Lucy Salutes Red Skelton

Here is Lucy presenting Red Skelton with the Governors' Award in 1986. Lucy's segment begins at 3:45. Take a look at 4:37!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5-7H4BveEk

On MY copy of that, 4:37 is taped over till 4:39, did you see her hubby could not muster that hypocritical smile that she rendered. I LOVED Red's DIG at CBS for cancelling him. How about her stage drections to John?

Here is Lucy presenting Red Skelton with the Governors' Award in 1986.

This is terrific! So nice to have video to go along with the photo. It's too bad Lucy only loved Red after 1953 despite making four movies together. LOL!

Take a look at 4:37!

Oh, you've GOT to be kidding! LMAO! :marionstrong: :marionstrong: :marionstrong:

What are you alluding to that I'm missing?? I've replayed it five times and other than seeing Lansbury applaud for her, I don't get it. What am I not seeing??!

Yeah, I'm stumped as well! It might be the guy on her right, not sure who that is, he doesn't seem to be that impressed by the looks of things. p.s - Is that the dress Lucy wore in Life With Lucy?

:peachonthebeach:

Yeah, I'm stumped as well! It might be the guy on her right, not sure who that is, he doesn't seem to be that impressed by the looks of things. p.s - Is that the dress Lucy wore in Life With Lucy?

We're talking about the great and ever lovely old biddie, Aunt Sheilah Lands Buried, who is shown on other Lucy tributes applauding and smiling like crazy at her good friend Lucy's constant acclaim and that's Aunt She's hubby who can't muster the hypocrisy on the right, LOL! I love the way Lucy milks the applause in spite of John's constant prattling on, LOL!

This is terrific! So nice to have video to go along with the photo. It's too bad Lucy only loved Red after 1953 despite making four movies together. LOL!

:

Not only that, but if you recall, Red won his first Emmy in '51 and said THIS SHOULD HAVE GONE TO LUCILLE BALL. But Lucy was referring to them BOTH working at CBS together. She just needed a cute connection or intro to her tribute to him and seized on that, she should have said Red was caught up in that clean up of the old guard like i was at CBS, they got rid of all us old timers like Benny, Red and me . . .

Same style at the top but one was long and one short. Dontcha thin the one at The Oscars is similar to the blue one from Bob Hope Cultural Center, that she also wore to the Variety Clubs tribute?

Oh yes! That's right, the other dress was pink. I don't recall the blue dress you are referring to Claude, I would have to see a clip of it again.

Oh yes! That's right, the other dress was pink. I don't recall the blue dress you are referring to Claude, I would have to see a clip of it again.

The only CLIPS i can offer you are paper clips, you know, the one where she opened the Bob Hope Cultural Center, we just saw it here recently. It's the same style as the Oscar dress, same slit along the side and the gold beading on top of the black whereas the blue was plain with beading.

Archived