Co-Star/Associate News and Sightings

Willis and Shepperd hated each other!!??!?!?

AND, Swayze and Grey??????????

Then, thinking WAYYYY Back to Travolta and Tomlin, talk about reversal of something or other, made a wonderfully romantic, sexy film, Moment To Moment, was it?  I had NO IDEA until I started reading this Website that both are gay!  I would NOT HAVE known by watching this lovely film..... :fabrary:

Then, thinking WAYYYY Back to Travolta and Tomlin, talk about reversal of something or other, made a wonderfully romantic, sexy film, Moment To Moment, was it?  I had NO IDEA until I started reading this Website that both are gay!  I would NOT HAVE known by watching this lovely film..... :fabrary:

I think they were pretty low key about it but I don't think Rogers and Astaire were wild about each other.  As professionals, they resigned themselves and appeased the public by making occasional reunion appearances, such as the Oscars.

Moment by moment was creepy because Lily and John look like siblings in the movie.

You're probably one of the few people who thought that stinker was any good, most people knew about her being gay so it made a romance type film ridiculous, imagine if they did that now that we know BOTH were gay.  Back to Swayse, in his autobiography, he mentions that she drove him crazy on the set causing take after take after take as she was so unsure of herself, i think that's what they said anyway.  Something about her constantly breaking up or such . . . 

I think they were pretty low key about it but I don't think Rogers and Astaire were wild about each other.  As professionals, they resigned themselves and appeased the public by making occasional reunion appearances, such as the Oscars.

Oh yeah, THEY were on the list also.  Fred claimed she wanted to run everything but like Hepburn once said about her, among many other people, she did everything he did but backwards and in heels.  Remember when his wife refused to allow clips of them together for Rogers' tribute somewhere?  And yet she allowed him dancing with a vacuum cleaner for a commercial.

Oh yeah, one story said he was furious when she wore that feather dress because the feathers wound up on HIM, LOL!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I watched the 1959 movie Say One For Me with Bing Crosby, Debbie Reynolds, and Robert Wagner. In it, Ray Walston plays an alcoholic piano player/songwriter named Phil Stanley. This was the same name as Phil Harris' alcoholic piano player/songwriter character on The Lucy Show in 1968. Both were written by Bob O'Brien. I wonder if he used the name again on purpose.

• Like 1

I watched the 1959 movie Say One For Me with Bing Crosby, Debbie Reynolds, and Robert Wagner. In it, Ray Walston plays an alcoholic piano player/songwriter named Phil Stanley. This was the same name as Phil Harris' alcoholic piano player/songwriter character on The Lucy Show in 1968. Both were written by Bob O'Brien. I wonder if he used the name again on purpose.

Since 9 years had lapsed, my guess would be that O'Brien forgot about the movie name. OR he has a friend named Phil Stanley, who is an alcoholic piano player or a church-going hymn player that O'Brien wanted to tease.   

The stranger same-character-name is the use of the name Theodore Mooney, the police sergeant  in Dennis the Menace 62-63, Gale Gordon's full season as Mr. Wilson, then Gale's character name the next year on TLS.  If it was just a sub-conscious unintended copy, you'd think Gale might have mentioned it to them. 

Or has that mystery been discussed and solved and I missed it?

LOVE THAT, Harry!  GREAT POOP for the chron. :D 

Guess Bob & Madelyn weren't the only Lucy scribes to "recycle"! :blink:

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
22 minutes ago, HarryCarter said:

Mike and Greg Beardsley (Tim Matheson and Gary Goetzman) pose in front of Lucy TV Guides at the premiere of CNN: The 2000s tonight at the Paley Center in LA. 

Dg0gbuQVQAAIvUl.jpg:large

I'm hoping that when I visit New York, I can persuade a friend, perhaps someone with a connection to the Paley Center, (who knows how to disable the after-hours security cameras)  to join me on a "routine souvenir hunt" because I want that TV Guide cover blow up behind them!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Neil said:

I'm hoping that when I visit New York, I can persuade a friend, perhaps someone with a connection to the Paley Center, (who knows how to disable the after-hours security cameras)  to join me on a "routine souvenir hunt" because I want that TV Guide cover blow up behind them!

Maybe Diane Vincent and Rhonda Medina could be persuaded to join you, armed with flashlights, cement buckets and doohickeys. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...