Lucy Thanksgiving episode

Is TLS season 4's "Lucy & The Sleeping Beauty" the only Thanksgiving episode of any Lucy show? Mary Jane/Aunt Gussie don't say anything about it being Thanksgiving but they made it sound like it was, like Lucy saying nobody will have to carve the turkey this year, and that there's several kids up at MJ's apartment. It aired on November 15th 1965 but I'm surprised they didn't air it the week of Thanksgiving which was on the 25th that year. 

I find it hard to believe that Lucy wouldn't have wanted to spend the holiday with Jerry and Chris, she decided to go on a date with Clint Walker. 

Mary Jane says she only has her family over once a year and Lucy asks about Thanksgiving and Christmas. Mary Jane replies, "What? And ruin the holidays?"

Lucy and the Sleeping Beauty was originally supposed to air on October 4, 1965, but was preempted by coverage of the Pope's visit to the US. 

I don't know why they couldn't combine the two and have the Pope appear on The Lucy Show.

Sample plots both entitled "Lucy is Un-Pope-ular" (as all the "Lucy and the Pope" episodes were)

1. Lucy gets the Papal ring stuck on her finger right before Pope Paul is supposed to meet with local ring-kissing dignitaries, including Mr. Mooney.

or

2. Concurrent to the Pope's visit to Los Angle-eeze, Vivian Bagley pops in on Lucy and expects Lucy to fulfill her promise of getting Viv an audience with His Excellency.  As luck would have it, Lucy has a Pope costume in the attic and once she gets Viv's glasses away from her, the ruse goes smoothly.  However, Lucy's hand-written plea to the Pontiff to help her out of this mess amuses PP so much that he pops by the Glenhall Apartments on his way to the airport.

Comedy highlight: Lucy and Pope Paul incorporate genuflecting into the classic mirror routine. 

Pope Paul: himself. Mrs. Goldapper: Jane Dulo.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

The Lucy Show - Together for Thanksgiving

After the success of celebrating last Christmas together, the Carmichaels and the Bagleys plan to have their first joint Thanksgiving. Things immediately start to go awry when Lucy comes home from the butcher with a fat goose instead of a turkey. Viv is apoplectic:

Viv: You eat goose on Christmas. Thanksgiving is turkey!

Lucy: Well in my family, we always have a goose for Thanksgiving and a turkey for Christmas!

It isn't long before the girls are arguing about absolutely everything, from place settings to seating arrangements to stuffing proportions.

Viv: Not like that, Lucy! You can't overfill the neck cavity, it'll all fall out. My father always saved most of it for the body.

Lucy: I'll bet my father could stuff better than your father!

In the end, after violent weather keeps other family and friends from attending, Lucy and her kids eat silently at one table, while Viv and Sherman sit alone at another. Eventually, like the pilgrims and the Indians, both families come together to break bread and make up.

Happy Thanksgiving!

I don't know why they couldn't combine the two and have the Pope appear on The Lucy Show.

Sample plots both entitled "Lucy is Un-Pope-ular" (as all the "Lucy and the Pope" episodes were)

1. Lucy gets the Papal ring stuck on her finger right before Pope Paul is supposed to meet with local ring-kissing dignitaries, including Mr. Mooney.

or

2. Concurrent to the Pope's visit to Los Angle-eeze, Vivian Bagley pops in on Lucy and expects Lucy to fulfill her promise of getting Viv an audience with His Excellency.  As luck would have it, Lucy has a Pope costume in the attic and once she gets Viv's glasses away from her, the ruse goes smoothly.  However, Lucy's hand-written plea to the Pontiff to help her out of this mess amuses PP so much that he pops by the Glenhall Apartments on his way to the airport.

Comedy highlight: Lucy and Pope Paul incorporate genuflecting into the classic mirror routine. 

Pope Paul: himself. Mrs. Goldapper: Jane Dulo.

Okay, love; I gotta ask:  "WHAT THE HECK DO YOU DRINK BEFORE YOU DREAM UP THESE SCENARIOS?  I WANT SOME!"

As always VERY entertaining; thanks for taking the time (and libations) to do so.....Loving you, JK  :fabrary: