Brock

Co-Star/Associate News and Sightings

Brock    3,373
15 hours ago, JoeySoCal said:

Oh, but yes! What could she be plugging I wonder?? :HALKING:

She was plugging the national tour of Love Letters with Hal Linden — and talked Lucy in the process. :D 

Mot Morenzi    1,505
1 hour ago, Brock said:

She was plugging the national tour of Love Letters with Hal Linden — and talked Lucy in the process. :D 

That sparkly dress story has had more performances than South Pacific. 

• Haha 1

Brock    3,373
1 hour ago, Mot Morenzi said:

That sparkly dress story has had more performances than South Pacific. 

Especially when we really want her to spill all the Ann Sothern tea.... although our group might be in the minority on this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Freddie2    848

The segment is available on YouTube and it's just lovely. You'd think Barbara was in her mid-60s, not pushing 90! I can't find anywhere that lists where the show is touring:lucy2:

Brock    3,373
Just now, Freddie2 said:

The segment is available on YouTube and it's just lovely. You'd think Barbara was in her mid-60s, not pushing 90! I can't find anywhere that lists where the show is touring:lucy2:

Me neither. If it is touring at all in southern Ontario, I'd be thrilled to make the trek...

• Like 1

Mot Morenzi    1,505
2 hours ago, Brock said:

Especially when we really want her to spill all the Ann Sothern tea.... although our group might be in the minority on this.

I know. She's very diplomatic, and usually never refers to Sothern by name when discussing the incident. Her book is really the only place where she's gone into any detail about it.

• Like 1

JoeySoCal    1,009

Ooh, some Babs and Rosie Harriagan "tea'?? This is new to me! Spill it sister.

Here for those inclined is info on the "Love Letters" tour:  http://barbaraeden.com/appearances.html

Looks like she'll be near LA later this month and if tix still available, I think I'm going to try to go.  I've seen this enjoyable play several times already -- so many notable "couples" have performed it together, but of course for me, my favorite was seeing Busty Ingels and hubby perform it years ago in the Bay Area.  If you've never had the chance to see it but get one, I recommend it. :lucythrill:

Luvsbway    2,049
10 hours ago, JoeySoCal said:

Ooh, some Babs and Rosie Harriagan "tea'?? This is new to me! Spill it sister.

Here for those inclined is info on the "Love Letters" tour:  http://barbaraeden.com/appearances.html

Looks like she'll be near LA later this month and if tix still available, I think I'm going to try to go.  I've seen this enjoyable play several times already -- so many notable "couples" have performed it together, but of course for me, my favorite was seeing Busty Ingels and hubby perform it years ago in the Bay Area.  If you've never had the chance to see it but get one, I recommend it. :lucythrill:

I saw Busty and Marty do Love Letters for a week at the theatre I worked at in high school. That's how I met them.

• Like 1

Mot Morenzi    1,505

Joey, in a nutshell, Ann was very rude to Barbara when the latter made a guest appearance on Private Secretary. Forced her hair and makeup to be made less flattering and was overall cold and dismissive. Barbara was shaken by the incident and was initially terrified to do Lucy's show because of it. Of course, Miss Ball's behaviour was the complete opposite. 

Eden talks about the Sothern incident a lot but usually does not refer to her by name. Her book is the only place she's included more detail on the subject. 

• Like 1

Brock    3,373

So, this article claims that NC real estate agent David Cook once worked with Lucy. 

https://www.wbtv.com/2019/07/17/st-jude-dream-home-spotlighting-indian-trail/

Now, I don't put all that much stock in an article that refers to "Barbara Eaton" and "Marlow Thomas" but does anyone have any idea where this chap and LB may have crossed paths?