Yours Mine and Ours locations

I’m going to be going to San Francisco in a week and have a lot of time in the city to wander around. I thought it might be interesting to find some of the locations shown in the dating montage in Yours Mine and Ours. I need a little help in figuring out what some of them are. I know the bocce courts are in Golden Gate Park but that is about it. What is the building they are coming out of that has the pictures kids painted hanging above? I’m assuming some of these scenes are at Fisherman’s Wharf. And they do wander through Chinatown but I would think pinning down where they were could be a little hard.

Also if there is anything not Lucy related I shouldn’t miss let me know. Thanks!

• Like 1

I’m going to be going to San Francisco in a week and have a lot of time in the city to wander around. I thought it might be interesting to find some of the locations shown in the dating montage in Yours Mine and Ours. I need a little help in figuring out what some of them are. I know the bocce courts are in Golden Gate Park but that is about it. What is the building they are coming out of that has the pictures kids painted hanging above? I’m assuming some of these scenes are at Fisherman’s Wharf. And they do wander through Chinatown but I would think pinning down where they were could be a little hard.

Also if there is anything not Lucy related I shouldn’t miss let me know. Thanks!

If you'd asked me this about 10 years ago I could have maybe helped! I lived in the City for over 20 years but since I haven't been back for more than a day at a time (story for another day) a few times, I've forgotten a lot of what's where....and much has changed too from what I'm told.

I also haven't watched the film in ages either which doesn't help! :blink:

I believe the Buena Vista Cafe (2268 Jackson Street) in North Beach is still in existence (the Irish coffees/eyelash scene as I like to think of it); as for Chinatown proper it's really only a few blocks long so you can probably find pretty easily what you're looking for. Also, Fisherman's Wharf isn't that far away from North Beach either so you can cover a lot of turf in relatively close proximity.

Did they stroll through North Beach? I don't remember but it's "adjacent" Chinatown so you can sort of kill two birds with one stone there but IMHO I'd spend a lot more time strolling through North Beach than Chinatown.

Sorry I couldn't be as much help as I'd like! But what a cool idea and I'm sure you'll have fun exploring all that the beautiful city has to offer! :peachonthebeach:

Was the bar scene shot at that restaurant? I thought it was used for inspiration.

I thought the Chinatown was bigger given it was the largest in North America. I spent a weekend in NYC's it seemed more than a few blocks.

I thought it was, but that's from memory and like I said, I've been gone for years now and am forgetting a lot of what's what, but I'm pretty sure the Buena Vista is where that was filmed (and they are famously known as the place to go there for Irish coffees).

As for Chinatown, I guess that's all relative: I've never been to New York so I have no comparison, but it's one of those things about San Francisco that was oh, how shall I put it? was less and less "impressive" as time went on...and seemed to become smaller and more "claustrophobic" as well.

But that's just my perspective! I hope you go and find all the landmarks etc. you're looking for!

Have a great time!

:peachonthebeach:

I did some research and found the church they shot the wedding inside and outside is in the Mission District. The fish place Alitro's is in Fisherman's Wharf and I've figured out on Grant Ave in Chinatown where they are walking based on a store sign.

The restaurant for the date was Senior Paco's which was an off shoot of Traders Vics but is no longer there.

• Like 1

I did some research and found the church they shot the wedding inside and outside is in the Mission District. The fish place Alitro's is in Fisherman's Wharf and I've figured out on Grant Ave in Chinatown where they are walking based on a store sign.

The restaurant for the date was Senior Paco's which was an off shoot of Traders Vics but is no longer there.

Actually it's Alioto's, been at the wharf for years and is still popular. ;)

o.jpg

I got the picture in Chinatown too. The store where they look at the statue isn't but the Trade Center sign they walk under is.

The wharf shots are very close to each other, where they walk and you can see them eating and people are selling bread is just one large restaurant now.

Here are my first set of photos. You can see the inspiration the Bunena Vista Cafe provided but I knew this bar scene was not shot there. I got a coffe and it was good. Not $10 good but I had an enjoyable time at the bar and took these pictures. Even the style of cup matches up.  Notice the 75 cent coffee sign behind Henry in the movie.

cof11.jpg

cof2.jpg

cof3.png

cof4.png

cof5.png

• 2 weeks later...