Closer pays tribute to 65th anniversary of I Love Lucy

Brock

So glad they put this out, but yep, always a few errors that is to be expected.

For the record:

pg 11, Lucy died at 77, not 78. Pg 24, bottom right photo is from 1954. Pg 75, middle left photo is from 1946 on set of "Lover Come Back" and that of course is not her mom. Upper left shot is Desi from the early 1940's, not 1955. Shot with Liza and Desi Jr. is from February of 1972. On page 91, lower left shot is not from 1957, it is from "Ziegfeld Follies", 1944, film released in 1946. On page 93, lower left, while this Vivian from 1955, it is not actually backstage, it's on the set of "In Palm Springs" episode. The interesting part is she is holding a May 1955 McCall's magazine (which is used in the episode) which has actually has an article written by Vance, "I Don't Run Away Anymore."

• Like 1

For the record:

pg 11, Lucy died at 77, not 78. Pg 24, bottom right photo is from 1954. Pg 75, middle left photo is from 1946 on set of "Lover Come Back" and that of course is not her mom. Upper left shot is Desi from the early 1940's, not 1955. Shot with Liza and Desi Jr. is from February of 1972. On page 91, lower left shot is not from 1957, it is from "Ziegfeld Follies", 1944, film released in 1946. On page 93, lower left, while this Vivian from 1955, it is not actually backstage, it's on the set of "In Palm Springs" episode. The interesting part is she is holding a May 1955 McCall's magazine (which is used in the episode) which has actually has an article written by Vance, "I Don't Run Away Anymore."

When will the publishers of these magazines learn to look to communities like this (and contributors like you) to double check the facts?

I say all active "Lucy Lounge" members team up to prepare the ultimate comprehensive (and accurate) tribute magazine(s) for the 70th anniversary in five years time!

• Like 1

When will the publishers of these magazines learn to look to communities like this (and contributors like you) to double check the facts?

I say all active "Lucy Lounge" members team up to prepare the ultimate comprehensive (and accurate) tribute magazine(s) for the 70th anniversary in five years time!

Nice idea...but to have to wait five more years troubles me -- who knows who'll be where when??! :blink:

Besides...66 is a nice even number! :HALKING:

Wonder how this whole 5-year marker thing ever got started?? We sure have some crazy traditions when you stop and think about it!! :lucywow:

Closer Magazine has published a tribute edition to mark the 65th anniversary of I Love Lucy:

6rpspd.jpg

Apparently it is on news stands now.

Brock:  Don't have any newsstands around here that I know of; don't get out much; would you please pick me up a copy of this Closer; tuck it in your bag and I'll buy it from you this summer (plus, a tip of a second margarita as well at Taco?)  That would solve my difficulty looking all over town.  I didn't see it at Dollar General.  Thanks if you can; and I would be so grateful!!!!!  If I find one in the meantime, I'll let you know; but, just in case, donchano!!!!

Loving you, JK :fabrary:

For the record:

Thanks for this, rickee!!!!  Will add your comments/corrections to entry in chronology....  Loving you, JK  :fabrary:

70th? Oh please don't rush it I'm not getting any younger.  :lucyeww:

• 8 months later...

Lucy is back on the cover of Closer this week:  There goes Michael spinning the beans out of the cat bag.

Brock:

M. Stern again?  Trying to keep his status as #1 in the forefront; hope Lucie kicks his ass...... :HALKING: 

MEANWHILE, I can't read the dates of the mag; can you supply????  Loving you, JK :fabrary: