The I Love Lucy Superstar Special (John Wayne Edition) - Sunday, May 22 on CBS!

HarryCarter

Thank you both, maybe I'll colorize some more stills in the future :) if you have any suggestions feel free to private message me so we don't clutter this thread lol

I've colorized some Lucy stills as well. The hardest part for me is the hair lines. Ugh!  :HALKING:

Does any one know if the bedroom scene in "Lucy Does A TV Commercial" was ever colorized even though in was cut out?   :lucyhorror:

If so are there any stills?  :viv2:

I expect so. I remember Tom telling us how the opening driving scene from "LA at Last" was colorized even though that scene didn't air. I seem to recall he described the effort the team undertook in order to learn the correct car colors for each particular make and model.

• Like 1

This has got to be one of the best colorizations of them all aside from the Scotland episode, with respect to all the other episodes that were brilliantly done. They just seem to get better and better and better! 

In a perfect world, id love to see these all out on Blu Ray one day-my nieces and nephews love the color versions because they say its "normal" to see it that way lol I suppose to them it is lol I cant wait to see it

• Like 2

This has got to be one of the best colorizations of them all aside from the Scotland episode, with respect to all the other episodes that were brilliantly done. They just seem to get better and better and better! 

In a perfect world, id love to see these all out on Blu Ray one day-my nieces and nephews love the color versions because they say its "normal" to see it that way lol I suppose to them it is lol I cant wait to see it

Agreed and now having read what your nieces and nephews said, helps me "get it": they have probably had little or no exposure to black and white (kinda sad IMHO) and color is "normal" to them!

A la Mr. Cowell....if I'm being honest, I will never be 100% on board with the whole concept of altering something from it's original form and making it "pretty" just for the sake of it being more palatable, saleable to a more desirable demographic because the cynic in me believes deep down that nobody is doing this for altruistic (nor artistic, for that matter) reasons, as if for example the CBS suits are green-lighting these specials because it's the socially responsible thing to do for the viewing public --yeah right! They realized ages ago what they have in the "I Love Lucy" brand which at this point has generated millions and millions in revenues (from a lot of avenues never even dreamed of back in '51!) and certainly will continue to do so for years to come by whatever means (eg. DVDs, blu-rays, prime-time specials etc. etc.), and more power to them.

However...having said that...from this life-long fan's perspective of over 55 years, I am THRILLED that CBS and my fellow life-long fans have and continue to find new and "colorful" (ahem) ways to keep this evergreen fresh, alive and renewed for not only us long-time diehards but new generations and generations to come. 

With each successive effort, the artists involved seem to do a better and better job; ever-evolving technology no doubt has a part in this as well.  It also helps that we have well-intentioned folks behind the scenes who are not only fans themselves, but have the integrity to make every effort to ensure the best possible product is released for mass consumption and enjoyment.

So I am more and more anxious and tickled and looking forward to this Friday night more each day and can't wait to see what WUNDAFUL results these talented folks have produced for our enjoyment.  And a shout-out and congrats to all of you involved behind the scenes (many of whom inhabit this marvelous forum!) who continue to make these special specials happen!

:HALKING:

• Like 1

Just doesn't seem the same a it was in black & white, [somehow?????] 

Can't explain it; I'm thinking WAYYYYYYYYY BACK then, it just seemed natural without the color; Funny what the brain will accept from what is 'transcribed' to it through the eyes, isn't it?      JK :fabrary:

• Like 2