Decade's The Lucy Show Weekend Marathon Dec. 17th-19th, 2016

Harrison

Decades will be having a weekend marathon of our beloved, The Lucy Show. It is apart of network's December Comedy Binge. The marathon begins at 1 in the afternoon on Saturday, December 17th and continues through 7 in the morning on Monday, December 19th.

It appears this marathon includes the later portion of the third season and all of the fourth (minus Lucy, the Choirmaster), fifth, and sixth seasons.

MARATHON SCHEDULE

*** Note:  Episodes in RED denotes the 25 MUST-SEE ones.

Saturday, December 17th, 2016

1:00 PM - EPISODE #71: Lucy, the Coin Collector

1:30 PM - EPISODE #70: Lucy and the Missing Stamp

2:00 PM - EPISODE #76: Lucy and the Ceramic Cat

2:30 PM - EPISODE #77: Lucy Goes to Vegas

3:00 PM - EPISODE #75: Lucy and the Monsters

3:30 PM - EPISODE #78: Lucy and the Countess

4:00 PM - EPISODE #79: My Fair Lucy

4:30 PM - EPISODE #80: Lucy and the Countess Lose Weight

5:00 PM - EPISODE #84: Lucy and the Old Mansion

5:30 PM - EPISODE #81: Lucy and Arthur Godfrey

6:00 PM - EPISODE #83: Lucy and the Beauty Doctor

6:30 PM - EPISODE #82: Lucy, the Stockholder

7:00 PM - EPISODE #72: Lucy, the Disc Jockey

7:30 PM - EPISODE #86: Lucy at Marineland

8:00 PM - EPISODE #85: Lucy and the Golden Greek

8:30 PM - EPISODE #89: Lucy in the Music World

9:00 PM - EPISODE #87: Lucy and the Joan

9:30 PM - EPISODE #88: Lucy, the Stunt Man

10:00 PM - EPISODE #93: Lucy and the Countess Have a Horse Guest

10:30 PM - EPISODE #92: Lucy Helps Danny Thomas

11:00 PM - EPISODE #90: Lucy Helps the Countess

11:30 PM - EPISODE #91: Lucy and the Sleeping Beauty

Sunday, December 18th, 2016

12:00 AM - EPISODE #94: Lucy, the Undercover Agent

12:30 AM - EPISODE #95: Lucy and the Return of Iron Man

1:00 AM - EPISODE #96: Lucy Saves Milton Berle

1:30 AM - EPISODE #99: Lucy Discovers Wayne Newton

2:00 AM - EPISODE #101: Lucy, the Rain Goddess

2:30 AM - EPISODE #100: Lucy and Art Linkletter

3:00 AM - EPISODE #97: Lucy Bags a Bargain

3:30 AM - EPISODE #102: Lucy Meets Mickey Rooney

4:00 AM - EPISODE #103: Lucy and the Soap Opera

4:30 AM - EPISODE #104: Lucy Goes to a Hollywood Premiere

5:00 AM - EPISODE #105: Lucy Dates Dean Martin

5:30 AM - EPISODE #106: Lucy and Bob Crane

6:00 AM - EPISODE #107: Lucy, the Robot

6:30 AM - EPISODE #108: Lucy and Clint Walker

7:00 AM - EPISODE #109: Lucy, the Gun Moll

7:30 AM - EPISODE #110: Lucy, the Superwoman

8:00 AM - EPISODE #111: Lucy and George Burns

8:30 AM - EPISODE #116: Lucy and the Submarine

9:00 AM - EPISODE #112: Lucy, the Bean Queen

9:30 AM - EPISODE #118: Lucy and Paul Winchell

10:00 AM - EPISODE #113: Lucy and the Ring-a-Ding Ring

10:30 AM - EPISODE #120: Lucy Goes to London

11:00 AM - EPISODE #114: Lucy Gets a Roommate

11:30 AM - EPISODE #115: Lucy and Carol In Palm Springs

12:00 PM - EPISODE #117: Lucy Gets Caught in a Draft

12:30 PM - EPISODE #119: Lucy and John Wayne

1:00 PM - EPISODE #121: Lucy and Pat Collins

1:30 PM - EPISODE #122: Mooney the Monkey

2:00 PM - EPISODE #123: Lucy and Phil Silvers

2:30 PM - EPISODE #124: Lucy's Substitute Secretary

3:00 PM - EPISODE #125: Viv Visits Lucy

3:30 PM - EPISODE #126: Lucy, the Babysitter

4:00 PM - EPISODE #127: Main Street, U.S.A.

4:30 PM - EPISODE #128: Lucy Puts Main Street on the Map

5:00 PM - EPISODE #129: Lucy Meet the Law

5:30 PM - EPISODE #130: Lucy, the Fight Manager

6:00 PM - EPISODE #132: Lucy and Tennessee Ernie Ford

6:30 PM - EPISODE #131: Lucy Meets Sheldon Leonard

7:00 PM - EPISODE #137: Lucy Meets the Berles

7:30 PM - EPISODE #133: Lucy Gets Trapped

8:00 PM - EPISODE #134: Lucy and the French Movie Star

8:30 PM - EPISODE #136: Lucy, the Starmaker

9:00 PM - EPISODE #140: Lucy Gets Her Diploma

9:30 PM - EPISODE #138: Lucy Gets Jack Benny's Account

10:00 PM - EPISODE #135: Little Old Lucy

10:30 PM - EPISODE #139: Lucy and Robert Goulet

11:00 PM - EPISODE #141: Lucy Gets Mooney Fired

11:30 PM - EPISODE #147: Lucy's Mystery Guest

Monday, December 19th, 2016

12:00 AM - EPISODE #144: Lucy, the Philanthropist

12:30 AM - EPISODE #142: Lucy Sues Mooney

1:00 AM - EPISODE #148: Lucy, the Pool Hustler

1:30 AM - EPISODE #145: Lucy and Carol Burnett, Part I

2:00 AM - EPISODE #146: Lucy and Carol Burnett, Part II

2:30 AM - EPISODE #149: Lucy and Viv Reminisce

3:00 AM - EPISODE #143: Lucy Gets Involved

3:30 AM - EPISODE #151: Mooney's Other Wife

4:00 AM - EPISODE #152: Lucy and the Stolen Stole

4:30 AM - EPISODE #150: Lucy and Phil Harris

5:00 AM - EPISODE #153: Lucy Helps Ken Berry

5:30 AM - EPISODE #154: Lucy and the Lost Star

6:00 AM - EPISODE #155: Lucy and Sid Caesar

6:30 AM - EPISODE #156: Lucy and the 'Year of the Boss' Award"

I can't say I'm wild about their choice to concentrate on the later years.  There's nothing before season 3.  The first two years are far and away the best of The Lucy Show as conceived by Bob and Madelyn, whose only contributions in the marathon are the basis for "Lucy Flies to London" and the b/w clips of "Lucy and Viv Reminisce".  The Hilda Josefsburg Estate Trust can expect another residual check. 

Speaking of "Flies to London" and the Victor Borge Comedy Theater the episode is based on:  Did this ever air?

• Like 2

I can't say I'm wild about their choice to concentrate on the later years.  There's nothing before season 3.  The first two years are far and away the best of The Lucy Show as conceived by Bob and Madelyn, whose only contributions in the marathon are the basis for "Lucy Flies to London" and the b/w clips of "Lucy and Viv Reminisce".  The Hilda Josefsburg Estate Trust can expect another residual check. 

That makes the both of us. They should have just selected episodes from all six seasons preferably the best. Maybe at some point they will do just that.

Decades will be having a weekend marathon of our beloved, The Lucy Show. It is apart of network's December Comedy Binge. The marathon begins at 1 in the afternoon on Saturday, December 17th and continues through 7 in the morning on Monday, December 19th.

It appears this marathon includes the later portion of the third season and all of the fourth (minus Lucy, the Choirmaster), fifth, and sixth seasons.

MARATHON SCHEDULE

*** Note:  Episodes in RED denotes the 25 MUST-SEE ones.

Saturday, December 17th, 2016

1:00 PM - EPISODE #71: Lucy, the Coin Collector

1:30 PM - EPISODE #70: Lucy and the Missing Stamp

2:00 PM - EPISODE #76: Lucy and the Ceramic Cat

2:30 PM - EPISODE #77: Lucy Goes to Vegas

3:00 PM - EPISODE #75: Lucy and the Monsters

3:30 PM - EPISODE #78: Lucy and the Countess

4:00 PM - EPISODE #79: My Fair Lucy

4:30 PM - EPISODE #80: Lucy and the Countess Lose Weight

5:00 PM - EPISODE #84: Lucy and the Old Mansion

5:30 PM - EPISODE #81: Lucy and Arthur Godfrey

6:00 PM - EPISODE #83: Lucy and the Beauty Doctor

6:30 PM - EPISODE #82: Lucy, the Stockholder

7:00 PM - EPISODE #72: Lucy, the Disc Jockey

7:30 PM - EPISODE #86: Lucy at Marineland

8:00 PM - EPISODE #85: Lucy and the Golden Greek

8:30 PM - EPISODE #89: Lucy in the Music World

9:00 PM - EPISODE #87: Lucy and the Joan

9:30 PM - EPISODE #88: Lucy, the Stunt Man

10:00 PM - EPISODE #93: Lucy and the Countess Have a Horse Guest

10:30 PM - EPISODE #92: Lucy Helps Danny Thomas

11:00 PM - EPISODE #90: Lucy Helps the Countess

11:30 PM - EPISODE #91: Lucy and the Sleeping Beauty

Sunday, December 18th, 2016

12:00 AM - EPISODE #94: Lucy, the Undercover Agent

12:30 AM - EPISODE #95: Lucy and the Return of Iron Man

1:00 AM - EPISODE #96: Lucy Saves Milton Berle

1:30 AM - EPISODE #99: Lucy Discovers Wayne Newton

2:00 AM - EPISODE #101: Lucy, the Rain Goddess

2:30 AM - EPISODE #100: Lucy and Art Linkletter

3:00 AM - EPISODE #97: Lucy Bags a Bargain

3:30 AM - EPISODE #102: Lucy Meets Mickey Rooney

4:00 AM - EPISODE #103: Lucy and the Soap Opera

4:30 AM - EPISODE #104: Lucy Goes to a Hollywood Premiere

5:00 AM - EPISODE #105: Lucy Dates Dean Martin

5:30 AM - EPISODE #106: Lucy and Bob Crane

6:00 AM - EPISODE #107: Lucy, the Robot

6:30 AM - EPISODE #108: Lucy and Clint Walker

7:00 AM - EPISODE #109: Lucy, the Gun Moll

7:30 AM - EPISODE #110: Lucy, the Superwoman

8:00 AM - EPISODE #111: Lucy and George Burns

8:30 AM - EPISODE #116: Lucy and the Submarine

9:00 AM - EPISODE #112: Lucy, the Bean Queen

9:30 AM - EPISODE #118: Lucy and Paul Winchell

10:00 AM - EPISODE #113: Lucy and the Ring-a-Ding Ring

10:30 AM - EPISODE #120: Lucy Goes to London

11:00 AM - EPISODE #114: Lucy Gets a Roommate

11:30 AM - EPISODE #115: Lucy and Carol In Palm Springs

12:00 PM - EPISODE #117: Lucy Gets Caught in a Draft

12:30 PM - EPISODE #119: Lucy and John Wayne

1:00 PM - EPISODE #121: Lucy and Pat Collins

1:30 PM - EPISODE #122: Mooney the Monkey

2:00 PM - EPISODE #123: Lucy and Phil Silvers

2:30 PM - EPISODE #124: Lucy's Substitute Secretary

3:00 PM - EPISODE #125: Viv Visits Lucy

3:30 PM - EPISODE #126: Lucy, the Babysitter

4:00 PM - EPISODE #127: Main Street, U.S.A.

4:30 PM - EPISODE #128: Lucy Puts Main Street on the Map

5:00 PM - EPISODE #129: Lucy Meet the Law

5:30 PM - EPISODE #130: Lucy, the Fight Manager

6:00 PM - EPISODE #132: Lucy and Tennessee Ernie Ford

6:30 PM - EPISODE #131: Lucy Meets Sheldon Leonard

7:00 PM - EPISODE #137: Lucy Meets the Berles

7:30 PM - EPISODE #133: Lucy Gets Trapped

8:00 PM - EPISODE #134: Lucy and the French Movie Star

8:30 PM - EPISODE #136: Lucy, the Starmaker

9:00 PM - EPISODE #140: Lucy Gets Her Diploma

9:30 PM - EPISODE #138: Lucy Gets Jack Benny's Account

10:00 PM - EPISODE #135: Little Old Lucy

10:30 PM - EPISODE #139: Lucy and Robert Goulet

11:00 PM - EPISODE #141: Lucy Gets Mooney Fired

11:30 PM - EPISODE #147: Lucy's Mystery Guest

Monday, December 19th, 2016

12:00 AM - EPISODE #144: Lucy, the Philanthropist

12:30 AM - EPISODE #142: Lucy Sues Mooney

1:00 AM - EPISODE #148: Lucy, the Pool Hustler

1:30 AM - EPISODE #145: Lucy and Carol Burnett, Part I

2:00 AM - EPISODE #146: Lucy and Carol Burnett, Part II

2:30 AM - EPISODE #149: Lucy and Viv Reminisce

3:00 AM - EPISODE #143: Lucy Gets Involved

3:30 AM - EPISODE #151: Mooney's Other Wife

4:00 AM - EPISODE #152: Lucy and the Stolen Stole

4:30 AM - EPISODE #150: Lucy and Phil Harris

5:00 AM - EPISODE #153: Lucy Helps Ken Berry

5:30 AM - EPISODE #154: Lucy and the Lost Star

6:00 AM - EPISODE #155: Lucy and Sid Caesar

6:30 AM - EPISODE #156: Lucy and the 'Year of the Boss' Award"

I think they are showing Lucy and the Choirmaster on Christmas Eve.

Speaking of "Flies to London" and the Victor Borge Comedy Theater the episode is based on:  Did this ever air?

Decades and MeTV are both owned by CBS, right?  It looks like Decades picked up where MeTV left off.  MeTV ran The Lucy Show over the summer, starting with the first episode and running through, I think, "Lucy Gets the Bird."  This marathon began with "Lucy, the Coin Collector" -- which is the episode immediately following "Lucy Gets the Bird" -- and went through to the final episode.  I'm not sure why they would do that, unless it was to avoid repeating episodes so soon after they were aired a few months ago.

Decades and MeTV are both owned by CBS, right?  It looks like Decades picked up where MeTV left off.  MeTV ran The Lucy Show over the summer, starting with the first episode and running through, I think, "Lucy Gets the Bird."  This marathon began with "Lucy, the Coin Collector" -- which is the episode immediately following "Lucy Gets the Bird" -- and went through to the final episode.  I'm not sure why they would do that, unless it was to avoid repeating episodes so soon after they were aired a few months ago.

Great observation!

Yes, both MeTV and Decades are owned by the same company (Weigel Broadcasting Company) thus making them sister networks. And that explains why the marathon will begin in the middle of the series and not at the beginning. MeTV's final week of airing The Lucy Show consisted of the following episodes: "Lucy's Contact Lenses" (Mon, 8/29), "Lucy Gets Her Maid" (Tues, 8/30), "Lucy Gets the Bird" (Wed, 8/31), "Lucy, the Coin Collector" (Thurs, 9/1), and "Lucy and the Missing Stamp" (Fri, 9/2). Remember that "Together For Christmas" and "Chris's New Year Eve's Party" were skipped over. 

Great observation!

Yes, both MeTV and Decades are owned by the same company (Weigel Broadcasting Company) thus making them sister networks. And that explains why the marathon will begin in the middle of the series and not at the beginning. MeTV's final week of airing The Lucy Show consisted of the following episodes: "Lucy's Contact Lenses" (Mon, 8/29), "Lucy Gets Her Maid" (Tues, 8/30), "Lucy Gets the Bird" (Wed, 8/31), "Lucy, the Coin Collector" (Thurs, 9/1), and "Lucy and the Missing Stamp" (Fri, 9/2). Remember that "Together For Christmas" and "Chris's New Year Eve's Party" were skipped over. 

Thanks for confirming that!  I remember "Lucy Gets the Bird" aired the final week the show was on MeTV, but wasn't entirely sure it was the very last show.  So "Coin Collector" and "Missing Stamp" are the only episodes being repeated.

Even though I bought all six seasons and the newly released box set of The Lucy Show I caught myself watching Lucy yesterday (Saturday) on Decades and I am enjoying the episodes.  I plan on watching today, too.   I rate the first three years (the Viv years)  equal to the last three years. (California years).  I feel that The Lucy Show during season three needed a revamping and although I love Viv, The Lucy Show got better.  I'm in the minority and think season four is one of my favorite seasons, yes, there were a few duds like Rain Goddess, (but there are many duds also during season one of I Love Lucy, i.e. Drafted)  there is a freshness about season 4 with many classic episodes.  Season four jumped to third place in the ratings for 65-66 season.  During season three Lucy finished in eight place, the lowest ranking for the series.  The revamping of The Lucy Show only made it stronger.  It never finished lower than 4th place, earned Lucy three more Emmy nominations and two consecutive wins for seasons five and six, which were well deserved and long overdue.  It also earned nominations for Best Comedy, Directing and Writing in a Comedy Series along with two nominations for Gale Gordon.   The Lucy Show will never earn the respect that I Love Lucy has attained, but I think people who are buying the DVDS and watching marathons on Decades and ME-TV are finally realizing that The Lucy Show is a classic masterpiece.  The sales for the DVDs are doing very well and people who were just subjected to the 30 public domain episodes which were just horrible washed out copies of The Lucy Show that were released in different packaging are finally seeing the show is really good and further established Lucy as the Queen of Comedy.  

• Like 1

Even though I bought all six seasons and the newly released box set of The Lucy Show I caught myself watching Lucy yesterday (Saturday) on Decades and I am enjoying the episodes.  I plan on watching today, too.   I rate the first three years (the Viv years)  equal to the last three years. (California years).  I feel that The Lucy Show during season three needed a revamping and although I love Viv, The Lucy Show got better.  I'm in the minority and think season four is one of my favorite seasons, yes, there were a few duds like Rain Goddess, (but there are many duds also during season one of I Love Lucy, i.e. Drafted)  there is a freshness about season 4 with many classic episodes.  Season four jumped to third place in the ratings for 65-66 season.  During season three Lucy finished in eight place, the lowest ranking for the series.  The revamping of The Lucy Show only made it stronger.  It never finished lower than 4th place, earned Lucy three more Emmy nominations and two consecutive wins for seasons five and six, which were well deserved and long overdue.  It also earned nominations for Best Comedy, Directing and Writing in a Comedy Series along with two nominations for Gale Gordon.   The Lucy Show will never earn the respect that I Love Lucy has attained, but I think people who are buying the DVDS and watching marathons on Decades and ME-TV are finally realizing that The Lucy Show is a classic masterpiece.  The sales for the DVDs are doing very well and people who were just subjected to the 30 public domain episodes which were just horrible washed out copies of The Lucy Show that were released in different packaging are finally seeing the show is really good and further established Lucy as the Queen of Comedy.  

How is the complete box set? Are all the seasons in one big box and do they have the same artwork as the season release sets?

I missed the marathon.  I get these "sub-stations" through cable.  Does anyone get them over the air (through antenna)?

I did not know CBS owned both Me and Decades. 

Amazing the stuff that they're showing.  I'm hoping one of them will air more one-(or two) season shows.  I would love to see Pete and Gladys again, along with Glynis.  Maybe even Angel.    Think of all the films that gave been taking up space, gathering dust.  All those "Movies of the Week"'s from the 70s, etc. (not that many of them were classics).  Since the prints they show are always so clear, I assume they're remastering them from the original 35mm films.  When these shows were originally syndicated, local stations received 16mm prints, the video was a blurrier and the sound was dead.

Did Decades show the usual CBS morning prints with 4 acts instead of 3?   The only way you can really tell is if the 3rd season opening credits were the "it's THE LUCY SHOW" (my favorite of all) rather than the kaleidoscope.   You can also tell if there is a fade to black with that hurried exit music inserted, then an abrupt fade up to the same scene (where CBS put the commercial). 

Didn't someone post that Decades was going to run "Choirmaster" on Christmas?  I can't find it in my onscreen guide. 

• Like 1

The "netlet" I miss is Antenna TV, which I currently don't get on our DISH TV line-up (probably because we have the most basic of subscriptions), particularly since they seem to show a much wider variety of old classic sitcoms that nobody else seems to anymore.  Just saw their "new" schedule which begins airing in January and boy does it have a lot of stuff I've loved since I was a kid and haven't seen since then and also shows I never tire of watching (and am glad they're still airing SOMEWHERE!). :HALKING:

Some of the shows I'm referring include but are not limited to: Jeannie, Bewitched, Partridge Family, Hazel, Dennis the Menace, Maude, All in the Family, Patty Duke Show, Green Acres and many others plus much rarer fare like The Joey Bishop Show, My Mother the Car (!), It's About Time and Circus Boy (?!?). :blink:

So for those of you who can see it I hope you appreciate it!! :lucywow:

I have Directv, but I bought a set of rabbit ears so I could pull in some of the sub stations. Unfortunately, Decades is one channel I don't get. I love Antenna TV! I'm really looking forward to their marathon of The Jack Benny Program on New Year's Eve (Lucy's guest appearance is scheduled).

• Like 1

I'm getting youtube through this Lounge, with your exciting posting entries; is youtube a free enterprise?  If so, how do I subscribe?  Thanks.  :fabrary:

As far as I know, YouTube is free. However, if you want to comment  (on the videos in general) or view videos that are marked or flagged (as "adult content" usually) then you will need to register. Hope that helps.

You're welcome! :)

How is the complete box set? Are all the seasons in one big box and do they have the same artwork as the season release sets?

Yes, all of the seasons are in one box. Unlike the I Love Lucy complete series box set, all six seasons of The Lucy Show come in one case. In the case is a disc holder that holds all of the discs. Keep in the mind that the disc holder isn't attached or apart of the case. And the discs overlap each other. So if the disc holder is broken or begins to crack, then you are pretty much screwed. I personally would just get the individual seasons of the show as each has their own case.  

I still watch Lucy on television despite having her on DVD. There is just something about watching a program on TV. Maybe it's because others are watching it as well and not just you.

I enjoy the whole series as well despite the format changes and revolving door of the production crew. However, I still would have liked to have seen Vivian Vance in all six seasons as a regular than just the first three. The writing would have better and there would have been more laughs. Vivian Bagley grounded Lucy Carmichael in reality and their schemes were more believable. The Mr. Mooney character; unfortunately, became more of a one-note character in the bank years which was a detriment to enhancing the comedy. The Mary Jane character too was more or less a one-note character with the function of bouncing ideas off with Lucy back and forth. The celebrities were a draw back then for the show but that is not the case today. The younger generation(s) probably don't have a clue of, at least, 75% of the celebrities that appeared on the show. And that ages the bank years dramatically compared with the first three where there are only a few episodes centering around celebrities. And I bet today's viewers (and the public in general) would rather sit and watch Lucy scheme with her old pal Viv and plot against her archnemesis Mr. Mooney than create havoc or be a help for a celebrity that they have no familiarity with or see her in a musical/variety-type episode.  And yes, as the series progressed into the bank years those musical numbers became more common and there were a number episodes that contained "the show within a show" element. And that becomes even more apparent in the show's last season. And this is what partially hurts (the Bank years and thus) the show in attracting new viewers. Because what average person born after 1990 is interested in music from the 60s and earlier? Not a whole lot that's for sure. And that's partially why some Lucy Show episodes come across dated (and irrelevant) than others. A fine example would be the fourth season episode, "Lucy In the Music World", with celebrity guest star, Mel Torme. It doesn't help either that today's audience isn't familiar with that celebrity.

Anyways, I do agree that The Lucy Show is an underrated classic that doesn't get it's due recognition. Like you implied, it was one of the best-performing sitcoms of it's era featuring television's most beloved television actress and TV Legend. It was the series that helped cement future TV producer-creator Garry Marshall's career. And It is he that is responsible for a number of memorable TV hits like Happy Days and The Odd Couple. It is he that is responsible for launching Robin Williams into superstardom via Mork and Mindy. Likewise with his own sister, Penny Marshall, via Laverne & Shirley. And yes television's 1977-1978, 1978-1979 number #1-rated comedy and most popular series -  Laverne & Shirley was inspired by, you guessed it --- The Lucy Show.  The same can be said for Katie & Allie and possibly Perfect Strangers among countless other sitcoms that followed. And The Lucy Show was the first series in television history to feature America's original Queen of Comedy as THE ONE and ONLY star. Unlike I Love Lucy and the Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour follow-up series, she had to share co-star billing with her then-husband, Desi Arnaz. And yes, everyone would agree that The Lucy Show helped further cement Lucille Ball's legacy and icon status. 

• Like 1

Yes, all of the seasons are in one box. Unlike the I Love Lucy complete series box set, all six seasons of The Lucy Show come in one case. In the case is a disc holder that holds all of the discs. Keep in the mind that the disc holder isn't attached or apart of the case. And the discs overlap each other. So if the disc holder is broken or begins to crack, then you are pretty much screwed. I personally would just get the individual seasons of the show as each has their own case.  

Thanks for the info. I have all six season sets but was curious how they packaged the box set.

Thanks for the info. I have all six season sets but was curious how they packaged the box set.

Me too but I still want this set! Love the packaging (well...except for the choice of GREEN for her "Main Street USA" outfit instead of the color it really, was, I don't get that at all!) and I've found since I have the Complete Series boxes of her other two series that it's easier to go to one "source" to have a little marathon rather than 4, 5 or 6 to pull various discs for a plethora of episodes.  Probably just me... :blink:

With the most recent version/release of "ILL"'s Complete Box (don't have it yet but do have the original release, with the discs separated equally in two "accordian"-type cardboard holders, which works nicely and makes it easy to find the one you're looking for), for some reason the discs are divided UNequally into one larger plastic case which holds Seasons 1-5 and a thinner one holding the 6th and hour-long episodes; I understand there's no bonus disc ("Lucy in Scotland" colorized, "The I Love Lucy Movie" etc.) as there was in the first incarnation, which looks odd and makes me wonder....why? I see no reason the total discs weren't divided equally in two same-sized plastic cases, doesn't make sense to me....

Just seems "sloppy" for lack of a better description.... but then i guess it's what's IN those box(es) that count! :peachonthebeach:

• 4 weeks later...

Today, Decades is showing episodes from 1967 of The Lucy Show from 2-5pm and from 11pm - 2 am.

Mickie - tell me a little about Decades; is is a 'commercial' channel; or a premium one?  Thanks; I'm SURE I don't have it; what I DO have is about 150 channels I never watch;  but, pay for within my 'bundle'!!!! 

My 'go-to' channels number less than 30; which I surf for news, sci-fi, science, movies, etc.; it really is disgusting what Time-Warner/Spectrum charges; they KNOW what you watch on a regular basis; still charge you for ALL.... In way of compliment, they THROW IN Showtime FREE, for the nominal charge, for YEARS now, for $2.00 extra/month!

Mickie - tell me a little about Decades; is is a 'commercial' channel; or a premium one?  Thanks; I'm SURE I don't have it; what I DO have is about 150 channels I never watch;  but, pay for within my 'bundle'!!!! 

My 'go-to' channels number less than 30; which I surf for news, sci-fi, science, movies, etc.; it really is disgusting what Time-Warner/Spectrum charges; they KNOW what you watch on a regular basis; still charge you for ALL.... In way of compliment, they THROW IN Showtime FREE, for the nominal charge, for YEARS now, for $2.00 extra/month!

well I know what you mean about cable bills. I pay almost $170 for my cable and the high speed internet. Anyway, Decades is a CBS digital broadcast network that is available on local broadcast television (with an antenna) and some cable channels. I don't think its on any Time Warner cables but I am not sure. I get it thru local TV on channel 2.2. I have both cable and local broadcast television. Decades is a cool network as they offer different programing every day. They usually broadcast shows that either aired on that particular day in history or there could be another them - maybe honoring someone's birthday or anniversary of their death. They also run a one hour news program Monday - Friday and they cover events that occurred in history thru the years on that particular day. As an example, on Oct 15th, the would be covering the day I Love Lucy premiered on television. Its a very interesting program.

On the weekends, they run marathons that usually start at 1pm on Saturday until 7am on Monday morning. They have a vast catalogue of shows owned by CBS so they have plenty to run. They also started something recently where they will air a show such as Laugh-In twice a day 6pm and 9 pm (different episodes - not the same show twice). I think you would enjoy it and you should be able to get it with an antenna, hooked up to the back of your TV and local television is about 40 channels.

Mickie:  Thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to 'splain all that. 

Unfortunately, where I live now, all they do have is T-W/Spectrum; and I've got the bundle; tv, phone; h.s. internet for the 'bargain' (over yours) price of $150/month.  Wish I could get Decades; sounds like something I would LOVE. 

Thanks, again....  Radio Shack, here I come to see if I can get an antenna of which you speak.  :fabrary: