2016's I Love Lucy Christmas Special

Harrison

:HALKING:

That's a sure sign of success.

It didn't win the 18-49 demographic, but it had the most viewers overall that night (6.59 million).  http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/2020-adjusts-up-dr-ken-crazy-ex-girlfriend-i-love-lucy-adjust-down-friday-final-ratings/

Yeah, this particular usage of the name Lillian was especially bizarre, given she'd been Carolyn for a few years by this point. Surely someone on set could've remembered the other name!

I assume Lucy's teacher's name was Lillian, and that's why that name kept resurfacing?  I just wonder what the reason was they had changed it to Carolyn.

I assume Lucy's teacher's name was Lillian, and that's why that name kept resurfacing? I just wonder what the reason was they had changed it to Carolyn.

I'm thinking this might have been a flub on Desi's part that no one caught while filming. Maybe since Lillian was a real person that Lucy did talk about, it could have been in the back of his mind that Lillian just went with Appleby.

• Like 2

:HALKING:

That's a sure sign of success.

In ratings, yes; in demos, not so much. :blink:

It's a Christmas miracle.

Uh... yeah, well. That and they know viewership is historically low that night and why "waste" a new show/special/episode of an established hit, etc. so actually it's not surprising they'd "burn it off" this way.

I'm thinking this might have been a flub on Desi's part that no one caught while filming. Maybe since Lillian was a real person that Lucy did talk about, it could have been in the back of his mind that Lillian just went with Appleby.

I thought the same thing... kinda cool in one way but they probably should have had him dub in "Carolyn" later in post if they'd actually caught it!

That makes sense.

Agreed. :D

• Like 1

In ratings, yes; in demos, not so much. :blink:

Uh... yeah, well. That and they know viewership is historically low that night and why "waste" a new show/special/episode of an established hit, etc. so actually it's not surprising they'd "burn it off" this way.

I thought the same thing... kinda cool in one way but they probably should have had him dub in "Carolyn" later in post if they'd actually caught it!

Agreed. :D

True...but it DOES matter to the advertisers that "buy" these shows and the networks in determining what they "buy", renew, etc. etc. so unfortunately.....those numbers DO matter! :blink:

It appears however that these specials do well enough across the board ratings wise that they will continue for quite some time.  Here's hoping! :lucywow:

Show (Network) / Adults 18-49 Rating/Share; Viewers (in millions)

7 PM:

Football Night in America (NBC) (7-8:30 p.m.) 3.4/13; 12.35

8 PM:

Movie: Beauty and the Beast (ABC) (8-10 p.m.) 1.2/4; 3.67  

I Love Lucy Christmas Special (CBS) – R 0.5/2; 3.42

The Simpsons (FOX) – R 0.5/2; 1.51

8:30 p.m.

Sunday Night Football (NBC) (8:30 -11PM) 5.9/20; 19.86

Son of Zorn (FOX)                                          0.3/1; 1.02

Comparatively:

The Dick Van Dyke Show: Now in Living Color! (CBS) 0.3/1; 2.51

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/tv-ratings-sunday-dec-25-2016/

Show (Network) / Adults 18-49 Rating/Share; Viewers (in millions)

7 PM:

Football Night in America (NBC) (7-8:30 p.m.) 3.4/13; 12.35

8 PM:

Movie: Beauty and the Beast (ABC) (8-10 p.m.) 1.2/4; 3.67  

I Love Lucy Christmas Special (CBS) – R 0.5/2; 3.42

The Simpsons (FOX) – R 0.5/2; 1.51

8:30 p.m.

Sunday Night Football (NBC) (8:30 -11PM) 5.9/20; 19.86

Son of Zorn (FOX)                                          0.3/1; 1.02

Comparatively:

The Dick Van Dyke Show: Now in Living Color! (CBS) 0.3/1; 2.51

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/tv-ratings-sunday-dec-25-2016/

And what's so HOT all of a sudden about being 18-49???

• Like 1

Couldn't they have "LOOPED" Carolyn over Lillian??  Perhaps they hadn't figured how to 'LOOP" in the fifties? lol

They have. I can't remember off hand what episode it was but Lucy is trying to tell Ricky something while sitting on the couch and at least 2 lines are looped. Also when the kid cried they looped dialogue in.

Mr. & Mrs. TV Show. Lucy accidentally said "they have a show who's looking for a sponsor" when the line was supposed to be the other way around. They looped the dialogue so Lucy could deliver the correct line, "they have a sponsor who's looking for a show." If you pay attention, you can just see that the lip movements are off.

• Like 2