The I Love Lucy Superstar Special (John Wayne Edition) - Sunday, May 22 on CBS!

HarryCarter

Plus a chimp or two, or Prohaska playing a gorilla with reindeer antlers. Or why not both? Nah, that'd be overkill, we're not at Here's Lucy yet!

True! Where -- oddly enough, there weren't ANY holiday episodes were there?? 

Think of all the things that could have gone awry there, like say, one year Harry's helping Lucille and the kids put up their synthetic white Christmas tree (it is the late 60s/early 70s, after all!!) and assorted ornaments, tree trimmings and such and after an ill-placed footing on the ladder whilst hanging mistletoe over the front door entrance, Harry slips and falls, grabbing the tree in a vein attempt to break his fall which of course comes crashing down with him and somehow, he realizes with a start that coming to an abrupt halt on the floor, he hears a loud "crunch", feels a sharp jabbing pain in his "nether regions" and proceeds to pass out and so....for years to come afterward, whenever the Carter Clan gathered for subsequent Christmases and began reminiscing as they proceeded yet again to decorate, that that was "The Night the Lights Went Out in Encino" or more affectionately as Lucille would put it every chance she got, "that time you got a Christmas tree angel ornament up your ass!" :blink:

• Like 1

True! Where -- oddly enough, there weren't ANY holiday episodes were there?? 

Think of all the things that could have gone awry there, like say, one year Harry's helping Lucille and the kids put up their synthetic white Christmas tree (it is the late 60s/early 70s, after all!!) and assorted ornaments, tree trimmings and such and after an ill-placed footing on the ladder whilst hanging mistletoe over the front door entrance, Harry slips and falls, grabbing the tree in a vein attempt to break his fall which of course comes crashing down with him and somehow, he realizes with a start that coming to an abrupt halt on the floor, he hears a loud "crunch", feels a sharp jabbing pain in his "nether regions" and proceeds to pass out and so....for years to come afterward, whenever the Carter Clan gathered for subsequent Christmases and began reminiscing as they proceeded yet again to decorate, that that was "The Night the Lights Went Out in Encino" or more affectionately as Lucille would put it every chance she got, "that time you got a Christmas tree angel ornament up your ass!" :blink:

LOL! What a visual!

• Like 1

I think CBS should conduct a poll, and ask if we'd like to see the Christmas Show, with a newly colorized episode, or no Christmas Show, and two newly colorized episode's, instead. With the exception of last year's Christmas Show, I'll leave the TV on, and when the newly colorized episode comes on, that's what I watch. There are a lot of other people who feel this way, and do this. I watched the Christmas Show the first time it was on, with the black and white flashbacks, and last year, with the colorized flashbacks.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...