Lucy, Lucie, and Carol Burnett on Dick Cavett

This is too momentous for the the DVR alerts thread...

The new channel, Decades TV, has started airing old episodes of The Dick Cavett Show. On March 3, they will be airing the 1971 episode with Lucy, Lucie, and Carol Burnett. It is a wonderful show! The show is scheduled to air on Thursday, March 3 at 11:30am, 5:30pm, and 11:30pm EST. It's a 90 minute timeslot, so hopefully it will be presented unedited.

The first segment has someone on connected to the Joe Frazier/Muhammad Ali fight. If any editing is done, hopefully it will be that segment. Lucy is actually the final guest. She was late for the taping for some reason and Lucie was the first guest, followed by Carol. There's still plenty of interesting conversation between the three of them.

I don't get the Decades channel! Hulu has added Cavett episodes to their site. Hopefully this one will end up there too.

• Like 1

Let us know if you see it on Hulu as I don't get Decades. What I've seen of this interview I've loved. Especially Lucy’s flair for the dramatic with her failed suicide attempt story.

OMGOSH i can see the headlines right now "Upcoming Actress slugged by Limo" and a photo of her laying gracefully on the girb

• Like 2

The new channel, Decades TV, has started airing old episodes of The Dick Cavett Show. On March 3, they will be airing the 1971 episode with Lucy, Lucie, and Carol Burnett. It is a wonderful show! The show is scheduled to air on Thursday, March 3 at 11:30am, 5:30pm, and 11:30pm EST. It's a 90 minute timeslot, so hopefully it will be presented unedited.

The first segment has someone on connected to the Joe Frazier/Muhammad Ali fight. If any editing is done, hopefully it will be that segment. Lucy is actually the final guest. She was late for the taping for some reason and Lucie was the first guest, followed by Carol. There's still plenty of interesting conversation between the three of them.

I don't get the Decades channel! Hulu has added Cavett episodes to their site. Hopefully this one will end up there too.

Did Lucy, Lucie and Carol do more than one Dick Cavett together?

Is this the one where Lucy tells the story of being so broke and depressed in New York (pre-Hollywood) that she thought of throwing herself in front of a limo and Dick says "if that had happened, I'd be talking to an empty chair"

To which quit-witted Lucie added "TWO empty chairs!"

• Like 1

I'm calling THAT pretty QUICK-WITTED, but, chilling in its meaning; wonder what remark(s) were made post-THAT statement; we would never have known the greatest female comedian to this point in history!!!!  I could go on; but, it would, then, become wayyyyyyy too personal......  Respectfully submitted.... :fabrary::(

​

They are also showing it on Saturday, March 5th at 7:30am. I get Decades and love watching these Cavett shows. Sometimes they only show 1 hour shows, so I am glad they are showing the full 90 minutes of this show.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope they are first half of the first season of TLS or it wouldn't make much sense. But good for them for doing this.

No, for some reason they showed the episode with Frankie Avalon and then Lucy Gets A Diploma (not sure why these were picked). They also showed 2 Desilu productions - Mission Impossible and the Untouchables.