Feud (2017) First look at Jessica Lange as Joan Crawford

Shane91

Oh I'm not feeling it from both actors. After so many clips and meme's of Faye Dunaway as Joan Crawford I can't see anyone do Joan unless it's Faye. You think they'd let her out of the home to do this?  :lucyeww:

Considering we've only seen photos and no footage, I'm taking a wait and see approach. I'm sure they'll pull it off.

As for Dunaway being let out of the home, no. Keep those doors locked and bolted at ALL times!

• Like 3

Why do you say that? It's got a fantastic creative team, and undoubtedly will be deliberately campy and stylized in spots. I don't think we can make any judgements prior to seeing any footage.

True, I just don't want to be disappointed that's all. Also unsure about the casting.

• Like 1

Well, Faye doesn't seem to pull any punches, either -- even at 6:14 AM!

Funny, she talks about working with Johnny Depp and "the wonderful Marlon Brando," but doesn't mention working with legendary Bette Davis!  I wonder why?  :HALKING:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHQY-IfDFPg

And that's just the first one. Somewhere I found the whole series of messages she left and saved them.

While I like this trailer, especially the jazzy music, I have one question. I know this may sound trite but I find it "interesting" how Joan is sans chauffeur and Bette is piloting a 1958 convertible...a Chevrolet yet. Seems Bette would drop pretension to a POINT lol... I can see her driving a newer Cadillac convertable..NOT A late model Chevy :). I didn't think Miss "Wire Hangers" would drive herself anywhere ever lol :)

There's probably a LOT of "dramatic license" taken with what goes on in this limited series, despite it being based upon real (or should I say "reel"??) folks, locations and situations.  If you read the current Entertainment Weekly magazine issue (cover of Sarandon and Lange photographed as the dames they're portraying), I recall a mention in the interesting article that Joan had moved to NYC yet in the film they opted (for reasons I can't remember-- perhaps budgetary but probably expediency) to portray her in her LA mansion instead.  So be it....

I'm on the fence about this whole enterprise anyway (does anyone else think Sarandon is too.... attractive (sorry, trying to be delicate here!) to portray the more...ahem..uniquely-looking Davis??) ...

I know they'd probably never find "dead ringers" (see what I did there??) for either star, both much more beautiful IMHO than the ladies they're playing, but if maybe they'd gone with unknowns they might have come much closer.  Just a thought.  :lucythrill:

There's probably a LOT of "dramatic license" taken with what goes on in this limited series, despite it being based upon real (or should I say "reel"??) folks, locations and situations.  If you read the current Entertainment Weekly magazine issue (cover of Sarandon and Lange photographed as the dames they're portraying), I recall a mention in the interesting article that Joan had moved to NYC yet in the film they opted (for reasons I can't remember-- perhaps budgetary but probably expediency) to portray her in her LA mansion instead.  So be it....

I'm on the fence about this whole enterprise anyway (does anyone else think Sarandon is too.... attractive (sorry, trying to be delicate here!) to portray the more...ahem..uniquely-looking Davis??) ...

I know they'd probably never find "dead ringers" (see what I did there??) for either star, both much more beautiful IMHO than the ladies they're playing, but if maybe they'd gone with unknowns they might have come much closer.  Just a thought.  :lucythrill:

Davis's features are so unique that it's hard to think of anyone who looks like her. That EW cover awed me: Sarandon looks far more like her than I anticipated. I'm impressed she captured the look so completely. Lang too.

• Like 1

YOU'RE right again Joey!  Who cares about the automobiles its the "PERSONA" we are wanting to see.  So neither one of them are "dead ringers" (I liked what you did there), but the make up and (HOPEFULLY) the acting will transport us into the JUICY Story!! That "DAMMIT JOAN" and the sweet "HELLO BETTE" makes me want to shake up some Cosmopolitans and watch the show!  Plus I saw a pic online somewhere and my GAWD did Susan's make up capture the essence of Bette.  Something no LUCY actress/makeup person was EVER able to do. 

• Like 1

AND speaking of "CAPTURING PERSONAS"...  I had occasion to visit with a recently NEW friend of mine last night.  He was hanging out with me in the little broom closet I rent for a king's ransom..  Anyway, I had taken to "bending" the rules where I reside and decided to make my "Jail Cell" somewhat comfortable ... so posters and trinkets and mugs and signs of LUCY are on the walls and shelves. (To keep my sanity!) So the new friend knows who MY DIVA is lol.. We were watching a dvd I had of some "Colorized" Three Stooges episodes and he was telling me that the Three Stooges were his "THANG" while growing up.  He proceeds to inform me on some things I didn't know and verified other things I already knew.  Then he mentioned that he knows the Stooges as well as I knew LUCY.  So I was now INTRIGUED.. especially when he announced to me that my DIVA did a "few" Stooges Shorts and that she had brown hair back then.  WELL...  I found a clip on YOUTUBE where the Platinum Princess is talking to Larry and Larry says some jargon (To Lucy) in PIG LATIN (my friend is quizzically seeing this unfold) and Larry finishes with "You wouldn't know anything about that would you" and Lucy says " OH -OH NAY"

Well his face lit up and he exclaimed "OH MY GAWD!!! I didn't even recognize her!! I mean until she said her line because (and he was SHOCKED because he had no idea lol) "THAT VOICE is definitely HER"..  So long story short.. those dames don't have to look just like Bette and Joan as long as they capture the ESSENCE.  

• Like 2

AND speaking of "CAPTURING PERSONAS"...  I had occasion to visit with a recently NEW friend of mine last night.  He was hanging out with me in the little broom closet I rent for a king's ransom..  Anyway, I had taken to "bending" the rules where I reside and decided to make my "Jail Cell" somewhat comfortable ... so posters and trinkets and mugs and signs of LUCY are on the walls and shelves. (To keep my sanity!) So the new friend knows who MY DIVA is lol.. We were watching a dvd I had of some "Colorized" Three Stooges episodes and he was telling me that the Three Stooges were his "THANG" while growing up.  He proceeds to inform me on some things I didn't know and verified other things I already knew.  Then he mentioned that he knows the Stooges as well as I knew LUCY.  So I was now INTRIGUED.. especially when he announced to me that my DIVA did a "few" Stooges Shorts and that she had brown hair back then.  WELL...  I found a clip on YOUTUBE where the Platinum Princess is talking to Larry and Larry says some jargon (To Lucy) in PIG LATIN (my friend is quizzically seeing this unfold) and Larry finishes with "You wouldn't know anything about that would you" and Lucy says " OH -OH NAY"

Well his face lit up and he exclaimed "OH MY GAWD!!! I didn't even recognize her!! I mean until she said her line because (and he was SHOCKED because he had no idea lol) "THAT VOICE is definitely HER"..  So long story short.. those dames don't have to look just like Bette and Joan as long as they capture the ESSENCE.  

Well...I dunno about her having done a "few" Stooges shorts, but she *definitely* appears in this one! 

220px-Three_Little_Pig_Skins_1934.jpga4bde9ea9333141b62f31b8802fb8f7f.jpg4f5f12b8c9669ba3bcf42083824defd8.jpgthree_little_pigskins.jpg