Bill, Joe, and Marilyn

HarryCarter

An interesting tidbit from the New York Times obit for agent-to-the-stars Norman Brokaw.

In the early 1950s, Mr. Brokaw recalled, he took Marilyn Monroe to the Brown Derby restaurant after a stint on a local TV show. William Frawley, who played the friend and neighbor Fred Mertz on “I Love Lucy,” stopped by their table to say that he was dining with Joe DiMaggio and that DiMaggio had become mesmerized by Mr. Brokaw’s dinner partner. He wanted to meet her, Mr. Frawley said.

“When he left, Marilyn looked at me and asked, ‘Who’s Joe Di?’” Mr. Brokaw wrote in his memoir. “We finished our dinner first, and on the way out, we stopped at their table. I introduced them. The next thing I know they were going together, and soon thereafter married.”

I don't know the veracity of this, but it's a fun story.

https://www.google.com/amp/mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/business/norman-brokaw-agent-to-marilyn-monroe-and-elvis-presley-dies-at-89.amp.html?client=safari

• Like 1