Co-Star/Associate News and Sightings

Here's the interview. It's a great one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkAOHwxbn3w

GREAT interview, thanks again. SMART cookie too, if you want to extend your shelf life in Hollywood where thirty year old actresses are considered over the hill, look exceedingly younger while being interviewed by Morley Safer, who looks like he could get a walk on on Walking Dead.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lucy's ski double from Lucy Goes to Sun Valley has been inducted into the Sun Valley Skiing Hall of Fame:

From the Idaho Mountain Express:

Sun Valley's illustrious alpine and Nordic ski history was celebrated Wednesday at Forest Service Park in Ketchum when the Sun Valley Ski and Heritage Museum inducted 10 new members into the Sun Valley Ski Hall of Fame.

Old-timers and new members of the ski community gathered to honor local legends, drink Norwegian glogg and reminisce.

The awards ceremony invoked many laughs and a few tears of appreciation from the inductees and their supporters.

Jannette Burr Johnson, a member of the U.S. Olympic Team in 1952, shared a tale of her misadventure when she was working as a double for actress Lucille Ball while filming a Hollywood production.

Johnson said she performed a stunt wearing Ball's red wig and wound up in surgery with a severely broken leg.

"I had an out-of-the-body experience, drifting over the surgery table and saw Desi Arnaz, comforting me," Johnson said.

Ntala Skinner, who was a member of the Olympic Biathlon Team in 1994 and 1998, said that after the intensity of training for international competition "real life was easy," thanking the positive influence of her parents and coaches.

Legendary coach and restaurateur Michel Rudigoz, who coached both the U.S. Women's Ski Team and the U.S. Men's Alpine Team, was inducted along with his former charge, local ski racer and world climbing and skiing guide Pete Patterson, who once raced with Andy Mill and Phil Mahre.

Former Scott USA sports-equipment designer Charley French was honored by The Elephant's Perch owner Bob Rosso for his extraordinary bump skiing and longstanding determination as a master's class cross-country skiing competitor.

Annie and Bill Vanderbilt took honors for their contributions during the early days of Nordic skiing in the valley. Several people in the crowd recalled Annie's delicious brownies served at the valley's first Nordic ski center.

"In all the places we've lived and traveled, we've never been to a more welcoming and generous community," Bill Vanderbilt said.

Jenny Busdon, who was instrumental years ago in saving Galena Lodge and the Nordic trails, accepted the honor by recalling her father, who won an award for community service from the royal family of England.

"He always told me if you find a community you love, find a way to give back. I think he would be proud of me today," Busdon said.

Ski legend Dick Durrance was honored posthumously for winning many prizes in the 1920s and '30s, including the Harriman Cup three times.

Warren Miller was inducted in absentia for his inspiring and humorous ski films and books promoting the sport.

Ski Hall of Fame organizer Megan Murphy directed staff to take photographs of the crowd of about 200 to send to Miller as a gift.

Former Sun Valley Ski School Director and bike racer Hans Muehlegger was the last honoree to speak at Wednesday's event.

He thanked the many people who have made the ski community what it is today, and extolled the virtues of getting teenagers "off the couch and away from drugs and alcohol" and out skiing on the miles of slopes and trails in the Wood River Valley.

"You will have something you can enjoy for the rest of your life," Muehlegger said.

http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?ID=2005140592

Lucy's ski double from Lucy Goes to Sun Valley has been inducted into the Sun Valley Skiing Hall of Fame:

From the Idaho Mountain Express:

http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?ID=2005140592

Thanks for this information, Brock; just the type thing I love for the chronology, and which I would never see if not for this WONDERFUL LOUNGE.... Loving you, JK

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's an interesting article on Amzie Strickland's son -- it looks like he is following in his parents' footsteps:

http://www.cdapress....a3027fd602.html

...and judging by that photo, accessorization is what he's really looking for too!

a deer on a bicycle?? Now this I gotta see! lucyhorror.JPG

• 7 months later...

BUMP!

Thanks, dunno how i missed this one, of course i'm not here often and don't post that much, LOL! Ok, there was this lady on and i used to see her on another comedy show, now i can't remember which episode it was i saw her in. I'll get back to you on this one. Now, the laundry in Bonus Bucks, the lady who sees Lucy moving while in the bag or material, the one that's about to HIT her, she was in what other episode?

Thanks, dunno how i missed this one, of course i'm not here often and don't post that much, LOL! Ok, there was this lady on and i used to see her on another comedy show, now i can't remember which episode it was i saw her in. I'll get back to you on this one. Now, the laundry in Bonus Bucks, the lady who sees Lucy moving while in the bag or material, the one that's about to HIT her, she was in what other episode?

Ok, i remember now, it was the lady in the one where Ricky Loses his Temper as Lucy keeps buying hats, it was the lady who owned the hat shop. She was BIG on another series.

Her name was Patsy Moran. She really didn't do anything else of note. That was her only Lucy appearance.

Sorry, thought i had seen her bugged out eye SPRESSION before, maybe in the Lucy gives birth episode as one of the nurses. Can't believe i forgot Madge Blake, i even knew her name. What about the one that starred on That Girl also, always played a mom type now i forget which Lucy show she was in, no i don't just remembered, the one with the upside down airplane stamp in the vacuum cleaner . . .

What about the one that starred on That Girl also, always played a mom type now i forget which Lucy show she was in, no i don't just remembered, the one with the upside down airplane stamp in the vacuum cleaner . . .

That was Mabel Albertson. She was also in Forever Darling. She played Donald's mother on That Girl, Darren's mother on Bewitched, and Dick's mother on The New Dick Van Dyke Show. In real life, she was Jack Albertson's sister and Cloris Leachman's mother-in-law.

That was Mabel Albertson. She was also in Forever Darling. She played Donald's mother on That Girl, Darren's mother on Bewitched, and Dick's mother on The New Dick Van Dyke Show. In real life, she was Jack Albertson's sister and Cloris Leachman's mother-in-law.

I knew about her being Jack's sis but how is she Cloris' mom in law?