Center were gray but I guess a bit of reddish made it look better. We also have color home movie footage of The Audition and it actually shows what color the first apartment was so thats a good thing. TJW were the couches actually that bright yellow in Lucy Goes to the Hospital? 

Also, Lucy's enciente dress was gray but I'm glad they made it more of a brownish red. Was not expecting the Phillip Morris "plug" to be left in! 

"I'm not impressed with the lax production values of "Your Saturday Night Variety".  15 seconds before airtime, they're getting around to getting their master of ceremonies before the camera." Neil I LOL'ed at your comment. Also could you imagine the live Vitameatavegamin commercial featuring somebody who hates the taste of the stuff? lol. I find it hard to believe they didn't think anything was wrong with Lucy when she was clearly drunk! 

I heard that the original script had a scene where Lucy had an awful hangover and Ethel tried to cure her with ... Vitameatavegamin! 

Was not expecting the Phillip Morris "plug" to be left in! 

I thought that was a nice touch! I wonder how many of the people tuning in last night got a little jolt out of hearing a line they'd never heard before in such a classic episode. :)

The special was really well done, I wish there was a way to purchase it.

Impressive enough that I'm sure we can expect a repeat next year.  Maybe it's time to run the new colorized episode first BEFORE the tepid Xmas episode.  Great that they colorized the flashback scenes. 

My nominee (realistic): "Lucy Gets in Pictures"

My real nominee: "Don Loper"

Other episodes that hold up extremely well (I'm thinking of the masses) : "Ricky Wants a Raise" (Xavier Valdez, Mrs. Chumley, etc.) "Million Dollar Idea/Salad Dressing",  "Staten Island Ferry" "Great Train Robbery"  to name a few.  Or maybe for a change, they should go with an LDCH "Makes Room for Danny".  OR #2: "Country Club Dance" with the hook of hiring on-camera hostess Miss Barbara Eden!  "CCD" is a pretty good episode as I recall. 

Re: Vita.....I'll have to go back to see how they edited out the Phillip Morris promo.  I remember all of Ricky's lines being there.  In the edited version, did they use the same "The Lucy Ricardo Show!" footage twice?

I'm not sure about the Don "Lauper" one but it would look nice though. I would love Bon Voyage. I think for the Phillip Morris scene I assume the used different camera angles as well as editing out parts.

My uncle, who is not generally a Lucy fan, was very excited about the Christmas Special at tonight's family gathering. PVR'd it, the whole works.  In fact, he brought up "Vitameatavegamin" several times over the course of the evening, so... well done, Tom, Jonathan and Rick -- you helped convert a new fan! 

• Like 1

Trying to reply to above post, Brock; seems to be the same glitch as in the past; but, lately, my posts have been showing up when I hit post....  This would have been my reply:

Forget the CONVERSION did he re-enact?????  Sorry, but my weird sense of humor says THAT would have been hilarious!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...