Feud (2017) First look at Jessica Lange as Joan Crawford

Shane91

I have always thought The Merm should gotten a Best Supporting Actress nod for Mad World.

I prefer Charlotte to Jane. It's still a very tragic story, but it's handled more playfully. To see Miss Olivia in a truly villainous role is a delight. Cousin Miriam is a long way from Cousin Melanie! Agnes Moorehead as Velma is one of the most incredible wonders ever put to film. The film's title song is absolutely beautiful. Maybe Feud's success will finally warrant a Blu Ray release for Charlotte- the Southern Gothic cinematography is just begging for it!

Aggie never ceased to amaze.... much beloved as it is to me -- right up there with "I Love Lucy", "Hazel" and several others -- it's kind of a shame so many folks only know her as Endora on "Bewitched"! :blink:

• Like 1

Aggie never ceased to amaze.... much beloved as it is to me -- right up there with "I Love Lucy", "Hazel" and several others -- it's kind of a shame so many folks only know her as Endora on "Bewitched"! :blink:

When I too the Universal Studios Tour, Here's Lucy was still on but Bewitched was not.  They handed out little brochures with various pictures, one of them of Lucy with her 6th season wig look.  A kid next to me on the tram was looking at it and said to his mother "That's Bewitched's mom!".  She was wearing one of those Bea Arthur-like pants suits with a cape (like "Punctured Romance") and unless you looked closely, she did sort of resemble Agnes as Endora.   I preferred the Endora of the first few Bewitched episodes where there's something a little bit more menacing about her.  Very believable that she could be a witch....and not one you would mess with.  One of the more clever throw-away gags: as some rambunctious boys playing cowboys&indians enter the room, Endora is lounging, reading the magazine "Harpee's Bazarr".  The 3 boys end up all hog-tied and gagged and only Gladys Kravitz is wondering how all three of them got tied up. "I can see one of them tying up the other two but how did the third one tie himself up???"   I love how Bewitched built the introduction of its characters to one another very slowly.  

• Like 1

I'm so glad I read the sections in the book detailing Charlotte prior to this week's episode. It was lots of fun seeing all the little moments captured, like Joan posing for photos with her Pepsi bottle at the read through.

I'm really pleased the series is focusing on more than just Baby Jane. This lesser known chapter is, in some ways, even more fascinating to me.

• Like 1

When Mammacita comes in the door and says " Home again, home again, jiggity jog." I cracked up. Charlie says this all the time.

Joan at that movie premiere, you really felt bad for her. I'm loving how they are really getting under the surface of these 2 ladies.

What's with this Crawford sex tape thing? Was there ever anything that came out about this or just a passing mention in a book somewhere?

There are nude pics out there of a woman who does look very much like Crawford, apparently taken from the film. They were published in the book Hollywood Babylon II.

Found this article today. Everything you wanted to know about this stag film.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/04/feud-joan-crawford-fact-check-stag-film-brother/amp

Found this article today. Everything you wanted to know about this stag film.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/04/feud-joan-crawford-fact-check-stag-film-brother/amp

If there was one Old Hollywood celeb to make a sex tape, Crawford would not surprise me one bit. Sinatra allegedly did one, too, but he was wearing a mask or something.
  • Like 1

"The Gitterman Version"

Here's my entry in the vast number of youtube videos celebrating the wonder of FEUD's "The Andy Williams Show" recreation, the fact that they replicated the dress and the BACKDROP (not to mention Davis's finger-pointing, hip-swaying, dress swirling choreography) when only those who've bothered to look up the video on youtube, they have my eternal gratitude.

• Like 1

"The Gitterman Version"

Here's my entry in the vast number of youtube videos celebrating the wonder of FEUD's "The Andy Williams Show" recreation, the fact that they replicated the dress and the BACKDROP (not to mention Davis's finger-pointing, hip-swaying, dress swirling choreography) when only those who've bothered to look up the video on youtube, they have my eternal gratitude.

BRAVO!!!! :D

Well, only one more to go. I'll be sad to see it end but I'm also dying to see how they tie it off.

Fortunately, this is one of those miniseries you can rewatch over and over and it'll never get tiring.

I'm happy to see we are getting into their older years, complete with those iconic old Bette Davis glasses.

• Like 1

I suppose if they were going to cover "Lucy and the Lost Star" even briefly, we might have heard about it by now.

I haven't watched last night's show yet. I assumed it was going to be the last one.

I wish that was going to be in the last episode, but I'm pretty sure an actress would be listed as playing Lucy on IMDb by now.

I can see Lang running to her dressing room, delivering the "and they call ME a bitch line" - then it cuts to the documentary with Kathy Bates as Blondell.

"I feel for her on that one. Crawford wasn't the only Joan that Lucy treated like shit, lemme tell ya! I told her to go F herself in front of the entire audience, then got drunk and cried all night. Geez. Bette should count herself lucky she hurt herself back in the 50s and couldn't do the Lucy-Desi show. Lettin' Tallulah bend over and take it was the best thing that could've happened to her. First my sister, then me, then the other Joan. None of us can say we love Lucy!"

• Like 3

That's a fantastic bit of dialogue. Wasn't Bette supposed to do Here's Lucy too?

Ingrid Bergman was supposed to guest star and dropped out. Bette was then hired, but then wanted too much money. Finally Ginger Rogers took over. I'd love to read the earlier versions of the script, but every copy was supposedly destroyed so Ginger would never find out she was a last minute substitute.

• Like 2

Ingrid Bergman was supposed to guest star and dropped out. Bette was then hired, but then wanted too much money. Finally Ginger Rogers took over. I'd love to read the earlier versions of the script, but every copy was supposedly destroyed so Ginger would never find out she was a last minute substitute.

Bette's was probably the same basic script as Ginger's, except replace Spike with B.D., and the grand finale Charleston with a Can-Can-off.

b8f02297ce1ef132dab42c7cf879d589.jpg

• Like 3

Those women are all so different I'm sure there were many script changes to fit them. They did a pretty good job with the episode considering they pulled it together in 2 days.

• Like 2

I've been catching up on episodes 4-7 over the last two days and did indeed find myself wondering what Miss De Havilland had to say. I figured that she surely must be aware of the show, and I guess I'm not surprised that she hasn't seen it. I AM surprised that she claims to have no memory of the '63 Oscars, where she presented Best Picture. In any interview I've seen with her, she seems to have a photographic memory. Either she truly doesn't remember the event because nothing memorable happened, or she's holding back some major dirt because shit went down.

Also- she's not the ONLY living person portrayed- we get to see Rip Torn! And, of course, darling, dearest, BD.

• Like 1